Rate these builds

Rate these builds

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

First of all, i know that mostly all people here dislike pvp as it is now. Lack of balance, bruisers, condition builds and other stuff.

However, i am still looking forward into pvp. Just done leveling one character to 80 (still collecting hero points for elite specialization, but that much of hero points is just stupid), so i am thinking about leveling an alt character to not drop the game, because HOT areas are extremely boring and unfun.

They key thing of this post is this: could experienced players rate how viable my builds would be in current state of pvp? I need no suggestions and complicated answers on what is good or bad. All i need is a number: from 1 to 10 how good each of builds are.

Those builds reflect how i would like to play these classes. If that way is not viable, then give it 1. If it is viable, but not the best way to play it, then give it something between 4 and 8. If it is great build, then between 9 and 10.

Builds:

Power berserker http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAnXTn8cAldg1kCWhAkiglfA7d6Wd/uGLgAQBA52lDqBA-TZxFAB+u/gAPAAFOCAVVGAgTBAA

Healer/buffer druid http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAW8YnUqAtCi1CCusActglOB7pFEqOcO/tAwKDulWTzpD4B-TpxGAB6u/QBHEAmLDQ+DAAgLAw4HBAA

Condition reaper http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJARWjM0QrNWdD+1A7NWMHs4+XA8ASFAiA1po/VnaTB-TphBABRcBAA4BA0/+D3XGA/jAgGHCAA

Condition Tank dragonhunter http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeTl8AhigYdQwcIQTELxDGWPIJUpqCAbpBg8/LAeAB-TpxFABE8AA8d/BAOCAOVGA9TAw5HCAA

Condition Vampire thief http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQRAqY8anMJCFNhNNBePB0PhDYiiXoBxOoTgAoA8fxiOiA-TpRAQBf4gAIw9HAwDAofHBA+VGIanAAA

Condition Shooter scrapper http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqancoCFpi1XBWVBEqiF2ii+3P+kH8DLxAIcpuoXD-TJRAwAAeAABOBAlLDwc/BA

Why i would like to play these classes like that:

Power berserker: i like that he would have lots of health and do lots of damage, could easily break out of stuns and stay at the target with jums/dashes/charges.

Healer/buffer druid: i like that he would do lots of and lots of healing, buffs allies and himself with boons, do average damage trough pet and keep his team alive.

Condition reaper: chilling, bleeds, burns and all other conditions sounds like fun while also having a way to transfer all condition from himself to an enemy.

Condition Tank dragonhunter: i like idea of dealing moderate damage, moderate healing, but still have pretty good survival and support team. On paper it looks nice, because it have constant average dps, constant average healing and still should be pretty tanky.

Condition Vampire thief: mainly because of that huge life steals, stealths, range damage, blinks/teleports/shadowsteps. It looks like this build would have amazing sustain while beings very hard to get close to. Also, i like pistols.

Condition Shooter scrapper: well i like pistols and the fact that this build should be equally good against range enemies and melee enemies. It do damage at long range, but can do even more devastating damage up close.

So, how viable these are (from 1 to 10) in current state of pvp?

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

Rate these builds

in PvP

Posted by: Exos.3472

Exos.3472

Why people don’t even bother researching a little bit before posting stuping builds is beyond me.

GS condi Reaper.. really ?

Rate these builds

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Why don’t people look at traits before calling builds stupid? Chill becomes a condition.

Anyway, looking at your necro build, it’s very, very glassy and necros attract a lot of fire already. You would probably have to play it too conservatively to gain full benefit. But it could be an interesting teamfighter to duck in and out with.
That said, swapping the GS out for scepter/dagger is probably more viable, since given the glassiness of the build, engaging in melee range out of shroud is quite possibly going to get you obliterated.

Rate these builds

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

Why people answer with unhelpful stupid rhetorical questions is beyond me.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

Rate these builds

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

Why don’t people look at traits before calling builds stupid? Chill becomes a condition.

