Ranked needs some changes

in PvP

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Need to find a way to punish those who throw games or clearly stop playing a 1/4 of the way into a game. Could be back luck on my part, time of day, no idea, but this is the most frustrating thing at the moment I see.

Enter game. 1 or 2 minutes in you are down 50 or so and the team in-fighting starts. Someone or some two give up and it is a 3 v 5 no win situation. There isn’t much you can do. Rest of it, well, should work itself out. But this throwing games in spit, or giving up, or afk, whatever, is hurting those of us trying to honestly manage our score to climb the ladder.

Can’t carry afk.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

Tough luck, they don’t make changes once the season starts. All we can do is hope S6 is better and that 3 months down the line we get to have fun as well. Though I doubt it.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Need to find a way to punish those who throw games or clearly stop playing a 1/4 of the way into a game. Could be back luck on my part, time of day, no idea, but this is the most frustrating thing at the moment I see.

Enter game. 1 or 2 minutes in you are down 50 or so and the team in-fighting starts. Someone or some two give up and it is a 3 v 5 no win situation. There isn’t much you can do. Rest of it, well, should work itself out. But this throwing games in spit, or giving up, or afk, whatever, is hurting those of us trying to honestly manage our score to climb the ladder.

Can’t carry afk.

I’m doing fairly well in mid gold and was planning to get to mid platinum, but I’m already done with this season. Every time I join a PvP season I remember why I stop playing PvP for long stretches: Babies that quit at the start of the match. It ruins the game for 9 other people, and the games are fairly long.

You get much better small scale fights in WvW where people play for fun instead of giving up at the slightest hint they’ll have to play decently rather than just coast.

in PvP

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Can’t carry afk.

I’m doing fairly well in mid gold and was planning to get to mid platinum, but I’m already done with this season. Every time I join a PvP season I remember why I stop playing PvP for long stretches: Babies that quit at the start of the match.

You get much better small scale fights in WvW where people play for fun instead of giving up at the slightest hint they’ll have to play decently rather than just coast.

Yeah, I agree. I’m just a bit surprised. Some rage in the game, cuss, call names, etc. I’m not going to do that (not that I’m not frustrated). But last 4 games all had people just up and give up. Seems like there should be some form of penalty for them. Sure, maybe we couldn’t pull out the win. I get it. But what if…

Seems very toxic in low silver. Hopefully others are finding some fun.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

It’s toxic in every single division, always has been and always will be. And seasons bring out the worst in people. Forget it, I have a good idea of how good I am, not going to expose myself to the vitriol anymore. Even with map (and even team chat) off the guy dancing in your spawn gets his point across: “Kitty all you guys.”

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

It’s toxic in every single division, always has been and always will be. And seasons bring out the worst in people. Forget it, I have a good idea of how good I am, not going to expose myself to the vitriol anymore. Even with map (and even team chat) off the guy dancing in your spawn gets his point across: “Kitty all you guys.”

Actually I totally disagree with this, in Gold Tier 2 there is very rarely any trash talking. Sometimes people will say GG facetiously but that’s about it. I’ll admit I may be a bit salty sometimes when I play as well, but the worst I will say is as a team.

I always blame the team directly, such as stating “We’re not doing enough damage.” vs “You guys suck.”

There is absolutely no benefit of me stating a person directly in chat that they suck. It does make sense to say something about damage and hopefully people pick up their game.

In the lower ratings, I’ve heard countless stories of trash talking; seems to be only in the very high ratings and lowest ratings where this is an issue.

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

In the lower ratings, I’ve heard countless stories of trash talking; seems to be only in the very high ratings and lowest ratings where this is an issue.

Your post kind of contradicts itself with “hearing stories” being your evidence. As I said I am mid gold as well and play with people who at least claim are in platinum. The trash talking is literally in every single game. And trash talking is a euphemism for the sort of verbal abuse I wouldn’t want to see in a bar room brawl. Just ridiculous rants. I block and/or report someone in most games I play.

I have a special PvP chat tab with say and map turned off, and it’s usually even better to play with team chat off and that really defeats the purpose of playing a team game where you often want to communicate. Which is why I’m done with seasons, no point trying to relax after a hard day to someone spending more time typing vulgar insults to every player on the map than he spends actually trying to play a fun game with us. The PvP community gets worse every season. This one is the worst yet because you can’t just grind your way to legend and people lose their kitty minds over that.