Really Offensive verbal abuse in Matches

in PvP

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

The league really seems to have brought out the worst in people. The last few days I have seen stuff that goes beyond the simple “rekt” type of comments to full on personal verbal abuse.

For example, one match I played at the weekend had a chrono bunker running around with a rev and stomping on me shouting stuff like “get kittening rekt”. And “Don’t kitten with me”. The irony that she was playing meta bunker and always with someone seemed lost on her. Also constant abuse for using a dragonhunter at all. I rotate my classes, but using a DH really is an advert for attracting nasty comments.

Does the report feature for verbal abuse even work? I’d love to see some of these people get 3 day bans to cool off.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

To be fair, think about how many verbal abuse reports they probably have to sift through every minute

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

the #3 Leaderboard team on NA is running the tag [Nigr].

Safe to say anet is turning a blind eye to everything in sPvP now. From balance, to manipulation, to open racism.

Can’t wait to see the devs acting confused when this game dies.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

the #3 Leaderboard team on NA is running the tag [Nigr].

Safe to say anet is turning a blind eye to everything in sPvP now. From balance, to manipulation, to open racism.

Can’t wait to see the devs acting confused when this game dies.

That’s actually an acronym for National Institute on Genealogical Research. However, we all know these players aren’t using it in that context and it’s really disturbing Anet hasn’t done anything about it.

As for verbal abuse, there as been a lot since leagues started. I just report/block and go on about my business. They’re not worth my time to response to.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

Yeah, there is more verbal abuse going on right now, at least in ranked games I feel, but that was to be expected or was it not?

Idk, I only PvP casually and I don’t let random dipkittens that feel the need to rage in chat ruin that for me. I either just ignore them, reply with “friendly” troll comments à la “luv u 2 m8”, turn off chat altogether or just block them if they e.g. feel the need to bother me via whisper.

Also, don’t take stuff people say on the internet too serious. Sometimes it’s hard to separate a genuine insult from banter, trolling or sheer stupidity. I personally prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt and believe it’s the latter three in most cases.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

ANET setup of league was terrible, almost to the point of a sick joke. Where a majority of pvp is queue players. If you have a premade team or pvp guild getting to Ruby is actually easy. The fact that people are raging for bad playing or bad rotation doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. Expect a more and more toxic pvp community as time goes on.

(edited by Wolfs Shadow.7234)

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

You develop a thick skin from the verbal abuse over time. Even though it’s a competitive environment and the expression of frustration is expected, in the long run, it will be more difficult to communicate with your team. Communicating via text, sometimes makes it difficult for people to know if you are being constructive or unfairly critical.

Im guilty of expressing my frustration but I’ve always stayed within the context of the game. No personal attacks – that would just make the experience worse for everyone else.

in PvP

Pimsley.3681

That [Nigr] acronym was clever and the people who created it were probably being wise-guys. Their intent was more towards trying to be funny rather than hateful. Racism is so passe and uncool.

in PvP

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

what do you expect the balance is horrible, we are fighting full guilds with pug teams, and literally ALL of the HOT builds are super OP……we are furious

in PvP

Posted by: venusiano.8246

venusiano.8246

Well, I’ve learn that the hardest verbal abuse comes from the dumbest people in game. In the same way that most of the players that use to call other players “noobs” are actually newbies themselves, you’ll hardly see a smart player using verbal abuse.

in PvP

Posted by: HipposWild.7185

HipposWild.7185

The matchmaking is insanely bad, and the balance is like a bad joke. People are going to get furious every time they’re one pip away from a tier or rank and they get some clown that’s running to assist your 2v1 at home while your team whipes at mid. When this happens every other game for four hours people are going to go insane. It makes sense. Anet isn’t going to balance, and they aren’t going to fix their matchmaking they’re just going to add even more of a win or waste your time mentality in terms of rewards. Great work guys! I won three 2v1’s in my last game and we lost by 300 points… That’s absurd… People are going to be justifiably furious.

#1 of all #1 players as ranked by a fair and unbiased committee

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

That [Nigr] acronym was clever and the people who created it were probably being wise-guys. Their intent was more towards trying to be funny rather than hateful. Racism is so passe and uncool.

There was nothing racist about it until peoples knickers twisted and made something about it…

Just like Baa Baa Black Sheep and Fairy Penguins, nothing offensive about it until people made an issue about it for the sake of others…

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Pimsley.3681

There was nothing racist about it until peoples knickers twisted and made something about it…

Just like Baa Baa Black Sheep and Fairy Penguins, nothing offensive about it until people made an issue about it for the sake of others…

I chuckled upon seeing it. But these days you gotta be careful not to offend the SJW :/

Edit: By the way, Im half white, half black, half asian and a quarter puerto rican – I found no offense from it.

(edited by Pimsley.3681)

in PvP

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

If you spend 90% of your time in PvE which the OP clearly does then you might think it’s the league that brought this out. PvP is always the hub of trash talk in any game and especially in GW2. In PvE players run by and rez you and give you a helping hand and that’s great but the league and the legendary backpiece have brought the PvE players into the lion’s den. You can always turn /m chat off in PvP you know. Problem resolved.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Oh, please. Don’t kitten on my leg and tell me it’s just raining. They knew exactly what word they were going for.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Are we all emotional here?

Seriously, i see it everytime, the thing is people get offended by everything. Anything you say is offensive.

Just ignore them. It’s just a Game

Taking too deep is your problem, just don’t get affected.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Verbal abuse doesn’t bug me.
Running into a revenant as a shatter mes does.

Which is why I now play bunker mes anytime I see a rev on the other team.
#FightCancerWithCancer

But seriously, just laugh at their absurdity and block them.

But only block them after you link a stack of salt.

Make sure to rub salt in the wound!

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

in PvP

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

I laughed my kitten off. Thanks for the read.

“Don’t kitten with me.” LOLOLOLOLOL. Big kitten tyrone hopped on the meta waggon and kittening everyone up with his flower powers.

kitten talking is in every competitive game, no way around it. It’s the internetz.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Oh, please. Don’t kitten on my leg and tell me it’s just raining. They knew exactly what word they were going for.

My first thought was Niagra, not the other one. I didn’t even think the other word until I read this topic post with people finding something so mundane this offensive…

There was another thread in the PvP section where people are being offended by “GG”… Seriously, we deserved that “Vial Of Salt”.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

I laughed my kitten off. Thanks for the read.

“Don’t kitten with me.” LOLOLOLOLOL. Big kitten tyrone hopped on the meta waggon and kittening everyone up with his flower powers.

kitten talking is in every competitive game, no way around it. It’s the internetz.

My girlfriend left me for a Tyrone.

Tyrone OP

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

Trash talking is expected in competitive environments. If everyone were kind and polite, I would get creeped out.

And who the heck is tyrone?

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Mitch.4781

If you spend 90% of your time in PvE which the OP clearly does then you might think it’s the league that brought this out. PvP is always the hub of trash talk in any game and especially in GW2. In PvE players run by and rez you and give you a helping hand and that’s great but the league and the legendary backpiece have brought the PvE players into the lion’s den. You can always turn /m chat off in PvP you know. Problem resolved.

Um No, I’d say I split my time fairly evenly between the two. Since the league started I have been 90% pvp actually. Either way, it’s never been as bad.

in PvP

Mitch.4781

Watched The Tyrone thing..wasn’t that funny and he looks about 5ft6

in PvP

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

this is what some people dont understand just because we randomly got drawn in to opposites teams to play pvp we dont have to be hostile to each other if they flame you block them and move on

action combat made mmos better lol

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Someone also whisper me after killing me once and he thinks his so great and pro i was playing my power rev glint/shiro that everyone know really weak vs condition and then he block me what a guy i hate it when i play i want to enjoy the game and then somebody suddenly pm you with verbal abuse just ruin the fun. I play to have fun after 8 hours of long stressful day at work. Why not just ok i killed him why do they have to trash talk someone they killed.

in PvP

Posted by: twojackson.5607

twojackson.5607

OP prob played against the infamous “Solid Snake”

SHADOWJEDI — currently undefeated in over 100 official wager duels.

in PvP

Posted by: assasin oates.3018

assasin oates.3018

Oh who cares. Just block.

in PvP

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

My best one up to date was “why do you [censored] play ranked when you don’t have elite specs? Arena.net should bar everyone who doesn’t have HoT from entering ranked!”

Like hell I will stop playing pvp after 3 years of guild wars 2 just because Arena.net decided to go full mental and break the balance of their own game in half by hiding the strongest specs behind a p2w wall.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in PvP

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

My best one up to date was “why do you [censored] play ranked when you don’t have elite specs? Arena.net should bar everyone who doesn’t have HoT from entering ranked!”

Like hell I will stop playing pvp after 3 years of guild wars 2 just because Arena.net decided to go full mental and break the balance of their own game in half by hiding the strongest specs behind a p2w wall.

Lmfao who the hell is the kitten that said it? lololololol. PvP schticks are the best.

in PvP

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

I know it’s not a reputable source, but ‘clever’ isn’t exactly the word I’d use for immature people who steel memes.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Nigr

in PvP

Posted by: Arrk.4102

Arrk.4102

Not to be insulting to you, but why do you intentionally hinder your team by playing sub-par builds? If you want to continue playing PvP, please do, but you can choose not to play ranked, where wins actually matter.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I don’t know why Ranked isn’t disabled for non-HoT players, they are no better than people losing on purpose.

in PvP

Posted by: Leming.8436

Leming.8436

Get your facts straight before making empty assumptions about [Nigr] guild you privlidged batats.
https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Just retreat into your safe space and put your hands into you ears and go lalala or retreat onto the campus of the nearest liberal arts college and everything will be alright. Remember kids even though we have the first amendment you should never have to listen to anything you disagree with or that offends you anywhere at any time. Social Justice nutters of the world unite!.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Get your facts straight before making empty assumptions about [Nigr] guild you privlidged batats.
https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger

At least you could spell privileged right before you play that card. But don’t get me wrong regardless of what you meant I find it hilarious that that would upset people. I just ignore people I think are ignorant I certainly wouldn’t let them upset me.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

I don’t know why Ranked isn’t disabled for non-HoT players, they are no better than people losing on purpose.

