[Ready up] Devs avoiding to talk about ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Since june’s balance patch when the condi meta began and Elementalist turned to be unplayable devs have been avoiding to talk about the class. Every time there’s a balance stream or a Q&A people ask about ele changes but we never get a response to these questions.

Many people are disappointed with this situation so every now and then an “ele” topic pops in both the Structured PvP and Profession balance forums. All of them have been ignored. So far I have counted more than 10 extensive topics with very valid ideas to fix the class but none of them got any response yet.

I really thought the new subforum would bring an interesting discussion with the devs but it didn’t happen at all.

I’m not really asking for buffs or anything, I just want to know if there’s any planned changes before I decide to leave this sinking ship. The class has been extremely weak for half a year and Anet’s silence is really annoying.

I also think that if they shared their ideas before implementing them, unintended nerfs like december’s 10th would have never happened.

So what will happen at the Ready up show? Will they even mention the class?

(edited by Marcos.3690)

in PvP

Posted by: Rallad.3802

Rallad.3802

I am positive that a while ago a dev stated something along the lines that ‘the ele is going to get some love’.

I also think one of the main topics for tomorrow is going to be on class balance, which another dev stated that we will probably see a complete written list of proposed changes in the forums sometime next week.

in PvP

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Grouch wrote 1 or 2 weeks ago in the ele forum that we would get positive changes and that they would be previewed in this ready up and in forum pre-patch notes. While my faith in Arenanet certainly is almost broken after last year, I do believe in Grouch.

If they won’t go over any positive ele changes tomorrow, I’ll throw a tantrum though

I command you to be AWESOME.

in PvP

Marcos.3690

Grouch wrote 1 or 2 weeks ago in the ele forum that we would get positive changes and that they would be previewed in this ready up and in forum pre-patch notes. While my faith in Arenanet certainly is almost broken after last year, I do believe in Grouch.

If they won’t go over any positive ele changes tomorrow, I’ll throw a tantrum though

I missed that topic, got any link?

In grouch we trust..

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

too many issues in the game, no chance in not avoiding anything

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

In grouch we trust..

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/1106-suggestions-pre-patch-0-were-ok/first#post3403927

in PvP

Posted by: Morderger.6298

Morderger.6298

They should just try to make every class like the Elementalist with the amount of skill and effort it takes to play well.

Morderger – Elementalist / Zarnik – Warrior /Zerlurd – Ranger/ Slurd -Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/morderger

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

They should just try to make every class like the Elementalist with the amount of skill and effort it takes to play well.

ele isn’t hard to play, it just sucks. there’s a difference

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I am positive that a while ago a dev stated something along the lines that ‘the ele is going to get some love’.

I also think one of the main topics for tomorrow is going to be on class balance, which another dev stated that we will probably see a complete written list of proposed changes in the forums sometime next week.

In June the devs said exact same about necro. Then they said same about warrior. How did that work out? Not so good. All the baddies will then be on the forums QQing about how sustain + invulns + instant cast massive damage is OP. Just like warrior. Can’t wait.

Keep moving the game in a brain-dead power creeped direction please forums qqers. That way this game can die faster and maybe I wont waste an hour a week posting on these forums.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

In grouch we trust..

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/1106-suggestions-pre-patch-0-were-ok/first#post3403927

The fact a developer involved in balance would go to ANY class forum to get suggestions is really worrying and explains why this game sucks. Class forums are just full of noobs QQing about how anet hates their class – and looking for easy mode to make up for their lack of skill.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Marcos.3690

In June the devs said exact same about necro. Then they said same about warrior. How did that work out? Not so good. All the baddies will then be on the forums QQing about how sustain + invulns + instant cast massive damage is OP. Just like warrior. Can’t wait.

Keep moving the game in a brain-dead power creeped direction please forums qqers. That way this game can die faster and maybe I wont waste an hour a week posting on these forums.

