Varonth.5830

Oh it is twitch again.
Even the Ad is lagging XD

http://www.youtube.com

Rant of the week - Development of PVP

in PvP

Posted by: matjazmuhic.1649

matjazmuhic.1649

To bad it was the last rant yes. He had such good points…

in PvP

Posted by: PsyOnic.3108

PsyOnic.3108

Well, it was kinda sad listening to the rant. All these constructive suggestions we made until now are probably not making a difference, as it seems. The pvp-team is just so slow to implement those ideas. I don’t blame them. If they really lack the manpower to pull this off, then there’s not much they can do either. Helseth is rough around the edges, but he seems like a cool guy. I hope he’ll still hang out in the Mists from time to time. Thank you for the rants, Helseth.

(edited by PsyOnic.3108)

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Noo !!!!
I hope after the state of the mist , he will rethink it and keep streaming in the PVPTV , for us the peasants

in PvP

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

Helseth is by far my favorite streamer. If this game would take off I could see him being famous like reckful from WoW is. Sadly he is entirely correct in his rant though; Ncsoft refuses to put the resources into pvp development. This game is mostly focused on pve and there is no denying that.

in PvP

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

please put the booth up. they were right next to each other!!!

this is the most epic ending i could have imagined. too bad its over.

in PvP

Posted by: Hyxorcisten.5786

Hyxorcisten.5786

Last one : ( : (Z

Hyxorcisten – Denial eSports [Den]

in PvP

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

Wow, just wow.

So the current brainstorm is to make spvp console friendly, ie. all random and no skill.

It figures.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

in PvP

Posted by: Somethin Green.3482

Somethin Green.3482

Bump for more ears.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

bye now, must honestly say i never really liked his stream anyway, mostly because he is so convinced about his personal opinion being the only right one.
At times it is, but mostly it’s regurgitated forum speak.

All I hear on his stream is him talking down on anyone who comes with a suggestion or idea..

So yeah, credibility wise and community wise i’d say:
" bye now, and don’t come back ya hear!" ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Exasol.2765

Exasol.2765

:(

in PvP

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

bye now, must honestly say i never really liked his stream anyway, mostly because he is so convinced about his personal opinion being the only right one.
At times it is, but mostly it’s regurgitated forum speak.

All I hear on his stream is him talking down on anyone who comes with a suggestion or idea..

So yeah, credibility wise and community wise i’d say:
" bye now, and don’t come back ya hear!" ^^

Your ’’community’’ is dying fast, if it’s not dead already..

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I agree on his points.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Your ’’community’’ is dying fast, if it’s not dead already..

Long live the community!

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

The sad part about this is that, I think it was Jon Sharp, made a comment along the lines of ‘overall the spvp population is growing, so if some players leave, oh well.’ And the fact that among those players leaving are most of the best and most competitive players in the game doesn’t seem to matter to him. He just shrugged it off like it didn’t matter and they were just leaving for personal reasons that didn’t reflect upon the game at all.

That kind of attitude is why anet doesn’t get anything done that actually matters. They have their gameplan, and they stick to it 100%, ignoring everything the community asks for, and then they make up excuses for why it’s the players’ fault they don’t like the results.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

[/quote]They have their gameplan, and they stick to it 100%, ignoring everything the community asks for, and then they make up excuses for why it’s the players’ fault they don’t like the results.[/quote]

We asked 2 classes to brought up in the meta and more build divercity , in the previous sotg .
They dont like to whack a mole , neither the community
We have to find a way to counter a thing , till the next sotg
If the competitve players havent found a way to counter it till then , they will nerf it .
If we want build divercity , some problems will show up :P

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

To Arenanet it doesn’t matter who is playing their game (rightfully), so don’t blame them for not caring when someone leaves, if statistics show that the population is growing.
We’re all customers and we’ve all bought the game.
It doesn’t really matter that the “top” players are leaving, since ArenaNet’s intention with GW2 PvP is not to support an E-Sport.
If it was, it would be possible. And this is where the transparency goes wrong.
Anet while maybe “wanting” sPvP to be competitive have realized that it will not happen without an overhaul that would either;

1. Make PvE and PvP too different. Potentially losing a lot of players (PvE’ers).
2. Require too many ressources taking into account the benefits of it.

An overhaul or a seperation is too much of a risk compared to keeping it safe, and just steadily adjusting the meta and adding new features.
In ArenaNet’s current situation the best approach would be to give PvE rewards from PvP. This would increase the PvP population drastically.
And I have a feeling we might be seeing that very soon, although in my opinion incentive is a very low priority in every competitive game. In a good game, fun/competition (including personal skill-progression) will be it’s own incentive – And yes, that is basically a fact.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

(edited by KrisHQ.4719)

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Long live the community!

The community is dead! Long live the community!

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

I’m glad he acknowledged that there is no reason to think about gw2 as an esport, not now not in 2 years.
Spvp is just a sometimes fun and decent game to play, there are a lot of steam games way more fun, atleast for me, but spvp it’s decent and can be funny, and that’s something.