Reapers are WAY to tanky

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

Reapers need every bit of tankiness they can get. The simple fact is that they are very slow, easy to kite, and have no way of shielding themselves from damage. They can only sit there and eat it, really.

If you nerf their survivability, they will go from mediocre to garbage.

I am guessing the OP tried to 1v1 a reaper while basically just standing in one spot and seeing who outdamages who.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

Yes, make the mediocre PVP class (and drop dead bottom PVE class) even worse because a noob doesn’t know how to play. Sounds perfect.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

All i can say its a l2p thingy why?

Necro was very ezy to target and get down for long time and ppl just got used to that without even watching what necro is actually doing. Ppl keep attacking when necro pop his spectral armor and doing that necro can get big amounts of lifr force , same goes for the pasive one witch procks on 50%. Next thing lucus swarm ( 5 horn skill) witch gives necro big amounts of lf when u hit multiple targets. PPl still thinks that necro is a ezy target , well its not and deal with that. Necro is far from being OP.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

2 days and the whines have started already… brilliant.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Welcome to the Mesmer/Thief world. Still, with that pull and huge damage and major tankiness…

I don’t think any build should be basically immune to another. Reaper is close to immune to condition Mesmer. That’s not appropriate especially considering the damage output.

Mesmerising Girl

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Welcome to the Mesmer/Thief world. Still, with that pull and huge damage and major tankiness…

I don’t think any build should be basically immune to another. Reaper is close to immune to condition Mesmer. That’s not appropriate especially considering the damage output.

They’re not immune to Mesmer. Only if they land every transfer (the two they have). The reason they destroy condition mesmers is because the Mesmer stacks so many conditions alone and often run very little removal themselves, they basically kill themselves. Necromancer condition application is one of the lowest amongst the classes, and Necro is strongest against people who supply the most conditions to hand back. In a lot of ways is poetic justice. Though I will say, I wouldn’t mind if Necro had fewer transfers and more removal that didn’t require actually landing a hit.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

To everyone else saying Reapers are too tanky: Perhaps, then, you might consider that the “focus the Necro first” strategy might need to be rethought when the Necro is a Reaper? It could do you wonders.

how about we just change reapers instead of changing everyone’s strategy in regards to necros ?

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

To everyone else saying Reapers are too tanky: Perhaps, then, you might consider that the “focus the Necro first” strategy might need to be rethought when the Necro is a Reaper? It could do you wonders.

how about we just change reapers instead of changing everyone’s strategy in regards to necros ?

Yeah, let’s just keep Necromancers as terrible rather than making them not terrible so everyone still knows who is easy to delete. Great argument.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Lol are you seriously saying that “focus the Necro” should continue to be a thing just so people don’t need to learn anything new?

Alright meow, where were we?

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

Lol are you seriously saying that “focus the Necro” should continue to be a thing just so people don’t need to learn anything new?

i’m just saying it’s more reasonable to change the direction your driving instead of making everyone change direction, why should reaper be allowed special treatment ?

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

i’m just saying it’s more reasonable to change the direction your driving instead of making everyone change direction, why should reaper be allowed special treatment ?

For one, because the idea of the new builds is exactly to shake up how classs are played. And secondly, Necros being focused isn’t a direction they took…. It’s a result of them being so easy to lock down and kill. The logic of “focus the Necro” was because they were weak… Not a design decision… >_<

Necro was supposed to be the attrition class!

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Did you literally suggest reapers become a free kill because the majority of the community cant be bothered to learn how to counter a new ‘class’?

Shall we delete revenants while we’re at it

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Basically, everything ronpierce said in this thread…

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

The reaper is proving too tanky in match after match. In this regard there’s another thread that suggests why. Unrelenting Assault is my current rug burn.

Mesmerising Girl

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

The reaper is proving too tanky in match after match. In this regard there’s another thread that suggests why. Unrelenting Assault is my current rug burn.

The biggest issue is there is no internal cooldown on any of those traits.

Get a cele ele or bunker guardian with a reaper and you pretty much have an invincible necromancer.

• Cold Shoulder: Chill lasts longer, and chilled foes deal less damage to you.
    With a Tempest providing protection and frost aura, you got yourself a 53% damage reduction.
    Yeah… A bit extreme damage reduction and chill duration don’t you think? In my opinion it should be:
    Cold Shoulder: When you enter Reapers Shroud gain a Frost Aura for 1 second plus an additional second for each condition on you (max 5 seconds).
  • Blighter’s Boon: Gain life force when you gain a boon. If you are in reaper’s shroud, gain health instead.
    Once again, give it a kitten internal cooldown! 1 second should be PLENTY for this trait.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Get a cele ele or bunker guardian with a reaper and you pretty much have an invincible necromancer.