Anyway, looking at your necro build, it’s very, very glassy and necros attract a lot of fire already. You would probably have to play it too conservatively to gain full benefit. But it could be an interesting teamfighter to duck in and out with.
That said, swapping the GS out for scepter/dagger is probably more viable, since given the glassiness of the build, engaging in melee range out of shroud is quite possibly going to get you obliterated.

So, necro build isn’t very viable?
Something about 6/10?

Rate these builds

in PvP

Posted by: DeusVI.7942

DeusVI.7942

Rate these builds

in PvP

Exos.3472

Why people answer with unhelpful stupid rhetorical questions is beyond me.

They are helpful : my advice is that you should educate yourself more, go look at the current builds, understand why the meta was set and play around it to give a new perspective on their playstyle.

Your builds have 0 notions of pvp mechanics, and would just be easy targets to get by.

Have you even tested those builds ? (In ranked ? Versus what classes / types of players ? I know divisions is as indicative of skill as AP but it’s still our only indicative with pvp level).

And here I was, expecting the settler grenth reaper getting some light, but I guess it’s still too early

Rate these builds

in PvP

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

To the OP, try these builds yourself before asking for feedback. These (not trying to be rude I swear) look as if you threw darts at skills without thinking about synergy.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Rate these builds

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Condi DH isn’t very good at all. Only thing it has going for it is Symbol of Energy on LB. However, chances are enemies aren’t going to stand in it for the full duration. If you go condi on Guard you’re better off just going the standard condi Guard and ignoring DH.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Rate these builds

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

They key thing of this post is this: could experienced players rate how viable my builds would be in current state of pvp? I need no suggestions and complicated answers on what is good or bad. All i need is a number: from 1 to 10 how good each of builds are.

Yeah, not going to happen, huh? I asked several numbers to be written, but i get all kind of unwanted answers. How hard is to write a number?

Look here is example:
1) 5/10
2) 4/10
3) 7/10
and so on…

Rate these builds

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

Yeah, not going to happen, huh? I asked several numbers to be written, but i get all kind of unwanted answers. How hard is to write a number?

Look here is example:
1) 5/10
2) 4/10
3) 7/10
and so on…

K
warrior: 2/10
Druid: 4/10
Reaper: 0/10
Dragonhunter: 0/10
Thief: 0/10
I don’t know scrapper enough…
I’d mention how useless exuberance rune is and how pointless it is to give point into healing but you don’t want anything constructive

Rate these builds

in PvP

Exos.3472

Based on build premise, in a teamfight situation against current meta builds (chronobunkers, viper rev, marauder scrappers etc..) run by average to skilled players knowing their classes and able to focus fire weak targets (e.g your builds).

Objectively speaking those would be rated :

1) 0/10
2) don’t know
3) 0/10
4) 0/10
5) 0/10
6) don’t know

Reasons why they are rated such :

- Bring no utility whatsoever to the team that another better build wouldn’t in a better way.

- Being sub-par at their role is an understatement ; even pre-HoT builds would perform better than what you are suggesting.

- You would essentially be a liability to your team ; this isn’t pve instanced dungeon, one person holding you back has a big impact on team-fights, node-rotations and overall success-rate.

Now I know those are not the numbers you want to hear but hey, you did ask for them. And there’s nothing rude about telling the truth ; current pvp is extremely tied to builds and takes a significant amount of effort to perform well on a sub-par setup.

Rate these builds

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I would need to try these builds before I could give good grades but I will go for what I think.

This is just an opinion and I am far from a top player but I do love to make my own builds and I do like it when other players make their own builds instead of Meta meta meta all the time.

Power berserker ?/10
I rarely play Warrior, atleast in PvP. They are pretty bad atm and old Rampage Warrior meta seems better than Elite Specced Warrior I like your build though and if I play a warrior soon I will try this build just to see what I can do with it but I do not have much hope for it sadly.

Healer/buffer druid 6/10
Meta Druid can dish out a good amount of damage and heal themselves and partymembers, I think this one can be good if current Bunker meta is nerfed.

