Rating +/- is so demoralizing

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Getting around +4 for a win and -20 for a loss is just crushing, demoralizing and removes all and any incentive to even queue. when you have to work exponentially harder to even come out even in rating, that to me sounds like a problem.

An example:

My last 9 matches:

Total Rating gain: 40 ( +9, +4, +4, +9, +6, +8)

Total Rating loss: 52 (-16,-17-19)

Win/Loss: 6-3

So all in all, 60% winrate, total rating change of -12

The losses, as well, were all REALLY close games (433-500, 495-501, 459-500) which makes the rating loss feel even worse.

Their algorithm of combining ratings from all teammates in mainly randomly chosen teams is abhorrent, and does nothing but punish players who solo, and barely gives any control for those who duo.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Mutaatti.2789

Mutaatti.2789

Dont queue at nights. I dropped from plat to gold because I got paired with silver and bronze players. I got +3 for win and lost -22 for loss!! Hilarious.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

this happens to me even during NA prime hours. i just log off and try next day. the MM is giving you easy wins, but if u unable to carry 1 silver guy it heavily punishes u.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Uncle Dalty.8327

Uncle Dalty.8327

Just carry harder…. Obviously, It’s so easy to carry 3 scrublings against the #1, #3 and #5 ranked players… cause if you don’t -23 for you.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

You’re not being punished, you’re being rated as someone who can’t carry silvers because that’s what you are.

in PvP

Posted by: Uncle Dalty.8327

Uncle Dalty.8327

So Just played a game and lost 500 to 0 with -15…. NEVER do I gain 15… even with a win against the #1 and #3 guys on the same team I only gained like 6. Not that I care at this point but OPs got a point

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

It’s cuz the game is dead and nobody plays it anymore

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

You should coordinate and queue at the same time as the top players. That way you should be getting roughly the same amount of points for a win and a loss. Also, anet should tighten up the range of possible players, unfortunately that will increase queue times. Twice I’ve been on a team with top 5 players and I’m bouncing between low gold and high silver.

in PvP

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

You’re not being punished, you’re being rated as someone who can’t carry silvers because that’s what you are.

Pretty much what he said, if you can’t get more than 60% wr you are where you belong in the system. Imagine if you climbed with 60% wr that would be crazy

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Pretty much what he said, if you can’t get more than 60% wr you are where you belong in the system. Imagine if you climbed with 60% wr that would be crazy

The issue is they ran out of people to play that are better, so they will have to carry a win % much higher than 60%. Combine that with the fact that top tier players can get matches with silvers on their team, I can see why it is frustrating.

in PvP

Posted by: Kron.6938

Kron.6938

The issue is they ran out of people to play that are better, so they will have to carry a win % much higher than 60%. Combine that with the fact that top tier players can get matches with silvers on their team, I can see why it is frustrating.

You have to love the new match making point system once the population drops during the season. Yes seeing low points on carrying a win to large number losses because you can’t carry a team does make the game mode not playable, let alone try to be fun.

Kron [TEST]

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

yeah i played about 10 games yesterday won 7 lost 3 rating change was -12 it was pretty deflating….

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

This rating loss is breaking my mind Q_Q

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

And this is the main reason i just play 1 ranked game, and don’t touch it for the rest of the day, loss of win, i jsut play nowadays for keep my plat rank and not lose rating by absence.

At the beginning when i was at gold rank, i played as many games as i wanted, because i was getting queued with other gold players aswell, now that i reached plat, the loss ratio is so punishing that i had to start to play pve in order to win gold…

1 game per day, or lose my plat rank, no other choice…

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

(edited by Ivantreil.3092)