Ranked/Unranked is backwards.

in PvP

Posted by: Khorg.2195

Khorg.2195

Long time player(beta)/ first time QQ’r

I’m sorry, this is my first time posting something so negative about ranked PvP..
I have played since Beta, have invested a lot of time and effort into this game…
So I will say.. The PvP community is bigger than it has been since launch..
However, it’s also the worst I’ve ever seen. With the introduction of Ascended Armor, and Legendary backpack prior.. I see a TON of people in there who quit after 1st push. They earned their points for the match and give up. Why? Because they are just there for pve gear.. This is going to happen I know. I report them for idle etc.. Yet, do I really have to deal with this 2 outa 5 matches at the least?? With only being able to Duo Queue up, all I keep getting is at least 1 pug with this BS.. Please put regular matchmaking back. This is complete crap that I can’t guild group in pvp with even a 3rd. Also, this effects missions.. I’ve had people yell at my guild. Legit getting kittened off anytime we do a 5 man in Unranked. Is this really the state of the game? True competative teams having to join unranked just to group up, then everyone in unranked crying about it because we have no other choice?? It’s not even fun. Getting ready to go to another game, and I never thought I’d say that.

I play GW2 for PvP and some WvW. Yet, you over listen to your community. Who votes on the forums? Upset people.. people who complain a lot on here, like I am now.. Yet, you let them vote on such a crucial thing as single or duo in ranked… THIS IS BACKWARDS! Solo or duo in unraked!!! Not in ranked! It makes zero kitten sense to have your competitive mode weaker groups than in unranked. What a joke. Please FIX!

(edited by Khorg.2195)

in PvP

Posted by: Khorg.2195

Khorg.2195

Am I the only one that feels this way??

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Am I the only one that feels this way??

Yes.

The truth of the matter is, it does not matter if people are playing PvP for just PvE rewards. The whole point of a ranked system is to balance those players and separate them from the crowd so they are grouped up with the same skill level overall.

If anything, I see far more people satisfied with PvP than I ever had seen before, and a lot more people are playing far longer and much more matches even when not being rewarded as much.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

yes they did the right thing. i actually wish that ascended shards is not limited to 1200 every season. seeing for pve players also someone like who also like pveing 1 ascended set is not enough.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: JonnyForgotten.4276

JonnyForgotten.4276

I like the current setup. It allows a strictly solo player like myself to participate in ranked. That being said, i think a 3-5 (or 4-5) player guild team queue in addition to the solo/duo q would be a good idea.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

we had guild leaderboards before, and we know what happened there. this is the best system we are gonna get, its not perfect, but its x1000000000 better than the garbage before it.