Reapers Rumble

Reapers Rumble

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

It puts conquest to shame, and it was only a semi-balanced minigame for a holiday event.

These are the kind of maps that should be added to the browser! MOBA, Capture the Quaggan, Deathball. We get that you’re trying to keep it simple for balance reasons, but is there any reason why these can’t be browser-only until the kinks are worked out? Seriously, nobody would mind if tournaments had a stricter map cycle if there were more gametypes available.

As it stands right now, I’m thinking that their decision was to use the Keep Lord/Chieftain/Treb to spice the maps up while keeping the same format. I personally don’t feel like it’s enough, and conquest gets old to me after a while regardless of side-objectives.

Reapers Rumble

in PvP

Posted by: Stin.9781

Stin.9781

I would like to see Reapers rumble as anytime accesable game, or even a mode sure is fun, and didnt felt zerging spirit there.

Former Devils Inside Thief R43

Reapers Rumble

in PvP

Posted by: Hadouken.4209

Hadouken.4209

From what I heard, the halloween map was a beta test for the upcoming moba mode they have been planning to add for some time.

Reapers Rumble

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

God i would love them if they actually did this. Id almost feel bad for all the depressed moping and angry viscious anaologies ive been plastering on the forums.

Reapers Rumble

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

I hope they never. EVER. Bring MOBA into this game. I absolutely hate MOBA.

And then if they forced it on me in tPvP I’d just flip out and leave. Can’t stand that stuff.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

Reapers Rumble

in PvP

Posted by: Wreck.2634

Wreck.2634

I hope they add MOBA to Guild Wars 2. It would be a dream come too. Combining my two favorite game genres!

I also very much enjoyed the survival game mode and hope they have plans of implementing it as well in a more permanent fashion.

Both game modes would be awesome in some fashion of PvP!

Reapers Rumble

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

And then if they forced it on me in tPvP I’d just flip out and leave. Can’t stand that stuff.

I can’t see them ever forcing MOBA-style on tPvP in GW2. There are to many intricacies to DotA-like games (BLC is a separate entity, and happens to be my favorite MOBA) that you can’t quite replicate in a game like GW2. It would most assuredly be for fun.

And since it’s for fun, you can just not play them. These sorts of extra game modes are the spice that will keep more casual players interested in the game to support the competitive scene if/when it comes to pass. I’d be careful about hating them too hard.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Reapers Rumble

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

I can’t see them ever forcing MOBA-style on tPvP in GW2. There are to many intricacies to DotA-like games (BLC is a separate entity, and happens to be my favorite MOBA) that you can’t quite replicate in a game like GW2. It would most assuredly be for fun.

And since it’s for fun, you can just not play them. These sorts of extra game modes are the spice that will keep more casual players interested in the game to support the competitive scene if/when it comes to pass. I’d be careful about hating them too hard.

If I could hate them more. I would. Its my least favorite game genre, right next to Nascar racing sims.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

Reapers Rumble

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

If I could hate them more. I would. Its my least favorite game genre, right next to Nascar racing sims.

It’s getting off-topic, but there has to be a story behind this vehement hate, and I wish I knew it. Right now, DotA 2 is easily my favorite game to spectate for a variety of reasons, though I can’t stand LoL. Playing, of course, is a horse of a different color, but I still find it fun to dabble with friends every once in a while.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Reapers Rumble

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

lol, Def, I like DotA and DotA2. I hate LoL about as much as you hate MOBAs.

So I agree, MOBA does not = good, by any measure, but I think it can, and I’m easily fooled several times in a row. (I’ll give anet another chance, though I’m beginning to have alternate theories about what that a stands for.)

Reapers Rumble

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

Conquest: attack/defend points by standing in a circle.
MOBA: attack/defend points by destroying objectives.

Love one, hate the other. Makes perfect sense, and not irrelevant at all to the point of the thread.

Reapers Rumble

in PvP

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

The conquest/domination format is easily put to shame by many others this is one of the biggest problems here.

It was actually the first format in guildwars to completely die, alliance battles, which was a larger scaled conquest, which was also funner than this one.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)

Reapers Rumble

in PvP

Posted by: Tilki.8520

Tilki.8520

lol, Def, I like DotA and DotA2. I hate LoL about as much as you hate MOBAs.

So I agree, MOBA does not = good, by any measure, but I think it can, and I’m easily fooled several times in a row. (I’ll give anet another chance, though I’m beginning to have alternate theories about what that a stands for.)

Lol and Dota is both MOBA genre