Condition reaper 4/10
In my opinion, blood fiend is a bad healing and as the build is not a pure MM it makes it even worse as it is to easy to focus down and there goes your only healing. Except for the chill the Greatsword do not have that many condition damage and I think that Scepter would do much better damage and can provide with another condition transfer or a daze and swiftness.

Condition Tank dragonhunter 6/10
Well I think that a power guardian is much better than a condition one, but I may be wrong. It does look like you won’t be able to keep up the burning as long as it seems that you want too and will result in a pretty big DPS loss. Also to be able to withstand damage you also need skills to cleance conditions. Blocks do remove conditions, maby go for Focus instead of shield? But is that enough? Shelter instead of Recieve the light?

Condition Vampire thief 1/10
Sorry I am not good with thiefs but played some with them. In PvP lifesteal for thief is not very good I think. When I hit a thief they loose most of their HP and with the current meta with some many skills with reveal I think a thief without DD spec is a dead thief. I have an OK DD condition spec that specializes on Poison with 2xDagger deathblossom and dodge with trait Lotus training and more.

Condition Shooter scrapper 6/10
A good idea in my opinion but I think it will die pretty easy even though you got a few defencive skills. Turret will be broken in a few hits and won’t give enough conditions as hit has quite low range. Against a Tempest you will stand zero chance. Hmm…

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Rate these builds

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

I would need to try these builds before I could give good grades but I will go for what I think.

This is just an opinion and I am far from a top player but I do love to make my own builds and I do like it when other players make their own builds instead of Meta meta meta all the time.

Power berserker ?/10
I rarely play Warrior, atleast in PvP. They are pretty bad atm and old Rampage Warrior meta seems better than Elite Specced Warrior I like your build though and if I play a warrior soon I will try this build just to see what I can do with it but I do not have much hope for it sadly.

Healer/buffer druid 6/10
Meta Druid can dish out a good amount of damage and heal themselves and partymembers, I think this one can be good if current Bunker meta is nerfed.

Condition reaper 4/10
In my opinion, blood fiend is a bad healing and as the build is not a pure MM it makes it even worse as it is to easy to focus down and there goes your only healing. Except for the chill the Greatsword do not have that many condition damage and I think that Scepter would do much better damage and can provide with another condition transfer or a daze and swiftness.

Condition Tank dragonhunter 6/10
Well I think that a power guardian is much better than a condition one, but I may be wrong. It does look like you won’t be able to keep up the burning as long as it seems that you want too and will result in a pretty big DPS loss. Also to be able to withstand damage you also need skills to cleance conditions. Blocks do remove conditions, maby go for Focus instead of shield? But is that enough? Shelter instead of Recieve the light?

Condition Vampire thief 1/10
Sorry I am not good with thiefs but played some with them. In PvP lifesteal for thief is not very good I think. When I hit a thief they loose most of their HP and with the current meta with some many skills with reveal I think a thief without DD spec is a dead thief. I have an OK DD condition spec that specializes on Poison with 2xDagger deathblossom and dodge with trait Lotus training and more.

Condition Shooter scrapper 6/10
A good idea in my opinion but I think it will die pretty easy even though you got a few defencive skills. Turret will be broken in a few hits and won’t give enough conditions as hit has quite low range. Against a Tempest you will stand zero chance. Hmm…

Thanks for a real reply.

Rate these builds

in PvP

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

All of them are terrible.

djasf;af

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Rate these builds

in PvP

Exos.3472

This seems apropriate.

OP : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77GGn-E607E

Rate these builds

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

Rate these builds

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Reaper 2/10

I don’t know about other classes but the Reaper build will not work.
The concept isn’t bad. Sinister to combine the power of the GS and the send-back ability of the necromancer, but all the utilityes are wrong and/or bad for your build.

The GS don’t grant you any condition damage or condi transfer, only a direct damage easy to avoid and a bad CC. Gravedigger is the worst skill ever for spvp. Easy to avoid or block. And I think you inverted staff and GS sigils why the only way to make gravedigger lesser worst is obtain quickness with the sigil that give you it when you swap, also the chill on swap help you to land the hit. Anyway you will hit only in a mid fight against players that don’t look at you.

