Ranks don't matter

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: Maximka.4128

Maximka.4128

Solo Q. Look at ranks, pretty close i would say, no one was afk, so stop crying please, half of the threads here is just crying. L2P home skillets.

Attachments:

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Wait until you get stuck with a Rsnk1 that just join without knowing what they are getting into. Sometimes its worst than an AFK player cuz they give free points and die rallying the enemy =]

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

Two necros beat one necro. Whats your point?

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

there was i with 0 points. lol

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

You sure this is soloQ?..solo gives 150 rank points for win..your screen shows 202? This screen taken after tally I’m taking?

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

sorry, bro, but we can easily tell this is a hotjoin, not SoloQ.
Your Win Bonus says 32, which is 20% of the glory for wins in hotjoin and not the 150 one gets from winning SoloQ

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

alcopaul.2156

it’s solo queue. i can attest to the Screen shot.

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

it’s solo queue. i can attest to the Screen shot.

ah wait, I’m getting it. The 150 points for won matches are from the Match Win Chest you open after you return to the Mists. Apologies for misunderstanding :P

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Yeah we all know that the matchmaking system is great,

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

whats your point. lv40 to 50 takes more time then 1 to 30+
more necros and they have mesmer and ele

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Rank is important.. For my peen.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Rank isn’t important the only thing you can really say is those players did not know they could go out the other side of the base.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Rank doesnt necessarily matter and the matchmaking system is hampered by the limited ammount of players available to match against you at any given time. The game does not wait a long before putting you in with the best available fit and that fit could be people a lot lower rating wise. Now if people want to say they are willing to wait a lot longer to guarantee more competitive matches that is fine but to ignore the elepant in the room, which is how unpopular spvp is, is ridiculous to act like A-net could just jigger there match making today without increasing queues significant and fix everything is ludicrous.

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

random question: what is that green checkmark on scoreboard about? stimes ive seen multiple

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

random question: what is that green checkmark on scoreboard about? stimes ive seen multiple

That’s the ready button. If you press it you get a green check.

Pro tip, if everyone presses ready the game will start (both teams) instead of waiting 3 minutes.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

eh. if anything, rank just shows how long someone has been playing. doesnt show skill so much, but at least gives an idea as to how well they may (or may not) know what they’re doing.

though i would say that there should be something that only groups you with people in your rank range. its not a complete indicator of skill, but at least it could be used for something.

thugged out since cubscouts

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

People keep telling me that “rank doesn’t matter”, but then when it comes around to it they decline my team applications because I’m somewhat low-ranked (r31 right now).

Although admittedly I was playing really badly in general my last application. I dunno if I was just nervous or what, I just kinda stopped caring after a bit.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Some people farm skyhammer custom arena now just by aoeing each other and falling off the world, over and over again for maximum points…gg @ gw2/anet.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

People keep telling me that “rank doesn’t matter”, but then when it comes around to it they decline my team applications because I’m somewhat low-ranked (r31 right now).

Although admittedly I was playing really badly in general my last application. I dunno if I was just nervous or what, I just kinda stopped caring after a bit.

So you played poorly for a team tryout… and your claiming they didnt pick you just because your rank 31. Right….

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

Solo Q. Look at ranks, pretty close i would say, no one was afk, so stop crying please, half of the threads here is just crying. L2P home skillets.

Given that most of them had 0 score, either the entire team was disconnected or they were afk. Yet you claim this is proof that rank doesn’t matter. Go troll somewhere else.

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Given that most of them had 0 score, either the entire team was disconnected or they were afk. Yet you claim this is proof that rank doesn’t matter. Go troll somewhere else.

Just because you score 0 doesnt mean you were disconnected or AFK. 1-3-1 push on Forest. Far push wins 1v1 and caps, win 3v4 at mid point. Spawn camp. You can even tell this is what happened since one team has 100+ points for each player. If all 5 were AFK the max points each player could have gotten in that specific match is 30 or 40 (cap home, cap mid, decap/cap far) so obviously people were playing and dying.

Some people are truly Hotjoin Hero players and will get dominated in a 5v5 strategic match where they cant zerg to win and their own skill becomes important.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

alcopaul.2156

I checked OP’s leaderboard rank. and he’s no where to be found. Solo Queue or Team Queue

Rank 41 hotjoin in the house?

OP, it’s just a fluke.

Rank matters.

(edited by alcopaul.2156)

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: Maximka.4128

Maximka.4128

I checked OP’s leaderboard rank. and he’s no where to be found. Solo Queue or Team Queue

Rank 41 hotjoin in the house?

OP, it’s just a fluke.

Rank matters.

Really?

Attachments:

(edited by Maximka.4128)

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

alcopaul.2156

my bad brah. i temporarily added you on my flist to snoop your rank but it didnt show up. i was lazy to scan the leaderboards manually.

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Rank does matter up to something like level 30 perhaps. It is the time when you get experience. Even a very skilled player who barely started to play and is now on level 5 will have a very hard time vs people with 35 who knows already how the game works. So yeah, low level is something that matters. Past that? IMO r40 and r50 are going against each other with equal chances. Skill and class balance will decide in this case, not rank.

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

So you played poorly for a team tryout… and your claiming they didnt pick you just because your rank 31. Right….

It was just one of the justifications that they used. I felt that the team leader was fairly rude in his conduct of the whole ordeal and so I really didn’t want to join the team after some of the comments he made.

Now please, shut up and don’t talk about things that you don’t know about.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Ranks don't matter

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

“Ranks do not matter”, and more news at 11.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock