Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Elementalists??

Ready Up: Ep 2 - Friday at 12PM PST

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Lyssa Runes

• are they being looked at? They are currently far superior to any other runeset.

New Game Modes

• Previously the developers at ArenaNet were complaining that balancing between 3 different game types – PvP, WvW and PVE was very challenging and separating skills would make the job even more challenging.
  • If you are adding a new PvP game mode, you’re essentially creating a 4th game type. Given that balancing 3 game types was too hard, what additional sacrifices will we see with the introduction of a 4th?

in PvP

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

Dear developers,

You mush have noticed so far all the anger that is coming from Necromancer sub-forum. We all are totally kitten ed of with sPvP changes you made this December 10th.

If you have already seen all player requests and posts from necromancer sub-forums then you might have some basic idea why are we making so huge rage.

In both cases, I strongly recommend you the following video:

It is made only for developers with purpose they can understand why most of us are angry and why most of think to stop playing GW2. Don’t worry, video doesn’t contain any speech of hate.

I was most honest at this post and I am posting here as reply with hope that this might change something and bring old playstyle back.

Best wishes and happy wintersday,

Stefan

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

in PvP

Posted by: Viprek.6730

Viprek.6730

Why doesn’t endure pain prevent point capture? “protect me” shout on ranger does. Invuln on guardian does. Stealth does. Stupid.

…..your still susceptible to conditions that’s why,

“protect me!” makes your pet a meat shield basically,
“renewed focus” makes you invulnerable for 4 seconds (correct me if I am wrong with the duration)
Stealth well.. obviously, YOU CAN’T SEE EM! so it wouldn’t be right to let it slide,

Mist form wants a word with you…

-Seikir

in PvP

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Renewed focus is 2 second, 3 if traited.

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

• remove skyhammer or at least remove glass and weaken hammer?
  • what do you think of the current state of eles?
  • new game-modes?
  • report-system f or afkers, 4/5?
Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

What happened to Justin’s backspace key that Evan swallowed?

Did he eventually pass it? If so, did he put it back on Justin’s keyboard?

Was it really the backspace key, or just some kittenty piece of corn?

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

AFK detection yes! Shouldn’t be too hard to implement. It could be worked into the idle timer that is always active, and a reduced timeout value if you’re in a PVP match. Being kicked from the match would be the same as deserting, where 3 = ban.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: overtrack.7159

overtrack.7159

Please, add the ability to save/load the traits. You know, like in GW1.

in PvP

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Do you have any plans or comments about the Necromancer- which was supposed to be the main attrition class in the game- having the worst sustain options but one of the highest burst possibilities?

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Do you have any plans or comments about the Necromancer- which was supposed to be the main attrition class in the game- having the worst sustain options but one of the highest burst possibilities?

This is one of the changes for next year I want to see the most. I’d actually really love to play necro if it wasn’t for the fact that they’ve become the cheesiest class in the game.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

I predict a string of messages during the livestream that will include " All is vain"
I hope one of the devs says it out loud!Embrace the humour!

in PvP

Posted by: pza.8024

pza.8024

what’s your attitude towards splitting up skills into pve/wvw versions like it happened alot in gw1? Just changing numbers would help balance alot and open up alot of builds. mechanics could stay.

in PvP

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

This is one of the changes for next year I want to see the most. I’d actually really love to play necro if it wasn’t for the fact that they’ve become the cheesiest class in the game.

Cheesier than the “we can do anything and everything better than everyone else – easy Mode” Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

What direction is the elementalist class going in Tpvp?
Any plans of adding more risk to warrior gameplay, while having good reward for good warrior players?

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: Kline.9561

Kline.9561

-Screen clutter
-tiny asuran and human female models
-particle effects and AI clutter (petting zoo)
when will these things be fixed?

And before says my build doesn’t work, when Ele’s get nerfed it will be -Schwahrheit

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

Please put the video up on youtube for those of us behind twitchless firewalls – thanks

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

are there any plans on bringing back the ‘old’ tournament idea (with tickets and qualifier points) like automated tournaments or something like that?

short: any plans on “expanding” the tournament system?

thank you

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Well that was disappointing :/

Oh well, I hope we see a balance stream anytime soon, like the old SoTG, things I would like to see:

-Elementalists and how do you plan to bring them up to par with other classes in terms of survival.

-Warriors, how to you plan to bring them down to line with everyone else.

-Necros, how do you plan to stop the mindless but too effective condition spam

-Thieves, how do you plan to bring them up to par with other and nerf backstab

feel free to add your own questions.