And about your condition damage… How will you do it? A single boon corruption on RS2 is not enough, the same for Dhuumfire and RS4. Out of RS you will not deal condition damage. You will do that only against other condition classes hoping they have more than 2 skills to clean your sent-back conditions (by staff 4 and the passive trait, that also don’t send them back in the right moment why sent them immediatly, making you unable to charge conditions on you before land the “burst” back).

The heal is bad. Expecially for a melee oriented class.
The same for the Elite, unless you want to use the Sunless runes, that inflicts fear AoE every 45 sec when you active a elite (the golem have can do the charge every 40 sec).

Blood is Power give you 8 might, really good, but you can do Better in 2 seconds of RS AA spam if hit a enemy with chill (expecially if under 50% hp) and give only 2 stack of bleed, really poor.
Spectral Grasp can be good only if you’re shure at 100% that you can sustain a Melee fight against someone. You’ve not a single defensive skill and to active a skill like that you must be shure to have 70% or more of LF, Rs ready and a enemy that don’t flee, don’t have stability and don’t burst you out of RS in a second (a thing really easy to do if you use the Sinister Amulet). It can be good only to grab a enemy and pull to your team area, killing it with your teammates.
The wurm is the only defence you have and all the other skills put you more in danger than help you. It’s good, if you know how to use it, nothing to say. But it will not save you enough if you don’t have other defences.

Sigils ok, if you swap staff and GS sigils.

Runes… meh… I can purpose you Aristocracy to help you stack might, increasing both your direct and condition damage.
But, yes, they match the dps oriented style of the build.

Traits:
-Soul Reaping is ok.
-Reaper is ok.
-Course is bad. It’s sad to say but the best way to deal condition damage in sPvP is to avoid the Condition traitline and use Spite. Might stack, boon remove, vulnerabiliity spam, 20% direct damage against a enemy under 50%hp (or even better the Signet trait). i tried and it’s true: Spite give you more condition damage and better skills to deal condition damage than Course.
Course give you a condi transfer and another good boon corruption skill, that’s true, but (expecially with your build) the elite that heal you for 10% of condition damage dealt is not enough to keep you alive. Not like remove or corrupt the enemy boons with signets. The corrupted boons will give you condition damage and might, you will obtain might while AA in RS and while hitting a enemy under 50%hp (and that’s a lot of might), grant you the chance to spam Vulnerability (expecially with the combo RS5
RS4, that make you spam it up to 20-25 stacks) and will deal damage to the enemy removing they’re boons. That will grant you a insane amount of bonus damage, both in direct and condition damage.

Rate these builds

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Druid: 1
Dragon hunter: 1

1. Do more research.
2. Improve your methodology.
3. It’s difficult to discern what play style you are interested in based on the builds alone.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

(edited by Archon.6480)

Rate these builds

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

I don’t get it, why do you want your builds rated?

Rate these builds

in PvP

Exos.3472

Reaper 2/10

I don’t know about other classes but the Reaper build will not work.
The concept isn’t bad. Sinister to combine the power of the GS and the send-back ability of the necromancer, but all the utilityes are wrong and/or bad for your build.

The GS don’t grant you any condition damage or condi transfer, only a direct damage easy to avoid and a bad CC. Gravedigger is the worst skill ever for spvp. Easy to avoid or block. And I think you inverted staff and GS sigils why the only way to make gravedigger lesser worst is obtain quickness with the sigil that give you it when you swap, also the chill on swap help you to land the hit. Anyway you will hit only in a mid fight against players that don’t look at you.

And about your condition damage… How will you do it? A single boon corruption on RS2 is not enough, the same for Dhuumfire and RS4. Out of RS you will not deal condition damage. You will do that only against other condition classes hoping they have more than 2 skills to clean your sent-back conditions (by staff 4 and the passive trait, that also don’t send them back in the right moment why sent them immediatly, making you unable to charge conditions on you before land the “burst” back).

