Reaper is OP

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I just came off a match in which a reaper was winning 4 v1. I couldn’t even do noticeable damage on Mesmer.

This is way too much. Heavy Damage 0r heavy tank, but not both.

Mesmerising Girl

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Warscythes.9307

Warscythes.9307

You are a chronomancer right? I am pretty sure Chrono beats reaper most of the time. Hell there is a video on reddit like a week ago with a chrono vs reaper duel and it was like 50/50 I think? If reaper gets caught in a gravity well then is over.

Actually if a reaper is 4v1 then those 4 are probably bots, posting exaggeration doesn’t really help your case. Especially if you are playing a chronomancer.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Reaper was designed to thrive in target-rich environments and, like regular Necro, is still extremely tough to kill with conditions. Given the last several times I have seen Mesmers complaining about Reaper, they were always running condi builds, I’m going to hazard a guess that you were as well.

Here’s what it comes down to on that particular matchup: you are a condi build going up against a Necromancer that is also scaling up in sustain through the bodies you’re creating in an endless supply. As a condition Mesmer, you are giving the Reaper exactly what he wants.

Now, if a Reaper was winning a 1v4, the 4 sucked. Reaper can’t scale that hard without allied help.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Coming from a Mesmer player…Isn’t Reaper like hard-countered by good Chronomancer right now? From my experience, Mesmer should have it the easiest with Reaper.

If your words are…truth..(4v1?)…then I think you’ve done terrible job at helping your teammates fighting this scary, quick and tanky monstrosity.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I play a condi Mesmer. No I don’t play Chronomancer. ( Nor do I play PU stealth Mesmer ) The thought of starting and seeing it nerfed into the ground is too sickening. Maybe, if I see that ANET allows it to be viable I’ll take it up later.

In a “balanced” game there would be no class that was unbeatable to another.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Every class is OP apparently. True story.

If something happens and you die to a class they are instantly OP and you must cry on the forums about it.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Warscythes.9307

Warscythes.9307

There is no class that is unbeatable assuming there is a discrepancy in skill. But for a game to actually have mechanics, some builds will be better than some specific other builds, other wise you will have something very bland.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

@ Avigrus

First, the forums exist for the purpose of expressing opinions. Second, keep the personal attacks down. Third I maintain that Reaper is in fact OP. I personally watched a reaper win 4v1. That’s an OP class.

Mesmerising Girl

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

If you saw a Reaper win 4v1 then show me a video of it, because I don’t believe you.

Jesusmancer

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

My god. Everything is OP. facepalms

This forum is getting pretty ridiculous.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

I’ve yet to see game like this.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

Poster plays a cheap condi Mesmer build and comes to the forum to post about Reaper being overpowered.

What’s hilarious is that reapers are vulnerable to interruptions and GS is sluggish and ripe for the interrupts.

Reapers do not produce enough damage to down a d/d ele.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

I’ve yet to see game like this.

+1

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

Hi Ithilwen – I see what youre saying about reaper. It kinda does seem OP at first but once you learn their animations, they are incredibly easy to counter and interrupt.

If your interrupt skills are on CD, you and your team should treat the reaper like you would any other necro…focus it down focus it hard.

And that’s exactly what this team did to my poor, harmless, innocent, solo queue reaper because I’m still noob and cant 4v1 like that one reaper you saw

Attachments:

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Hi Ithilwen – I see what youre saying about reaper. It kinda does seem OP at first but once you learn their animations, they are incredibly easy to counter and interrupt.

If your interrupt skills are on CD, you and your team should treat the reaper like you would any other necro…focus it down focus it hard.

And that’s exactly what this team did to my poor, harmless, innocent, solo queue reaper because I’m still noob and cant 4v1 like that one reaper you saw

Lol just interjecting, since I was playing the revenant on the red team this match (Near Despair). Was a fun time killing OP necro’s dragonhunter with rev hammer 2 spam that game.

Although I don’t remember killing you that much specifically, but I played so many games tonight I can’t recall all the details, just that you guys ate a lot of hammer attacks from a zerk rev build.

What build are you running btw? It looks like you managed to do a lot of damage and rip a lot of boons.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

(edited by nearlight.3064)

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

I just came off a match in which a reaper was winning 4 v1. I couldn’t even do noticeable damage on Mesmer.

This is way too much. Heavy Damage 0r heavy tank, but not both.

Did you ask what build he was running or notice any of the skills he was using?

Did you see or read his buff bar to try and isolate what trait line he was in and try and replicate the build?

Have you tried playing the reaper and figuring out what you could have done to counter the necro?

It’s really easy to whine about new things. But please at least try the build you plan on whinning about.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: El Psy Congroo.7965

El Psy Congroo.7965

I agree with the OP, I understand there are high damage builds and tanky builds, but having both is plain unfair. “Balance” right now is kinda in-existent, there could be at least a cap of 2 of the same prof. per team or something, playing against 3 necros/reapers is just stupid.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

I think OP exclusively runs a PU condi mesmer… which gets wrecked by any necro build that takes condi transfers.

To the OP, I’d highly recommend you create a Reaper and play a bunch of games with it. Fighting against a build you don’t understand well is like playing the game blindfolded. Everything feels OP when you’re permablind =p

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

A LOT of elite specs are OP, some are a little UP. The best hope for this game is to get on a balance cycle that has a frequency greater than 6.43e-8 Hz (Once every 6 months). There will be specs that are more broken than d/d ele was, and there will be specs that are completely useless. It will take another 3+ years to reach a relatively balanced state if they adjust so glacially slow.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

trytonianYeti.4389

seriously op, I think the forum ppl have been pleasantly constructive in giving you advice. reaper is not op. i could beat it with a d/d ele

you just say it’s OP coz it counters your build and careless about the people that enjoy playing it. who cares if it gets nerfed as long as you can continue playing your condi Mesmer, right?

Reaper is OP

in PvP

trytonianYeti.4389

I agree with the OP, I understand there are high damage builds and tanky builds, but having both is plain unfair. “Balance” right now is kinda in-existent, there could be at least a cap of 2 of the same prof. per team or something, playing against 3 necros/reapers is just stupid.

I think you’re confusing the reaper with d/d eles. The high damage reapers are not tanky at all. It’s quite easy to drain their shroud.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

The reaper is built to take on multiple foes. For instance, his shouts hit multiple enemies and the effects of said shouts are increased for each enemy hit. Alot of his attacks are cleaving and AoE he’s built to go up against groups. So if you saw him going 4v1 and winning that was him, doing his thing. Your team should have broken off and went for objectives instead of battling the AoE teamfight monster that is reaper.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Pimsley.3681

Lol just interjecting, since I was playing the revenant on the red team this match (Near Despair). Was a fun time killing OP necro’s dragonhunter with rev hammer 2 spam that game.

Although I don’t remember killing you that much specifically, but I played so many games tonight I can’t recall all the details, just that you guys ate a lot of hammer attacks from a zerk rev build.

What build are you running btw? It looks like you managed to do a lot of damage and rip a lot of boons.

Hi Near Despair lol I enjoy close matches like the one we were in. We had to eat a few hammer sammiches coz one of our guys dc’d and we were 4v5 for a minute. Everyone was cordial on mapchat from what I remembered.

Im running a build I borrowed mostly from the power wells necro. It’s not yet fully optimized for team play. For solo queue, it does enough damage to help clear the invaders off our points

Also been fooling around with chrono and berserker

Attachments:

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Dejw.5164

Dejw.5164

Agreed. Reaper seems OP. The dmg you can do in reaper’s shroud is insane and the chills… Oh my. I shiver every time I see this guy.

But the worst thing is he can actually sustain A LOT and still deal huge damage..

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

It’s important to stick to the qq manual when all senses are lost: everything else but the build ur using is op. Everything else can deal massive dmg cc n is tanky.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Reaper can 1v4 pretty kitten good in close encounters..

I think it’s mostly perma 25 might mixed with 25 vuln ontop of damage amplifiers though, or atleast where my damage spikes come from anyway.

GS 2 skill crits for 12-18k (which can be spammed) and reaper 4+5 skills hit another 12k+ each ontop of wells and the freeze bomb.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Reaper is OP

in PvP

trytonianYeti.4389

1v4?

Really?

It’s not good to keep lying to yourselves because you may start believing them one day.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

trytonianYeti.4389

I think it’s mostly perma 25 might mixed with 25 vuln ontop of damage amplifiers though, or atleast where my damage spikes come from anyway.

GS 2 skill crits for 12-18k and reaper 4+5 skills hit another 12k+ each ontop of wells and the freeze bomb.

Golems that don’t dodge nor hit back does not count.