EDIT On a side note, loved the stream, very funny, enjoy the holidays and THANK YOU for such an amazing game, despite everything Im having incredible fun! Enjoy the holidays, you definitely deserve it.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Can we have a stream with the Skills and Balance Team. Whenever the subject Balance is brought up on the stream’s chat the developer’s answer saying that is S&B team area of expertise.

So instead of having the S&B team as a permanent behind-the-scenes team can we hear what they have to say or what arguments they present for a possible healthy balance discussion?

This would only help the game even more.

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

All is vain .
The answer to all the problems with pvp is more rewards, yea, more kitten for playing. But i’m a pvp player i don’t care sbout rewards. It’s not for you dude, is to trick the pve players to come to pvp.
And the QA was hilarious.

in PvP

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Make it so number 1!!!!!!!
Happy holidays!

All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

Ok, now I know what kind of people developes this game…

#Allisvain

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in PvP

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

not a single word about balance.
If you’re not going to talk about balance, at least put in a few words saying that balance discussion is coming later or whatever, instead of just blowing everyone off like that.

sigh

in PvP

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Well, Josh did say they were going to have devs from the Skills and Balance Team on their next stream in early January.

But a dedicated S&B stream would be great, with its own Q&A session.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in PvP

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

Well, if they talked about balance without going indepth on ele there would have been an uproar^^ And mentioning ele is not an option due to obvious reasons.

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

NO balance discussion, great.
#allisvain

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

#Allisvain

Hopefully next stream will be better, I was looking forward to this too..

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Django.5923

Django.5923

my toughts;

“yay they will answer! Ok 50% of all the posts are about ele! Now they have to say something!”,

Their answer:

“We are not balance team, we know nothing about balance, we think ele is ok”

in PvP

Kline.9561

That Spvp stream you guys had

Don’t bother

unless your going to cover more information about Spvp.
if that was a buddy buddy come hang out lets talk about things we already know ….that’s fine and I’m ok with that. But if I had known there would hardly be any Q&A tackled and no REAL issues covered or balance even mentioned, I would of never even bothered with watching the stream to begin with.

next time guys try to divide your subjects out into different streams rather than covering all bases. I would highly recommend having a stream with nothing but forum Q&A in mind, when the stream starts you guys explain who you are what you do and then just jump straight into the questions you and the community feel are the most important, reading one off after another. No filibusterer no reminiscing, just straight information.

the star trek meme was a good one though

And before says my build doesn’t work, when Ele’s get nerfed it will be -Schwahrheit

(edited by Kline.9561)

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

The player base doesn’t differentiate between the PvP team and the balance team. To us, it’s all just “PvP”.

I’d suggest ArenaNet please refrain from a PvP ready-up that does not include the balance team.

Josh, I’m scratching my head on this. As someone who hosted those “State of the Game” streams, you know that players are just as, if not moreso, interested in balance changes than rewards.

Why would you put together a PvP developer stream without the people in the room who can speak to balance? I mean, if those guys went on Christmas break, that’s cool – I just would have preferred you postponed the stream until they came back.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Let’s keep discussion about Ready Up to one thread. Merged similar topics.

I’ll start responding to posts in a few minutes.

in PvP

Posted by: Kugron.5128

Kugron.5128

You didn’t answer the one question that’s been repeatedly asked since the last ready up show. What is going to be done about the people that farmed skyhammer? Rollbacks? Retroactive tournament compensation? Anything? Or should we just go ahead and take advantage of the next exploit that gets discovered because what the hell….it’s only pvp, we won’t get punished?

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

The jokes are totally great in creating a sense of community and friendly learning environment on the stream. Enough with the over-serious professionalism that brings nothing new to the table.

Good innovation devs, keep up the good work.

in PvP

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Well, Josh did say they were going to have devs from the Skills and Balance Team on their next stream in early January.

But a dedicated S&B stream would be great, with its own Q&A session.

The Skills and Balance team will be on the show sometime next month. I mentioned this during the show a few times. While John C works almost exclusively on the PvP “infrastructure”, my job as Community Coordinator allows me to be a bit more flexible. Starting next year, I’ll be embedded with the PvP team as well as the Skills and Balance team, essentially acting as the liaison between those teams and our community. This is a role I’ve a bit of experience in.

