Reaper - GS should be invulnerable

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Hello.

Reaper greatsword #2 or rather the whole weaponset should make me invulnerable for how clunky kittenty it is.

Joke aside, if the #2 was same frenzies evade, meanig you cant interut it, would we see GS in hotjoin?

Edit:
reading through the amazing feedback I also realized that greatsword needs to remove 5x conditions if you manage to hit an opponent. Risk-Reward play.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

(edited by Flumek.9043)

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

Yeah, we should probably try to get more safe skills in the game.
Auto evade is a good start, tho I would also add a leap or a shadowstep.
Scrapper hammer shall lead us into a new age of weapon design.

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

Honestly, I think gs 2 is a perfect example of how the game should be. It is highly telegraphed and should deal heavy damage.

The fact that it can have an instant recharge means it is spammable, which if you added an evade to it then that would be bad game design

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

As much as I like Reaper GS, kitten this game does not need any more powerful attacks with evade frames. In fact, we need to remove/nerf evade frames on existing attacks.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Flumek.9043

Honestly, I think gs 2 is a perfect example of how the game should be. It is highly telegraphed and should deal heavy damage.

The fact that it can have an instant recharge means it is spammable, which if you added an evade to it then that would be bad game design

Its actually bad, 5+2 doesnt even combo itself. And 5/5 skill from GS are so clunky theyre buggy and miss 99%. its zero value.

Paladin Hammer scrappers is true salvation.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Its actually bad, 5+2 doesnt even combo itself. And 5/5 skill from GS are so clunky theyre buggy and miss 99%. its zero value.

Paladin Hammer scrappers is true salvation.

I don’t know man, last time I played a power GS necro in pvp it was quite fun. It takes a bit of getting used to though. 5+2 is alright not guaranteed, but still doable since Grave digger can be used on the move. Though 5 and 3/4 combo well, nightfall hurts and blinds and the 3 builds up LF nicely while stacking vuln to synergies with Decimate Defenses assuming you take it over the other 2 traits.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

DH LB2 and 5 should have immunity frames for the whole cast duration.
/s

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I don’t like to do 5 → 2. The delay is too great. The enemy at least needs some soft-cc on.

Rather, I do:

4 → 5 → 3 → 2
or
5 → 3 → 4 → 2

depending on how quick the enemy is.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Meanwhile in thief land trying to land 3k backstab while getting one-shot by all aoe flying around~

If GS gets invuls, then it should do no dmg. We don’t need scrapper hammer nr. 2. Besides i think GS was ment as pve weapon anyway, necros been crying for power build for dungeons for ages.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Meanwhile in thief land trying to land 3k backstab while getting one-shot by all aoe flying around~

If GS gets invuls, then it should do no dmg. We don’t need scrapper hammer nr. 2. Besides i think GS was ment as pve weapon anyway, necros been crying for power build for dungeons for ages.

Why do you always bring up thief?

The topic does not even have to do anything with thief.

Hell Dagger AA will even out dps GS

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Wouldn’t touch GS on necro even with a stick in any game mode…

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Stickers is right. Stop bringing up thief. All attention should be focused on highlighting how OP Scapper Hammer is.

Good one for pointing that out, Stickers.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Stickers is right. Stop bringing up thief. All attention should be focused on highlighting how OP Scapper Hammer is.

Nah, its like, thief should be like this, like that. How many times did thief got buffed already in terms of damage and forum thieves still need more?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

too bad the wep can’t be used in pve pvp or wvw is that bad

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

make cast time 1 sec and remove aftercast, eh

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Nah, its like, thief should be like this, like that. How many times did thief got buffed already in terms of damage and forum thieves still need more?

You’re right. They’re like junkies. Addicted to large white numbers, taking hits in ultra quick succession. Doing this over and over until they run dry or explode not so unlike a crack head hitting overdose

in PvP

Flumek.9043

I don’t know man, last time I played a power GS necro in pvp it was quite fun. It takes a bit of getting used to though. 5+2 is alright not guaranteed, but still doable since Grave digger can be used on the move. Though 5 and 3/4 combo well, nightfall hurts and blinds and the 3 builds up LF nicely while stacking vuln to synergies with Decimate Defenses assuming you take it over the other 2 traits.

Thank you for explaining.

Please report this post. I find lies and missinformation about fun, alright and doableness of greatsword extremely offensive Double infraction, its basically calling me stupid

P.S.
Irwi, dont get triggered. Its my trap

in PvP

Posted by: Insanity.5174

Insanity.5174

It should be invincible,not invulnerable.

in PvP

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

All the GS needs is a teleport on the #3 skill. Like guardian sword 2.
That’s all.

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I don’t like to do 5 -> 2. The delay is too great. The enemy at least needs some soft-cc on.

Rather, I do:

4 -> 5 -> 3 -> 2
or
5 -> 3 -> 4 -> 2

Just curious why you would cast 4 before 5. You can cast 5 and during the animation cast 4 and have the target pulled and the aoe set at the same time.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I don’t like to do 5 -> 2. The delay is too great. The enemy at least needs some soft-cc on.

Rather, I do:

4 -> 5 -> 3 -> 2
or
5 -> 3 -> 4 -> 2

Just curious why you would cast 4 before 5. You can cast 5 and during the animation cast 4 and have the target pulled and the aoe set at the same time.

Because 4 lingers, I can cast 3 while 5 is doing it’s animation and get the effect of 3 skills. In short, it can be better for faster fights, but casting 4 after/while 5 is probably better for fights expecting to be longer.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

That’s all.

Yeah that would help GS a lot but i think gs5 still needs to be made less clunky. Instead of a teleport some swiftness also could help. Essentially help gs to stay close to your opponents more reliable.

in PvP

Brokensunday.4098

That’s all.

combo chain reduced from 3/4 to 1/2 sec

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

Right now the necro GS is wasted programming.

The fact that several patches have come since it’s introduction and NOTHING has been done to fix the GS tells you Anet either sees it as fine or doesn’t want to do anything about it.

Don’t hold your breath…Look how long Necro Axe was worthless with little to no changes for many years that made any difference. I would expect the same with the GS.

Even before it’s release, people in beta told them how clunky it was and how GS5 had so many flaws. It was obvious after just a few hours playing, but they rolled with it as-is anyway.

It’s a shame to waste that programming because the graphics and theme side of it were worthwhile.

in PvP

Flumek.9043

The fact that several patches have come since it’s introduction and NOTHING has been done to fix the GS tells you Anet either sees it as fine or doesn’t want to do anything about it.

Don’t hold your breath…Look how long Necro Axe was worthless with little to no changes for many years that made any difference. I would expect the same with the GS.

Even before it’s release, people in beta told them how clunky it was and how GS5 had so many flaws. It was obvious after just a few hours playing, but they rolled with it as-is anyway.

It’s a shame to waste that programming because the graphics and theme side of it were worthwhile.

Yea, like they even extra told us the gs#5 uses fancy new tech and was very hard to design and “make it function”.
Absolute waste of time and money and more will be wasted on meetings and nothing will be done in the end.

in PvP

Brokensunday.4098

you mean axe the weappon that is still useless well it still need some tweaks same goes for gs some minor changes and it should be good long cast times and long animations need to go
edit: only grave digger need to be slow

(edited by Brokensunday.4098)

in PvP

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

Man seeing the promo videos for HoT got my really excited about the Reaper. I made my first necro and even leveled weaponsmithing and crafted my very fisrt asc weapon – a GS – for him. The experience was great in pve and equally abysmal in pvp.

Finally I came to a point where hacking at pve mobs was starting to annoy me so I’d go more and more into pvp, trying to make the GS work. Well I couldnt, in fact I got so hopelessly stomped when facing good players that all my GS Reaper love turned to kitten. So now my asc gs is comfortably sitting on the back of my Warrior and my Reaper is a condi spammer who I dont play anymore since I dislike condis.

The End

(edited by pepsis.5384)

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I agree. Literally make all Great-sword skill invulnerable. I have no Idea why in the sustain meta the developers would give necros an hp bar that doesn’t stack with their own and leave them with literally no defensive skills besides fear and blind which are more cc than defense. They don’t even have the upper hand in condition spamming or damage dealing anymore. They are just a time ticking meat bag that you just freely hit until they slowly die.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game