Not defending the Reaper. I haven’t even played it. But Ive encountered it many times recently and it’s not hard to beat.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

GS 2 skill crits for 12-18k and reaper 4+5 skills hit another 12k+ each ontop of wells and the freeze bomb.

Not defending the Reaper. I haven’t even played it. But Ive encountered it many times recently and it’s not hard to beat.

When did I say golems? Please point that out to me buddy unless you’re just putting words in my mouth?

You said so yourself you haven’t played reaper so why comment?

….. And Elementalist.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Wrong.

In a balanced game every class is countered by another but with a good playstyle you can mitigate a little that and win some times.

Be 50/50 with every class/build against ever class/build is a pure utopy.

Anyway, the reaper is good, really good, but it’s not a perfect build.
In true it’s easy to counter and actually I’ve no lose a single time in 1vs1 against a reaper with my personal necro MM build (that in theory is hard countered by a reaper why the massive AoE damage).
I’ve lost only one time why in skyhammer that necro grabbed me down into kitten XD

out of that I’ve never lose against a reaper.

But the reaper can deal high direct or condition damage and can survive well, if well played.

And sometimes I fought a 1vs3 winning gainst 3 bad pugs and they was a thief, a mesmer and a guardian but really bad. I don’t mean that you’re a bad mesmer, but sometimes your build can be hard countered by the opponent and/or used against other players.

For example I can use the conditions of a mesmer against a thief, killing him in a second why it’s weak against them. And more tactics.

I’ve tried the Reaper and it’s really not OP.
It’s good, can survive well, but I’ve not find actually a OP build for it. Expecially in sPvP.
I still remember that the Necromancer+Reaper have not a single defensive skill out of the DS/RS, making him easy to be killed by the enemy if have a lot of dps, expecially ranged dps like a mesmer, that can run away easy from the melee range of the reaper, making it’s RS more or less useless.

The Reaper is strong, but not all that strong.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

trytonianYeti.4389

When did I say golems? Please point that out to me buddy unless you’re just putting words in my mouth?

Because I’ve beaten it with non HoT builds. I don’t have to play it if I’ve beaten it. Learning to play it should be reserved for people that complain it’s op

so where’s your buddy then?

Does he have screenshots? Those numbers are skewed way too high. I fought reapers and don’t remember getting hit that hard, even on my shatter mesmer

Reaper is OP

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

Because I’ve beaten it with non HoT builds. I don’t have to play it if I’ve beaten it. Learning to play it should be reserved for people that complain it’s op

Does he have screenshots? Those numbers are skewed way too high. I fought reapers and don’t remember getting hit that hard, even on my shatter mesmer

You’re putting words in my mouth again dude…. I never said it was unbeatable or said there was no counters, what I said was “Reaper can 1v4 pretty kitten good in close encounters..”…

Please, just stop. I saw your post history, you’re obviously having a bad day.

(buddy was referring to you, kinda like callin someone you don’t know mate or dude or man or what ever the lingo is in your area)

….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

This is what I did to a glass chronomancer yesterday. I think you could reach 16-17k if you actually minmaxed it without help of teammates.

Attachments:

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Not bragging or joking. I have yet to lose 1 v1 with reaper on my condi (no PU) mesmer. So far if I stay ranged it seems to work just fine. I have fought quite a few so being serious I have yet to see how it counters condi mesmer. Would someone mind explaining? (not kidding) I do not have hot yet and haven’t touched the class.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Pimsley.3681

Not bragging or joking. I have yet to lose 1 v1 with reaper on my condi (no PU) mesmer. So far if I stay ranged it seems to work just fine. I have fought quite a few so being serious I have yet to see how it counters condi mesmer. Would someone mind explaining? (not kidding) I do not have hot yet and haven’t touched the class.

Reapers are great in team fights because they serve as a catalyst to eliminating enemies on point. In exchange for that power, are their 2 downsides. First, they are always at risk of getting focused on. Second, they don’t excel in 1v1 and gets countered by many builds.

The game play for reaper is similar to the power wells necro, it’s pretty much just a melee version of the power nec.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

This is what I did to a glass chronomancer yesterday. I think you could reach 16-17k if you actually minmaxed it without help of teammates.

How much did that Mesmer get paid to AFK?

IF that Mesmer didn’t get paid then that is ONE REALLY BAD MESMER.

Chronomancers own Reapers. The stuns are more than enough to beat reapers but they also blind.