There is one flaw in your argumentation: The whole purpose of a league is to match players according to their skill, their ability and the soundness of their strategy.
So players who play core builds will be sorted out at the point where the differences between core builds and elite builds actually begin to matter.
Therefore anyone who complains about being matched with players who play “subpar builds” needs to look at their own performance with a “better build” instead of projecting their own inability onto others.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in PvP

Posted by: Forz.1725

Forz.1725

As a non-HoT player, I felt like I carried my games all the way to sapphire as a celestial staff ele.

Elementalist – Pancake Tragedy

in PvP

Posted by: Arrk.4102

Arrk.4102

I personally do not face these players, either the ragers or the bad build running ones. Though when I queued with a friend in amber, I ran into so many of both, it was impressive.

in PvP

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

Trash talk is a big part of PvP and while I am sure there are some dedicated PvPers who hate it I feel most competitive players like it. Some people take trash talk to far and get personal but I’d rather play a game where I’m occasionally told to go kill myself then a game where people are too afraid to even boast-troll.

That said the OP should probably play a different game mode. His examples were extremely tame and impersonal in nature. They hardly count as abuse. Put a helmet on.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

in PvP

Mitch.4781

Trash talk is a big part of PvP and while I am sure there are some dedicated PvPers who hate it I feel most competitive players like it. Some people take trash talk to far and get personal but I’d rather play a game where I’m occasionally told to go kill myself then a game where people are too afraid to even boast-troll.

That said the OP should probably play a different game mode. His examples were extremely tame and impersonal in nature. They hardly count as abuse. Put a helmet on.

So because I am unwilling to take direct personal abuse with good humour, I should stop playing a mode I otherwise enjoy? So being told to " Get kittened" is tame and impersonal is it? Wow, you sound nice. One can only imagine the type of stuff you would like to say if let off the leesh. I know this sounds like a brand new idea to you and probably out of your intellect bandwidth, but why not punish those violating the rules they signed up to when installing and playing the game?? How about not acting like an kitten? Yeah, original thinking I know.

You are probably the type of person that finds the “Nigr” guild acronym hilarious.

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

So because I am unwilling to take direct personal abuse with good humour, I should stop playing a mode I otherwise enjoy? So being told to " Get kittened" is tame and impersonal is it? Wow, you sound nice. One can only imagine the type of stuff you would like to say if let off the leesh. I know this sounds like a brand new idea to you and probably out of your intellect bandwidth, but why not punish those violating the rules they signed up to when installing and playing the game?? How about not acting like an kitten? Yeah, original thinking I know.

You are probably the type of person that finds the “Nigr” guild acronym hilarious.

1. That guild acronym is hilarious. Especially the trolling way it was put together.
2. Yes, being told to “Get kittened” on the internet is tame and impersonal. No ones posting pics of you, or doxxing you. And unless the harassment continues beyond the match, and the guy hops on 20 different alts to spam you with it, it’s really not a big deal. I mean, really. First world problems much?
3. Just report & block the people if they really get to you. That’s all.
There’s no point bringing it up on the forums. There is little ANet can do about it.
“Just ban them”, over half of the playerbase would be perma-banned if we let people’s emotional excursions be ban worthy.
4. Or you can be like me. Don’t report them. Link a stack of salt to them. And then block them. Now, and I need you to really actually do this. Forget about them completely, they have no effect on your actual life.

in PvP

Mitch.4781

1. That guild acronym is hilarious. Especially the trolling way it was put together.

[/quote]

Well, at least you are honest with your racism. Hey print it on shirt, walk down any street and let’s see who else finds it “hilarious” shall we?

It’s funny how all these things are considered “hilarious” behind the safety of a computer screen. People are often hesitant to be so hilarious in real life. Can’t think why……..

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Well, at least you are honest with your racism. Hey print it on shirt, walk down any street and let’s see who else finds it “hilarious” shall we?

It’s funny how all these things are considered “hilarious” behind the safety of a computer screen. People are often hesitant to be so hilarious in real life. Can’t think why……..

So we’re assuming I’m not black now?

Thank you for being offended on my behalf I guess?

Edit:
Also, I’m very sorry.
I forgot that everything that happens on the internet has real life consequences, and has to be compared to it every freaking day.

I also like how you only address 1 thing.

That 1 thing that is a racist joke, made not necessarily because the maker is racist, but because they get a laugh at offending other people.
People with delicate sensibilities, that let the internet consume their lives.

(edited by TheOneWhoSighs.7513)