Ranked arena requirements

in PvP

Posted by: Wankeleh.8259

Wankeleh.8259

Hi everyone. I would like to address the issue with the ranked arena requirements. Imo rank 20 to start and play ranked arena is way too low and it should be higher. Mostly because people don’t know how to play and they can’t learn to play if they jump straight to ranked matches. Also with that they are lowering the chances of people on there team to win. Matchmaking placement could be also improved. I think 10 matches are not enough to evaluate someones skill rating. Might help if the matchmaking could consider including pvp rank points as well.

Ty

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I agree. I know it from myself. With rank 20 i had been a rooky not being able to handle rezzes well and barley knowing most maps. I learned what tempe buffs mean later. I say you need at least 500 games to be ready for ranked. Of course it´s possible to lower the floor and say let them struggle in bronze but it severly impacts ranked quality.
And the 10 placement matches are the worst thin they did in S5. It outmaneuvers MMR by a few random matches….

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

It should be higher to prevent smurf accounts. Getting to rank 20 is borderline annoying but if you had to get to say rank 40 to do ranked you would see way less smurf accounts.

in PvP

Posted by: Wankeleh.8259

Wankeleh.8259

Agreed with everything you wrote guys. I hope for season 6 that Anet will do somthing

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

rank 40-50 should be the requirement. rank 20 is so easy.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I would go for rank 80 …. But that will be to much disalowing a just jump in philosophy. It is ranked so most expect competative players but the rewards and low entry shows another picture. It´s made to open the door for more players.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

No.

Experience matters very little, there are players with Thousands of more hours than me and absolutely struggle in bronze.

A rank requirement should be removed entirely, the whole point of ranked is to balance the players to their appropriate skill levels.

Anyone can carry their team in bronze, so if you’re struggling to win in that range the issue is not the new player, it’s yourself.

There are new players in high gold and even platinum, because they are good at the game… Experience has nothing to do with it.

I have news for you, PvE players can actually be decent in pvp. Isn’t that a shock? That’s the whole point of the rating system. It puts you in your place, yeah your teammates may sick but guess what so does the enemy team have those same crap teammates (they have the same rating usually.)

(edited by Chase.8415)

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

No.

Experience matters very little, there are players with Thousands of more hours than me and absolutely struggle in bronze.

A rank requirement should be removed entirely, the whole point of ranked is to balance the players to their appropriate skill levels.

Anyone can carry their team in bronze, so if you’re struggling to win in that range the issue is not the new player, it’s yourself.

There are new players in high gold and even platinum, because they are good at the game… Experience has nothing to do with it.

I have news for you, PvE players can actually be decent in pvp. Isn’t that a shock? That’s the whole point of the rating system. It puts you in your place, yeah your teammates may sick but guess what so does the enemy team have those same crap teammates (they have the same rating usually.)

What did you hope to achieve with this outburst? Regardless I agree to some degree but nobody automatically knows what’s going on in PvP so an entry level is necessary. 20 is as good 40 so I don’t really care tbh.

I was a PvE’er once, now I’m somewhat of a hybrid I think. I still PvE but nowadays I PvP a lot as well.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

raising the entry level can be an option, but there is another equal on imprtance, make a kittening non skipable tutorial of all map mechanisms, yesterday i had on a match on temple one dude who put on team chat after losing the cap buf: “wtf happened?, we had 3 points and suddenly lost all”

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I agree. I know it from myself. With rank 20 i had been a rooky not being able to handle rezzes well and barley knowing most maps. I learned what tempe buffs mean later. I say you need at least 500 games to be ready for ranked. Of course it´s possible to lower the floor and say let them struggle in bronze but it severly impacts ranked quality.
And the 10 placement matches are the worst thin they did in S5. It outmaneuvers MMR by a few random matches….

Nope you should totally come in with a 1200 MMR mid season and play with legitimate folks whom have all settled after 100 games at 1200. Just to spice things up!

in PvP

Posted by: Mushin.3928

Mushin.3928

Not expecting this suggestion to be well received by the community:

What should happen is that the rank requirement should be completely eliminated. New players, or players who haven’t played Ranked mode in more than one season, should start with 0 rating. Even if you ace your placement matches, you’ll still be in bronze coming out of them. This also solves the current ridiculous problem of people placing in Legendary straight out of placement. If need be, a new division could be added (“Iron”?) so that people have some experience under their belts by the time they get to silver.

Unranked just doesn’t prepare you for ranked mode. People run off the wall builds there, so you might be more (or less) successful depending on what your build is. These days half the matches are in Coliseum which you can’t even play in ranked. You get teams in unranked and none in ranked. And during the season, the unranked queues are bad: long queue times often followed by ridiculous stomps one way or another.

There should also be a smaller rating change for early placement matches. I’ve seen a rating shift of 117 points for a loss in the first couple matches, thats just too much, whether for victory or loss.

Bottom line, if you want people to get better at ranked mode then they have to practice in ranked mode.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

What should happen is that the rank requirement should be completely eliminated. New players, or players who haven’t played Ranked mode in more than one season, should start with 0 rating. Even if you ace your placement matches, you’ll still be in bronze coming out of them. This also solves the current ridiculous problem of people placing in Legendary straight out of placement. If need be, a new division could be added (“Iron”?) so that people have some experience under their belts by the time they get to silver.

Unranked just doesn’t prepare you for ranked mode. People run off the wall builds there, so you might be more (or less) successful depending on what your build is. These days half the matches are in Coliseum which you can’t even play in ranked. You get teams in unranked and none in ranked. And during the season, the unranked queues are bad: long queue times often followed by ridiculous stomps one way or another.

There should also be a smaller rating change for early placement matches. I’ve seen a rating shift of 117 points for a loss in the first couple matches, thats just too much, whether for victory or loss.

Bottom line, if you want people to get better at ranked mode then they have to practice in ranked mode.

No requirement is something I completely agree with. When it is ranked, if you don’t understand the map you will be placed with others that have the same issue.

Problem is though, people are unwilling to accept that they are bronze, or they’re better than silver or gold. They always blame their teammates.

Fact is though, the only common denominator in these matches is themselves, so yes they do belong in that range.

in PvP

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

That’s not really true though is it, have you played in Bronze, I climbed out of Bronze after nearly 50 games, it was a struggle, but the players at this level just cannot be carried, (yes im aware of what 1 of the top players in EU did) but heres a good example.

Tonight in a match I had a Necro and a Thief who ran everywhere together, and died over and over to a RANGER, ( yes a ranger not even druid ) and this Ranger killed them over and over, no matter how much in chat we asked Necro to support mid they ignored us, we ended up losing by 200+ points,

Another match the guard in the team died in 3 seconds to the enemy team, and continued to do that over and over,

Some matches you just cannot carry no matter what you try, some players just cannot play a class, I main Necro and have seen other Necros on the team, who didn’t use any boon stripping and when asked, they said they where a minion master, enough said, some players are too ingrained with the 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 win play style, and that doesn’t cut it in PvP.

So saying anyone who cant carry a team is bad, is just not the case, when the match is already 5v4 or 5v3.

Im all for putting the entry into Ranked to lvl 60-80, that way they have to have had some time playing x class, I also agree with ( from another thread ) that the pips should only be given if you WIN, this will stop the AFK farmers who have no interest in playing, as they get rewarded for losing anyway atm.

(edited by Ok I Did It.2854)

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

No requirement is something I completely agree with. When it is ranked, if you don’t understand the map you will be placed with others that have the same issue.

Problem is though, people are unwilling to accept that they are bronze, or they’re better than silver or gold. They always blame their teammates.

Fact is though, the only common denominator in these matches is themselves, so yes they do belong in that range.

no, puting a high requirement of level not is for newbies, is to make hard smurfing alts, rank can be farmed and is time matter to get it, increasing time is only to slow or making worthles for time consumed smurf alt creation, if you are againts it probably is you want to create smurf alts

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

were asking to raise rank requirement not deter newbies but to minimize alt smurfing.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend