Ranked Solo Match Making is Horrible

in PvP

Posted by: Roguefire.8174

Roguefire.8174

I attached kitten and as you can see I have lost the last 10 games in a row. I am top scorer almost every single match consistently. I have played my heart out, and all that effort has been awarded with ZERO division progress.

I can understand losing maybe 4 or 5 games in a row, but this matchmaking isn’t even making an effort. It’s really horrid.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Getting top score does not mean jack cat. Just because you got top score in your team does not mean you are the best player in your team or you contribute the most.

Also what tier are you in, with higher tier your opponent are stronger. I soloq all the way to Sapphire 3 without much problem.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

in PvP

Posted by: Gunner.7342

Gunner.7342

I see many 500 × 400+ games, ain’t those kinda balanced? did you lose pips in all of those losses? Were there anything your team could have done better if you communicated better?

However, soloQ is really hard indeed nowadays =/ ps. i got a 12 lose streak after i got to sapphire (playing to win, but dunno if the team was). In emerald and sapphire i also got a few 8w-2l runs

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Ye matchmaking aint the best BUT

You are PVE ranger with 200 solo arena games who still thinks that scoreboard points matter… people who are supposed to be on your MMR are atm practicing hotjoin or unranked at best.

Thats thing people dont understand you already should be experienced PVPer even before quing for ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Your games are all close. Maybe if you focused a bit more on the team win than personal score?

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Roguefire.8174

Getting top score does not mean jack cat. Just because you got top score in your team does not mean you are the best player in your team or you contribute the most.

I never said I was the “Best Player” but to claim having 0 points is no different than if you have 200 points is not jack cat… I am consistently caping, neutralizing, and winning in 1v1 battles.

I see many 500 × 400+ games, ain’t those kinda balanced? did you lose pips in all of those losses? Were there anything your team could have done better if you communicated better?

Those games were close, but that’s with me giving 200% effort just to close the gap. And everyone of those was a -1 pip loss or 0 pip gain. Multiple hours of hard effort in solo que and 0 payback in terms of the division rewards… really is killing pvp for me.

in PvP

Roguefire.8174

Your games are all close. Maybe if you focused a bit more on the team win than personal score?

I’m not focusing on personal score… I make this post in regards to wins. My personal score just so happens to be at the top with most kills and caps consistently. I am a team player… look, you could question these things if its a 3 or 4 in a row loss… but 10 games in a row? Thats some serious bs

in PvP

Posted by: Chris.6089

Chris.6089

played with a f______ legendary teamed with 2 amber. This is so lame

in PvP

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

That gold though…

Anyways, your matches are all close – what build are you running? What’s your role? If you self identify what’s holding those 90-100 points back you should be winning more.

in PvP

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

Ye matchmaking aint the best BUT

You are PVE ranger with 200 solo arena games who still thinks that scoreboard points matter… people who are supposed to be on your MMR are atm practicing hotjoin or unranked at best.

Thats thing people dont understand you already should be experienced PVPer even before quing for ranked.

Solo arena games are no fully phased out from the pvp scene for almost… a year? Has nothing to do with his ability to play ranked. Logic’d,

(edit to make sure)

(edited by Domino.1359)

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

I attached kitten and as you can see I have lost the last 10 games in a row. I am top scorer almost every single match consistently. I have played my heart out, and all that effort has been awarded with ZERO division progress.

I can understand losing maybe 4 or 5 games in a row, but this matchmaking isn’t even making an effort. It’s really horrid.

Weird. Never in my 8000+ games i had this issue.

Whenever i have huge losing streaks im usually to blame. Like when im trying out profs i dont master yet or w/e. Sure being unlucky with teammates happens, but not in huge streaks, just doesnt happen.

When i play like you mentioned in another post i typically carry games with sets of bad teammates to win. Like one of the last few games where teammates decided to keep defending our boss with 3 vs only 2 opponents. There for forcing me to 1v2 for at least a few minutes. If i didnt sustain we wouldve lost. But ye…we won. So guess what happened.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Roguefire.8174

Weird. Never in my 8000+ games i had this issue.

Whenever i have huge losing streaks im usually to blame. Like when im trying out profs i dont master yet or w/e. Sure being unlucky with teammates happens, but not in huge streaks, just doesnt happen.

When i play like you mentioned in another post i typically carry games with sets of bad teammates to win. Like one of the last few games where teammates decided to keep defending our boss with 3 vs only 2 opponents. There for forcing me to 1v2 for at least a few minutes. If i didnt sustain we wouldve lost. But ye…we won. So guess what happened.

I have played thousands of games too, and I have never had as big of losing streaks as this… I can recognize when I am to blame for loses, or if I am consistently losing engagements. But in these games, I have been the only one to cap points and defend points. One game I watch my 4 teamates continue to run mid over and over and never even neutralize the point, getting destroyed in engagements. I would communicate to try and play sides and they get tunnel vision and keep going to a losing battle. Meanwhile the whole match I am running home and far. Neutralizing and Capping over and over… and we still score in the 400’s but with all the deaths it doesn’t even matter. This type of thing happens so often.

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Playing soloq right now is a straight up gamble which is more likely to NOT be in your favor since you have premade teams on top of the mmr random factor in the equation. You either grind for a whole day praying to get that streak to move you up a tier or you find something else to do and wait untill GW2 has a working pvp system. never

(edited by Burn.5401)

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

I attached kitten and as you can see I have lost the last 10 games in a row. I am top scorer almost every single match consistently

Maybe exactly that’s the problem. You get personal score for many things including very bad and silly things like double capping. So playing for personal score often results in very bad play. You should play for the team and anet should have removed personal score long ago.

in PvP

Posted by: Blackari.2051

Blackari.2051

i see 6k gold so you have to be PvE-er .. and now dont take me wrong but having top score is nothing, it does not say anything about how good you are + i dont get it how did you manage to get so many looses with ranger, i assume you are playing druid … cuz when i started to play druid for the first time i went on 10+ win streak ….

in PvP

Roguefire.8174

on a team of friends of equal skill level, im on a 20+ match winning streak. 6k gold doesnt mean anything against my pvp skill… you are dense to think that it does. PvP solo que is a low risk gamble.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

Matchmaking seems succeded in OP attached sample because very close games. Streaks like this are disheartening though.

As a note to personal points. Everyone understand that they are not representation of skill only. Really no need to make several posts about it in every thread. However if you rotate in a smart way making difference then there is nothing wrong in getting high personal points.

in PvP

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

This is probably a redundant question, but are you sure you aren’t doing anything wrong? A 5-6 loss streak makes sense. It’s bad matchmaking, but I’ve seen it before. 10 losses in the row leads me (and apparently other people) to think that there’s an objective problem going on here, and the only consistence in between matchups would be the fact that you’re in them. (though honestly, it could just be bad luck as well since you’re getting such close matches)

Perhaps post some post-game statistics? and/or your build? It’d probably help determine if you’re actually doing something wrong.

Addendum; and I don’t mean that at all in an offensive way. we were all new to pvp at one time, and I know I did a lot of stupid things in my first ~500 matches or so.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

That gold though.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Roguefire.8174

It’s weird now, even in team matches, I notice several loses in a row, then several wins, then several loses… but i have still yet to go back to solo que as it is broken horribly. If they are going to pair you up in a losing team repeatedly then they need to change the way they reward pips.