The heal is bad. Expecially for a melee oriented class.
The same for the Elite, unless you want to use the Sunless runes, that inflicts fear AoE every 45 sec when you active a elite (the golem have can do the charge every 40 sec).

Blood is Power give you 8 might, really good, but you can do Better in 2 seconds of RS AA spam if hit a enemy with chill (expecially if under 50% hp) and give only 2 stack of bleed, really poor.
Spectral Grasp can be good only if you’re shure at 100% that you can sustain a Melee fight against someone. You’ve not a single defensive skill and to active a skill like that you must be shure to have 70% or more of LF, Rs ready and a enemy that don’t flee, don’t have stability and don’t burst you out of RS in a second (a thing really easy to do if you use the Sinister Amulet). It can be good only to grab a enemy and pull to your team area, killing it with your teammates.
The wurm is the only defence you have and all the other skills put you more in danger than help you. It’s good, if you know how to use it, nothing to say. But it will not save you enough if you don’t have other defences.

Sigils ok, if you swap staff and GS sigils.

Runes… meh… I can purpose you Aristocracy to help you stack might, increasing both your direct and condition damage.
But, yes, they match the dps oriented style of the build.

Traits:
-Soul Reaping is ok.
-Reaper is ok.
-Course is bad. It’s sad to say but the best way to deal condition damage in sPvP is to avoid the Condition traitline and use Spite. Might stack, boon remove, vulnerabiliity spam, 20% direct damage against a enemy under 50%hp (or even better the Signet trait). i tried and it’s true: Spite give you more condition damage and better skills to deal condition damage than Course.
Course give you a condi transfer and another good boon corruption skill, that’s true, but (expecially with your build) the elite that heal you for 10% of condition damage dealt is not enough to keep you alive. Not like remove or corrupt the enemy boons with signets. The corrupted boons will give you condition damage and might, you will obtain might while AA in RS and while hitting a enemy under 50%hp (and that’s a lot of might), grant you the chance to spam Vulnerability (expecially with the combo RS5
RS4, that make you spam it up to 20-25 stacks) and will deal damage to the enemy removing they’re boons. That will grant you a insane amount of bonus damage, both in direct and condition damage.

I’ll argue that curses is a good traitline for duelling, since the sustain from perma weakness isn’t really noticed in teamfights (spam conditions and cleanses bypasses that) and the auto calamity signet has more impact too.

Some necromancers even use the traitline for a corruption build (poison cloud + Corrupt Boon) since -33% is really good. Personnaly I find it hard to forgo calamity signet in any way.

Aristocracy Runes is more for a pve build (even so its questionable) ; I think necromancers shouldn’t focus so much on might duration due to how easily they can stack it (Spite / Reaper traitline). I’m more of a nightmare runes for the auto-proc fear and condi duration ; but if you’re going settler amulet grenth runes or undead are worth a look at.

Honestly I don’t play much more reaper anymore due to the hard focus I constantly get + hard CC thrown everywhere. Too used to the previous meta where I could rush in as a cele signet necro and sustain myself rather well.

What are you running nowdays ?

Rate these builds

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

0-2-6-1-0-1 (personal opinion – personal opinions vary from person to person)

If you really want your build rated properly, make a build, use it in PvP and get your verdict there.

If you’re bad, your team mates will complain, if the build is useful, then nothing will be said at all. Just like at work, you know you’re doing the job right if no one says anything.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Rate these builds

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

0-2-6-1-0-1 (personal opinion – personal opinions vary from person to person)

If you really want your build rated properly, make a build, use it in PvP and get your verdict there.

If you’re bad, your team mates will complain, if the build is useful, then nothing will be said at all. Just like at work, you know you’re doing the job right if no one says anything.

The problem is that his builds shows clearly that he didn’t fully graspped class’s mechanics and synergies yet… I mean condi reaper with a Greatsword… and I’ve never seen rune of exuberance used simply because it’s bad

No offense OP, but you need to learn a few things before theorycrafting… Anet may have promised build diversity, but the results are sadly not there and there’s actually very few diversity as far as PvP is concerned