Your ele hate is getting old man

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I think they should just make ele a medium health pool character and maybe try to make the trait lines less self preferential. I do understand the fear of eles because they do have the potential to be very op, gently does it with this class.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I actually ended up playing with dev in soloq… he was playing an ele and was doing fine O.o

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

I actually ended up playing with dev in soloq… he was playing an ele and was doing fine O.o

Were you playing with Powerr? We won our first match-up in the 2v2 tournament last weekend with him playing D/D ele. He’s a great player.

As for elementalists, we’re not scared to talk about them, we just haven’t talked about any profession really (in regards to the next update). There are a bunch of changes coming down the pike for the entire game in general. I mentioned on the ele forums before the holidays that we think the main problem with elementalist is sustain – and that’s what we’re focusing on addressing. I mentioned on the ESL livestream today that our first step towards rectifying this is making Signet of Restoration function the same in PvP as it does in PvE.

(edited by Josh Davis.6015)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Ya it was Powerr, he kept yelling in team chat >_<

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Were you playing with Powerr? We won our first match-up in the 2v2 tournament last weekend with him playing D/D ele. He’s a great player.

As for elementalists, we’re not scared to talk about them, we just haven’t talked about any profession really (in regards to the next update). There are a bunch of changes coming down the pike for the entire game in general. I mentioned on the ele forums before the holidays that we think the main problem with elementalist is sustain – and that’s what we’re focusing on addressing. I mentioned on the ESL livestream today that our first step towards rectifying this is making Signet of Restoration function the same in PvP as it does in PvE.

Not afraid to talk about them? I’m still waiting for one of you to explain why RTL goes on double CD when blocked/evaded/invulned after it was explicitly stated that it would not.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

I REALLY hope this won’t be the only change you’re gonna preview for eles.

Please do something about Cleansing Fire, giving it back a stunbreak or making a smoke field or something. Anything really to justify a 40 seconds cooldown on a 3 condition clearer.

in PvP

Posted by: LeetMagiKarp.3751

LeetMagiKarp.3751

i really hope that when/if these changes are made, all ele builds are considered, and not just s/d & d/d. which seems to be the standard approach in ele changes 85% time

in PvP

Posted by: TakeCare.3182

TakeCare.3182

Please do something about Cleansing Fire, giving it back a stunbreak or making a smoke field or something. Anything really to justify a 40 seconds cooldown on a 3 condition clearer.

I don’t know about anyone else, but if Cleansing Fire became a stunbreak again, my sustain would go up considerably. I thought it was a bit of a silly nerf to begin with though.

YouTube channel
Thief | Mesmer | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Personally I see ele in a weird spot. The class definitely has issues but I could easily see them reaching a tipping point where they become OP again. Hopefully they won’t make the same mistakes when they buff ele as they did with Warrior..

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

err…. what does Signet of Restoration has to do with sustain?!

in PvP

Marcos.3690

Ele will still be eaten by condis

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

err…. what does Signet of Restoration has to do with sustain?!

SoRs entire purpose is to outheal glyph, renewal and brilliance. Whichmakes the ele stay atoundaround longer so long as the situation doesn’t require the niche of another heal (burst/condi mitigation/ utility)

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

I’d rather they nerf everything that is bad for the game like necros and warrior there is no point of them buffing more and more things until something becomes broken. Eles are fine the meta is not.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

in PvP

Posted by: Frostpyro.5942

Frostpyro.5942

Im super glad to hear that! One of my favorite things to play is heavy bunker ele in sPvP and WvW holding mid node is a blast, but as an ele I have kinda fell out of the meta pretty hard and forced to use my guardian.

I’ve tried using my ele for a high burst or hybrid roamer but as you said the sustain is just really lacking atm along with them having horrible health or toughness unless going soldiers.

in PvP

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

RIP ride the lightning :/ Oh how fun and class defining it was to zip around the world….then we got hit with a -300 range AND double cooldown. Please revert the cooldown nerf? Screw signet of passive restoration I want my fun back

in PvP

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Fun??…wait you mean you’re not a gs warrior?

