Readd the personal contrib noloss pip

in PvP

Posted by: Madman.6912

Madman.6912

There has been a lot of matchmaking threads and ehenever I commented I generally have praised the current system to be better than the S2 model, and I still think it is… There are just 2 bits that are a pain, one is class stacking, the other one is that even though S1 style MM is back, Anet didnt revert to this with the feature of counting personal effort to not lose a pip in a lost game… I think this is a huge mistake, becuase it gives you nothing to fight for when you are in a lost game, it is kinda soul destroying, literally I am topping the board by a considerable margin in 90% of the games I lose, and it has been very frustrating and makes me want to give up halfway in the game by which time we are hopelessly behind… (with like 150 pts and not a single teamfight won…)
Does anyone know why this feature didnt get “restored” with the S1 style MM? I dont actually remember but ppl say it was there back in S1.

(edited by Madman.6912)

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Wow.

The definition of “wall of text”.

I found it.

in PvP

Posted by: afrocrusade.4253

afrocrusade.4253

Yeah.

Lol. It’s bad and dumb. Being 100% accountable to someone else (especially the shortbus riders of GW2) is just too much.

in PvP

Posted by: Ocosh.5843

Ocosh.5843

I could be mistaken, but I do not recall personal contribution being counted in S1. Rather, the system in S1 was set up so that pip gain/loss was weighted by expected outcome. Thus if a team that the matchmaking system expected to lose badly managed to keep the score close, the participants on that team would not lose a pip (or could even gain one).

Personal scores on the scoreboard do not accurately reflect individual contribution to the match’s outcome. While it may be reasonably suggested that when your personal score is equal to or greater than all your teammates combined, you probably did more to help, even in a loss, making that part of the system would probably encourage people to make bad decisions in order to inflate personal score.

In short, the individual was not graded separately from the team, and adding in such a system with the current scoring would probably backfire.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i would like season 2 and season 3 MM with season 1 pip system.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Wow.

The definition of “wall of text”.

I found it.

It’s not really a wall of text. It’s just a run on sentence.

in PvP

Posted by: Madman.6912

Madman.6912

Rather, the system in S1 was set up so that pip gain/loss was weighted by expected outcome.

hmm, ok, I only played s1 for a short time, then played s2 heavily and got frustrated with the match quality being total stompfests, so I skipped s3 completely and only came back for s4.
I keep reading a lot of different things about it, but what you say makes more sense, also I do understand that there is no perfect metric for individual contribution, but let me ask you one thing, if these points dont mean anything why are they in the game?

Then remove them altogether and be done with it. Why are they showing us meaningless things?

Or if you are afraid that ppl try to inflate their score, then dont show us the score until the end of the game, so nobody will know where they or the others are so no target to shoot for. also ppl usualy bring up double caps as en exploit of the score, easy solution, make it not per person, make it per capture point, if 2 ppl capping then they share the points and only get half, etc….

(edited by Madman.6912)