Ranked Spirit Watch

Ranked Spirit Watch

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

So, is Spirit Watch ever going to see the light of ranked? Every other map has made its way into ranked, even skyhammer, originally one of the biggest joke of a map there was.

So what exactly is keeping spirit watch from showing up in ranked? From my experience it seems like a well designed map with a good secondary and doesn’t seem very snowbally. Thoughts?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Ranked Spirit Watch

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I like spirit watch. I would say that the orb mechanic is a bit too high risk for its reward and hence is almost always best to ignore. Either make the orb worth more points or allow the orb runner to go just a bit faster. Also since skills have been normalized for orb running, they should also normalize base stats with the orb since now high health classes are the best orb runners though that currently doesn’t matter since orb running is a bad idea.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Ranked Spirit Watch

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I like spirit watch. I would say that the orb mechanic is a bit too high risk for its reward and hence is almost always best to ignore. Either make the orb worth more points or allow the orb runner to go just a bit faster. Also since skills have been normalized for orb running, they should also normalize base stats with the orb since now high health classes are the best orb runners though that currently doesn’t matter since orb running is a bad idea.

Oh that would be cool, if picking up the orb just gives you set stats, would make it possible to run the orb on super glassy builds too and not needing to be a bunker to do so.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Ranked Spirit Watch

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

PSA: Mesmers can port the orb to a point.

Ranked Spirit Watch

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

PSA: Mesmers can port the orb to a point.

Good point, I didn’t realize that but an easy fix in theory. The game already forces the person taking the port to drop the orb but they drop it upon exiting the portal not going into it. Making the orb not get ported would be good.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Ranked Spirit Watch

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Unlikely.

Spirit Watch has a poor map design on top of a poor secondary mechanic.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Ranked Spirit Watch

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

No, thank you. That map is too oriented to large fights off points. We have enough problems with unbalanced matches. We don’t need to throw in off-point slaughters and an ’I win" button orb mechanic.

Mesmerising Girl

Ranked Spirit Watch

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Far points on spirit watch are way too easy to defend from people respawning.

It’s on high ground, there are plenty of obstructions, and its easily assaulted from mid. Then there is the problem that mid has so much ground advantage from people heading their directly from respawn. The whole map is just so prone to snowballs its terrible for competitive play.