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

Ele will still be eaten by condis

It has been like this since release. Trap-rangers and condi-engis for example have always been hard enemies for us.

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

in PvP

Posted by: zilcho.7624

zilcho.7624

Personally I see ele in a weird spot. The class definitely has issues but I could easily see them reaching a tipping point where they become OP again. Hopefully they won’t make the same mistakes when they buff ele as they did with Warrior..

I understand the attitude, but as an ele I kind of hope they do. Obviously, the right attitude is to forget about the last couple months, and want to only be viable again. I think the more human attitude is that all these other classes got overbuffed when they were hurting, so why not us too? Why should we be the first time a class gets only what’s needed and no more?

I think Anet needs to be aware of that feeling. Undershooting the buffs might be even worse than no buffs at all. If ele’s are not viable after the next patch, things are going to get toxic fast. (Because of that human attitude I mentioned.)

(edited by zilcho.7624)

in PvP

Posted by: salt and pepper.4738

salt and pepper.4738

ELE IS FINE. you can play s/f, s/d and d/d. If you cant you are just to bad, no offense.

the real problem is other classes are slightly to strong and to easy to play.

in PvP

Posted by: zilcho.7624

zilcho.7624

ELE IS FINE. you can play s/f, s/d and d/d. If you cant you are just to bad, no offense.

Well ele’s are not fine if they are not as strong as every other profession in the game. Maybe they should be nerfing everyone else down to our level. But if that isn’t an option, they must buff us up to everyone else’s level.

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

“Poverty-stricken countries are FINE. They can learn to eat dirt and drink sewage, if they can’t then just too bad, no offense.
The real problem is that developed countries are too rich”.

^ That’s roughly how much sense you made.

in PvP

Posted by: Arcturus.8109

Arcturus.8109

So the only change we get in this patch is 20% buff to passive healing of not the most popular and actually the dumbest healing spell? That will definitely change everything.
Gg tnx, another month without eles in spvp.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

“Poverty-stricken countries are FINE. They can learn to eat dirt and drink sewage, if they can’t then just too bad, no offense.
The real problem is that developed countries are too rich”.

^ That’s roughly how much sense you made.

“Developed countries are FINE. They can learn to buy food and drink healthy water, if they can’t then just too bad, no offense.
The real problem is that Advanced alien civilizations are too rich”.

Fixed.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Lol. The class that the devs talked about the least was thief, which got a grand total of three, maybe four sentences for itself. Now we know we’re receiving a nerf that, granted, I and many others are okay with, but we are completely in the dark as to whether or not the thief is going to become a more viable class.

Disappointing.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: salt and pepper.4738

salt and pepper.4738

i am wondering why there are ele in top 100 in eu, if its soooooooo unplayable (watch xerrex, phantaram or cmc stream for proof).

(edited by salt and pepper.4738)

in PvP

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

TBH there’s nothing wrong with the ele, not with his surviveability, nor with his damage. By just continously boosting classes the game is only getting easier and easier. 90% of the dungeonruns are atm just stack on the boss and nuke him down. Because of this tactic all ranged are tbh already not relevant anymore.
Ele’s don’t need a fix, we just need to make sure that dungeons aren’t stack&kill anymore.
Oh and for evry1 who thinks ele’s are underpowered, they’re master in aoe dmge, quite high single target dmge or if you want to go tanky, you get the best party support and healing ingame. How the kitten can that be underpowered (atleast in dungeons+wvw, not really active in spvp so can’t say much about that)

p.s. (i know that ele’s deal less dmge then wars in dungeons atm and they’re alot squishyer, but the real prob. is just the current dungeon meta, we shouldn’t be allowed to deadbrainfarm the dungeons )

This is the structured PvP forum, so all the threads here concern PvP. The performance of the ele in WvW and PvE is irrelevant to this discussion so I don’t know what point you are trying to make.

in PvP

Marcos.3690

i am wondering why there are ele in top 100 in eu, if its soooooooo unplayable (watch xerrex, phantaram or cmc stream for proof).

because top 100 is a joke