Ranked games should require a gold deposit

in PvP

Posted by: Tulki.1458

Tulki.1458

I’ve seen an alarming number of matches where a fifth person joins at the last second before the match starts and sits afk for the entire thing.

Please add a gold deposit to ranked matches that gets returned if the player has more than zero points by the end of the match. Seriously. If someone queues in a ranked game, charge them 1g and add 1g to the reward if they accomplished ANYTHING during the match. People who keep queueing up and going afk for rank points should start losing gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

A betting system in solo q/team q would be so funny.

People could literally put their money where thier mouth is nom nom nom

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

It’s a crazy idea but for some reason, I like it?

It’ll never happen though.

(edited by Obsidia.5127)

in PvP

Posted by: ThatShortGuy.4672

ThatShortGuy.4672

Anet would also have to worry about gambling laws. But a deposit can work.

That Cloaked One / That Phantom Memser / That Dark One
ThatShortGuy.com

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Not a bad idea, to join a solo q or team q game costs 1g. You get the 1g back at the end of the match, as long as you score above the average of all players involved divided by 2. So pretty easy to get your 1g refunded, but if you AFK you lose 1g.

Could help a lot…

No gambling involved there.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Not a bad idea, to join a solo q or team q game costs 1g. You get the 1g back at the end of the match, as long as you score above the average of all players involved divided by 2. So pretty easy to get your 1g refunded, but if you AFK you lose 1g.

Could help a lot…

I don’t want any rewards tied to personal score. That metric needs to be removed and burnt.

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Could help a lot…

I don’t want any rewards tied to personal score. That metric needs to be removed and burnt.

It would be there just to avoid AFK’ing, so long as you play the team q or solo q game you would not be penalised in any way.

in PvP

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

There would need to be some kind of treshold to prevent people from just capping one thing and then afking again though. And the initial outcry would jmbe hug too.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Gambling on matches would be so funny though

Bumping this again

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: someone.7485

someone.7485

The OP is clearly not talking about gambling. Just adding incentive to not going afk. I like it. I think for compensation, the gold of the afk player should be split equally between the rest of the players.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Not a bad idea. The point is though there are many things A-net could be trying. But yet they do nothing. They allow people to game the system becuase they know how many times they can do this without facing any kind of real penalty. Oh noes I have a stack of deserter!

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: isolatedchimp.2510

isolatedchimp.2510

Wait, I’m pretty sure that you don’t get any rank points anyway if you get 0 points on the scoreboard so adding a gold fee doesn’t change anything.

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Anet would also have to worry about gambling laws. But a deposit can work.

How so? Mystic toiler is the very definition of gambling, especially since a lot of people use real money->gems->gold chain for it. If there is a reason someone should take a closer look at Guild Wars 2 for compliance with gambling laws then Mystic toilet probably ranks very high.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

A betting system in solo q/team q would be so funny.

People could literally put their money where thier mouth is nom nom nom

Or I could bet against myself every game, and then spend the entire game running around naked. ezmonie

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

I like the idea.

Simply some trade-off for joining.

afaik tournaments are meant to be the more serious part of PvP, if there’s no punishment and yet rewarding, many people wont take it serious enough.

Might as well be a small PvP progress line for an accbound “tournament certificate” which you lose if you aren’t eligible for a reward from the game you joined, and the line can be reactivated once you lose it. If you join with a group however, this shouldn’t be required.

Note: small, pretty much like tier 2 or something of the other lines.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

(edited by Ghostwolf.9863)

in PvP

Posted by: Zero.6592

Zero.6592

The idea is not bad, but recently I have been getting disconnected an awful lot (outside of GW2 my internet is perfectly fine). Getting dc never gave me a 0 points ending so far, but I imagine losing gold as well as the match because of connection issues would be frustrating as hell.

People should definitely be punished for being a kitten in tournament games though. Hopefully Arenanet will design an elegant system for it.