Ranks hidden in spectator mode

in PvP

Posted by: byku.3452

byku.3452

After last patch we are no longer able to see other players’ ranks after finished match. We could have seen them however when spectating, for example in 1vs1 arenas. Now this option is gone too. Anyone else feeling that people who are high-ranked should get an option to boast a little bit? (except for titles and finishers of course)

Rucolan | Gimme Your Cookies

in PvP

Posted by: hip.8435

hip.8435

Why would they remove this???

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Did it stop the ‘’ppl only abuse the spectator to join the team with the higher lvls ’’’ ?

:P

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

You have titles and finishers, no one really spectates anyway.

in PvP

hip.8435

It’s official: ANet tries to find out everything I like about GW2 and remove it.

in PvP

hip.8435

Did it stop the ‘’ppl only abuse the spectator to join the team with the higher lvls ’’’ ?

I can see your point – but if you’re actually skilled, it shouldn’t matter what your rank is. (to a certain degree)

I sometimes used it to confirm if someone was slapping the kitten out of me, “Okay, their rank is high that’s why…”

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

High ranks can show off their rank via the finishers they unlock. Hiding it from spectator mode is a great thing since people used to stack teams and games would end up having scores of 500-10.

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

It was removed because people would spectate in hotjoin and join the team with the higher ranked players.

in PvP

hip.8435

If they brought back 8v8’s, it’d be harder to stack higher ranking players on one side – spectator mode or not.

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

It was removed from spectator mode to prevent Spectator’s from jumping on the team with the highest ranks.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I hate not knowing peoples levels, its frustrating. Like if someone was level 5 i could understand why the team failed. I also hate how everyone is level 80 now, imo they should never changed the grind of pvp levels. WHen you saw people with shark and phenoix finishers there was a certain amount of respect for that. They got rid of seeing levels( i dont know why) they got rid of underwater fighting (i dont know why) and they got rid of 8v 8. Alot of it doesnt make sense to me.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

And when i mean not seeing levels, i mean at the end of a match not start or middle. Its also not to be a doush and yell at new people but to understand the circumstance with new players coming in or players that have been around who arent very good. Both are ok but i still would like to know.

in PvP

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

Apparently it was a feature listed in the patch notes from 28 May 2013:

- Spectators now see their target’s rank on the HUD.

However, it was then stated by a developer in this thread that it was not an intended feature – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/please-remove-rank-from-spectator-mode/first#post4310775

Appeared to be a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing. That entire post was a bit confusing for me. Not ever seen anyone describe a feature listed in their own patch notes as an unintended design before…

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

well I us to use it to learn from more experienced players, since now I cant find them by there rank I don’t spectate anymore… there are allot of scrubs to waste my time spectating to find out if they are any good or not…

I thought that was the point of spectator mode. Now it serves only to broadcast tournaments nothing else.

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

If you can’t tell a scrub from an experienced player by merely spectating them then……..

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

I can see your point – but if you’re actually skilled, it shouldn’t matter what your rank is. (to a certain degree)

I sometimes used it to confirm if someone was slapping the kitten out of me, “Okay, their rank is high that’s why…”

I want to see the NEXT reason , why the community wants hotjoins to be removed :P

8v8 have been eliminated . Ppl will learn better to play conquest …despite they hate it …. but the soloquers still got skyhammer (so they will feel the same pain:P ) , so its ’’even’’ :P
And now ppl cant join the teams with the highest ranks .

Edit: Also ’’points’’awarded get nerfed .
(even if the the winning/loosing rewards in the future are on par = ppl will still afk , rather than playing ….
while if the rewards for loosing are nerfed tremendously , ppl will still afk with the moto : ‘’LET THE WIN SO WE CAN JOIN THE OTHER BG FASTER’‘) .
The community need to find an ’’intensive’’ for ppl to ’’play’’ … not get 40 points and then afk ……
Even if your team is loosing and 1 GUY goes for the ’’intensive’’ and not for the win … it creates a ‘’pseudo : i havent give up, we can make it ’’

I am w8ing from the next ’’reason’’ :P
I am ‘’charging my blazing gun’’ and try to minimize the ’’infractions’’ till the christmas :P

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)