Are you guys in NA? Maybe bad mesmers like that only exist in NA

EU since Aug 2012

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

If a reaper 4v1 and won then those players must be really really bad. No class is designed to win a 4v1. I really really think you are misleading in your claims and even if anet were to read this they would think, “hmm that not possible”. Reaper is probably one the most balanced professions right now. If you were getting eaten alive by greatsword and reaper shroud you must have been face tanking everything which you simply cannot do. A reaper is like a warrior, completely different than a necro. I mean all the hardest hitting skills I.e grave digger and executioners scythe all include the player LEVITATING. That means use your dodges and don’t play stupid.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Chronomancers own Reapers. The stuns are more than enough to beat reapers but they also blind.

Highly depends on the build.

If the mesmer doesn’t take something for condies a cele necro is going to win the sustain battle.
If a mesmer uses chrono to replace dueling then they wont have blinds on shatter.

If the chrono takes dueling then they are going to give up either inspiration, chaos, or domination.
Each of those lines offers something pretty substantial to the mesmer in terms of stealth and defense, healing and defense, or damage and CC..

Lastly, don’t reapers have a 360 AoE pulsing blind now?
Pick your poison

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

a bad reaper can do good,
a good chrono can do better
thats the issue here, reapers are very easy to play and own with, they’re the new hambow.
but they also have a lower ceiling than a chronomesmer,
a master chronomancer is practially a god.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Yeah in Spvp Rev are way to off balance. No wonder beta w-e Raids was cancelled. Would of bin easy to kill mobs & bosses.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

Highly depends on the build.

If the mesmer doesn’t take something for condies a cele necro is going to win the sustain battle.
If a mesmer uses chrono to replace dueling then they wont have blinds on shatter.

If the chrono takes dueling then they are going to give up either inspiration, chaos, or domination.
Each of those lines offers something pretty substantial to the mesmer in terms of stealth and defense, healing and defense, or damage and CC..

Lastly, don’t reapers have a 360 AoE pulsing blind now?
Pick your poison

cele necros have far more sustain that reapers

we were talking about how a reaper beat a chronomancer.

it just seems so unlikely coz reapers are such free easy kills for a chronomancer.

EU since Aug 2012

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Pimsley.3681

I play both chronomancer and reaper, still noob, but one elite has a higher skill cap than the other. What I like about the chrono is that I don’t get heavily focused like I am on reaper, lol.

Running dueling, domination and chrono so yeah, it’s still possible to blind on shatter with the new elite.

From a recent game…

Attachments:

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

I cannot imagine how a reaper could beat 4 reasonably decent players.

I’d say I’m a fairly experienced player (we’re all new to the elites, of course) and I cannot stand up to focus fire, even on a tanky build. I get 2-4 players targeting me, and I start to go down.

I’ll admit, I’ve pulled off a couple 1v2’s with my soldier and valk builds, but those were vs players who COULD have escaped, but seemed content letting me grind their health bars down. Usually it’s vs warriors, thieves, eles, rangers…classes that can very easily escape a bad fight.

That being said, 1v1 against chronomancers that aren’t purely support, I have a difficult time. Their CC is pretty beast.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

trytonianYeti.4389

You what I could probably 1v5 as long as the opponents have less than 100hp left.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I play a condi Mesmer.

Called it! Reaper is probably the hardest matchup in the game to win as a condi Mesmer because you are giving them everything they could want: lots of bodies to scale off of without much DPS, lots of ammo in the form of conditions, and poor ability to cleanse Chill and transferred conditions all in one package.

By its very nature, Reaper counters your build. The first thing you’re doing wrong is using a condition build against a Necro and not expecting it to be a very difficult fight.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

they just seem to die like regular necros?

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

Chronomancers, scrappers, and heralds are far stronger than reapers IMO.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

I paid 10g to that mesmer.

Jokes aside, the mesmer was downed. Even they can get wrekt when you chase through all their bullkitten in RS. Also, EU.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

I play a condi Mesmer. No I don’t play Chronomancer. ( Nor do I play PU stealth Mesmer ) The thought of starting and seeing it nerfed into the ground is too sickening. Maybe, if I see that ANET allows it to be viable I’ll take it up later.

IN balanced your build shouldnt exist so be thankful to anet that they are letting you play. Condi mesmers shutdown melee dps to the point of having always 99.9% chances to win 1v1 vs this type of build.

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

(edited by Mefiq.7039)

Reaper is OP

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

I wished they showed poster MMR to filter out these out of the norm scenarios

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus