Reading patch notes, is this a typo?

in PvP

Posted by: Deus Fatorum.2473

Deus Fatorum.2473

“Reduced capture point size on waterfall”

If I am not mistaken waterfall is the home point for blue team, by making it smaller doesn’t it give 1 team an unfair advantage? For example if red is a team with lots of cleave they will have a huge advantage over blue, as they have more room to kite on their home point, and will be able to assault blue with ease.

I know it is a small advantage, but why would you change that in the first place?

However if they meant graveyard I could completely understand it, as the mid point is equally accessible by both teams and is rather large for a contest point.

Maybe I am missing something, but I assume they meant graveyard??

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

maybe they reduced it so that players cannot hide near the edge of the waterfall (to contest it) anymore ?

in PvP

Posted by: moobs.5862

moobs.5862

waterfall had spots where you could basically be out of line of sight from the rest of the node while still holding the cap. It was unbalanced from quarry which didn’t allow you to do this, so this is a good change.

NL m0bz

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

They didn’t like players using positioning to counter certain builds

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

It was honestly stupid how heavily you could kite with the right builds. Warrior and Ele were the worst offenders by a long way in S3. I’ve been on both sides of this one, I think I once pulled a 1v3 continually contested on my ele for about 2-3 minutes by abusing the pool-side edges to break pressure, and plenty where I was the one getting frustrated as another “Obstructed” comes up. This just simply wasn’t possible to the same extent on forge point.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

You can still, just not holding the point, which is fair

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Deus Fatorum.2473

Deus Fatorum.2473

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you for clarifying.