Ranks. Why bother anyway?

in PvP

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Okay small complain about patch. Ranks stayed and that is awesome, but as they are now, you should just asweel remove them and give us the finishers.
Why should I care for ranks now if at the end I can’t see/show the rank. Why bother get rank 80 if I can’t show it unless I do /rank? Because I don’t care that much about that finisher since I use one from the gem store and personally I think Shark and Phoenix are better.

As I mentioned, if ranks can’t be shown naturaly might just as well remove them.

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Klinch.2964

Klinch.2964

Anet wanted to remove them because it is a bad system, but people cried that they wanted to keep ranks, so awesome Anet listened!

Now that Anet tweaked the rankings (for the better I feel) and people for some reason hate the dragon finisher I just wish Anet got rid of them…

I like how they don’t show ranks at the end. It makes the game feel less hostile.

in PvP

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

ranks not showing up was a bug. after all they show rank in wvw, you show your rank (unless you have some other finisher equipped) when you finish someone.

hopefully they get it fixed in the next patch.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

ranks not showing up was a bug. after all they show rank in wvw, you show your rank (unless you have some other finisher equipped) when you finish someone.

hopefully they get it fixed in the next patch.

Terrible comparison considering that they only show your rank to you enemy not to your allies. The biggest issues with rank is that sometimes the losing teams blames the low ranks.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Steve Whitley.8359

i have a r40+ acct and a (something like) r5 acct and have no problem showing either friend or foe either rank. you have good games and bad and chances are if you play a lot (esp here lately) you’re going to know the ppl you play against whether you’re r5 or 60 and if you’re good you’re good, but having the immediate score lets people know where you are right away.

plus if you’ve seen someone you haven’t seen for a while and they’ve ranked up while you were away its always a conversation piece… like.. congrats or whatever. except now… w t f? aint gonna happen cause nobody’s going to know if you’ve been grinding away or stagnating. which is what i think op was saying.

secessit viri bellatores

in PvP

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

I dont like it either

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in PvP

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

(unless you have some other finisher equipped) when you finish someone..

I’m using rabbit finisher again (while having tiger, almost bear) just to make people think they got killed by someone below r10

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in PvP

Steve Whitley.8359

i went back to the plain stake for a while between wolf and tiger because i was tired of seeing the wolf and it seemed like i’d never get to 40, now w/ the influx of non pvp ppl i think its pretty apparent who’s new and who’s not even if you switch finishers, tho i think the scoreboard helps. all i’m saying.

secessit viri bellatores

in PvP

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

I love the ranks and I love the finishers, Its the only reason why I do pvp, tho Im a low rank (40) but I still like them.

I want to get Dragon rank some day (I just do a couple solo ques a day). But over all i think pvp has improved alot and I see no reason to Remove ranks/finishers.

Ranks are a goal, but not the only goal.

Im fine with not showing Rank for Tpvp but Spvp wish it was still there.

SAB or RIOT