I spend an inordinate amount of time collecting feedback from players, be it on the forums, in-game, or in a teamspeak/ventrilo. When we come back from vacation we’ll jump right into things once again and let you know what’s coming.

in PvP

Kline.9561

Let’s keep discussion about Ready Up to one thread. Merged similar topics.

josh I remember the first time seeing you in the state of the game streams and what you do for our small community is outstanding, you bring the voices of the people who play spvp to the people in charge of its design and direction.

but you have to understand as human beings we can be fairly calculative creatures. With all the automated responses and PR aside, SPVP has been in a bad place for over a year now and even you cannot deny that, so its no surprise if people are desperate for any information that will make the mists better. as it stands people are fairly concerned with balance and rightly so because the game is still plagued with apex classes (warrior) and poor mechanics (condi spam).

what I think players want most at the moment is some 1v1 time with the balance team.

also what character from star trek are you grouch?

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

That sounds good. Please keep in mind these two teams are part of what the typical player refers to as “PvP”. There aren’t separate “PvP infrastructure” and “Skills and Balance” subforums, just one: structured PvP

in PvP

Posted by: mysticsicness.7598

mysticsicness.7598

You guys have done a decent job for Elementalists in PVE, but in PVP we are terrible atm. I feel as though Ele is one of the most fun professions to play, but not when we are torn apart so easily.
A class that requires a high skill cap should be rewarding when played correctly, but played at the highest level we are only on par with some of the other weaker professions.

The slight “buffs” provided to the class so far has been extremely underwhelming.

in PvP

Posted by: Ulalume.9584

Ulalume.9584

To summarize: the pvp playerbase has doubled, pvp exclusive skins will come next wave, we get wintersday gifts for tourny wins and the community was officially asked to be nice to newbies.

Sounds all good to me.

John is doing a lovely job as a public speaker and presents his points in a very warm and likable manner. Anyone can see how passionate you guys are about pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

John is doing a lovely job as a public speaker and presents his points in a very warm and likable manner. Anyone can see how passionate you guys are about pvp.

Agree. Keep up the great work John and Josh.

All is vain.

in PvP

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Oh, as a side note, if you haven’t caught the forum post announcing it, next year we’ll be opening up a new Profession Balance sub-forum for the entire game. The Balance team and myself will be a constant presence in the new forum. It will be A LOT easier for us to engage in balance discussion when we don’t keep everything in a vacuum (profession forums).

You can check out the announcement here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates/first

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

It’s good to hear balance will be up for discussion next stream.
I for one really would like to know more in dept idea’s on how a profession is meant to be played in accordance to it’s theme in pvp.
Maybe showcase a build to go with each profession that is solid in pvp but doesn’t give away the cake.
Iow: Showcase the shift in meta you would like to see. In depth.

Just got an idea… DEV/PRO MIXUP! [make it happen]

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Oh, as a side note, if you haven’t caught the forum post announcing it, next year we’ll be opening up a new Profession Balance sub-forum for the entire game. The Balance team and myself will be a constant presence in the new forum. It will be A LOT easier for us to engage in balance discussion when we don’t keep everything in a vacuum (profession forums).

You can check out the announcement here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates/first

It’s really a good idea, pvp players need for sure a better way to communicate their feedbacks about profs&balance.

Good job

PS Chek your PM inbox Josh (or pvpcommunity mail), new videos for you

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

With all due respect, until you guys fix the 4v5 and similar issues, none of the rest matters.

I’m serious about that. If you can’t even have an even team match, it doesn’t matter how the bells and whistles sound and look.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Cheesier than the “we can do anything and everything better than everyone else – easy Mode” Warriors?

They’re almost on par with necros, except that necros can and should face roll their keyboards and warr takes a tiny bit of extra patience too be extremely good.

That being said, once you’ve learned to wait a couple of extra seconds on a few skills (particularly Bursts), you’ve already become better than the pro players who have spent months theorycrafting and playing their UP classes.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

To summarize: the pvp playerbase has doubled, pvp exclusive skins will come next wave, we get wintersday gifts for tourny wins and the community was officially asked to be nice to newbies.

Sounds all good to me.

the live stream was over? what else did they say?
what questions did they answer?

in PvP

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

oooo thanks josh i’ll check it out now!

cheers!

in PvP

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

With all due respect, until you guys fix the 4v5 and similar issues, none of the rest matters.

I must say I very much agree with this.
It is one of the most demotivating aspects about tournaments.

in PvP

Posted by: GLaDOS.3705

GLaDOS.3705

Could you please tell us more information about unlocking halloween stuff?