With a Tempest providing protection and frost aura, you got yourself a 53% damage reduction.
    Yeah… A bit extreme damage reduction and chill duration don’t you think? In my opinion it should be:
    Cold Shoulder: When you enter Reapers Shroud gain a Frost Aura for 1 second plus an additional second for each condition on you (max 5 seconds).
  • Blighter’s Boon: Gain life force when you gain a boon. If you are in reaper’s shroud, gain health instead.
    Once again, give it a kitten internal cooldown! 1 second should be PLENTY for this trait.

Or, you could perhaps try to separate the Reaper and his teammate. Reapers are still quite susceptible to CC, so launches, pulls, Fears, Taunts, etc. will be effective.

Plus, Chilling Victory has a 1 second ICD per target. That’s plenty.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Basically, everything ronpierce said in this thread…

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

Or, you could perhaps try to separate the Reaper and his teammate. Reapers are still quite susceptible to CC, so launches, pulls, Fears, Taunts, etc. will be effective.

Separate the Reaper? Super easy! Except when you are slowed to a crawl.

Seriously though, I watched a Reaper lose all it’s shroud, get buffed and gained all its shroud back as soon as Reaper Shroud recharged 3 times.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Separate the Reaper? Super easy! Except when you are slowed to a crawl.

Seriously though, I watched a Reaper lose all it’s shroud, get buffed and gained all its shroud back as soon as Reaper Shroud recharged 3 times.

So, what you’re saying is that a Reaper with a teammate dedicated to supporting it is much harder to kill than one without.

Duh? Who is this not true for?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Because “focus the necro” was In place due to the fact that we have to fave tank everything. Now we have o e trait that let’s team mates support us we’ll in shroud so ignoring everyone else to focus the easy target down doesn’t work now. That how games change, you either adapt or cry on the forums. Looks like some people made the forums choice.,

When people say l2p, it means learn to play not learn to post.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Samhayn.2385

Blighters boon is a grandmaster trait on a class with low boon generation. That can’t use 6-10 skills well in shroud. Not that big a deal. Your compaint is that it works well when getting support from people with support specs.

So when what ever class you play is getting support its balance but when a necro gets it, nerf time?

What people forget is Reaper is still a necro so not matter how the fight is going we just have to stand there and take it. We still can’t run from a fight or go immune to damage in any way, chill does not effect move abilities you can still just leave the fight.

(edited by Samhayn.2385)

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

Because “focus the necro” was In place due to the fact that we have to fave tank everything. Now we have o e trait that let’s team mates support us we’ll in shroud so ignoring everyone else to focus the easy target down doesn’t work now. That how games change, you either adapt or cry on the forums. Looks like some people made the forums choice.,

You just exactly nailed the problem. The issue is that you CANNOT focus the necromancer, he can go full glass and destroy everyone thanks to the constant supply of boons.

So focus the bunker? HAHAHAHA.

You guys obviously have low MMR, I’m seeing this strategy popping up more than it should, 2 ele’s or bunker guards and 2-3 reaper necromancers just roaming. Waltzing in doing tons of damage and unable to do anything about it. Rotating against it is a complete nightmare because if you don’t burst the bunker before necro’s roam in it’s GG.

Not to mention you can charge your shroud OUTSIDE of combat. Nothing puts you in a worse mood when starting the first teamfight and the necromancers start with ~70% of their shroud.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

meow one twenty.4376

You just exactly nailed the problem. The issue is that you CANNOT focus the necromancer, he can go full glass and destroy everyone thanks to the constant supply of boons.

You guys obviously have low MMR, I’m seeing this strategy popping up more than it should, 2 ele’s or bunker guards and 2-3 reaper necromancers just roaming. Waltzing in doing tons of damage and unable to do anything about it. Rotating against it is a complete nightmare because if you don’t burst the bunker before necro’s roam in it’s GG.

Not to mention you can charge your shroud OUTSIDE of combat. Nothing puts you in a worse mood when starting the first teamfight and the necromancers start with ~70% of their shroud.

This is something Necros have been wanting for a long time now. Without Blighter’s Boon there is just no scaling for team fights, but the healing and LF generation is pretty ridiculous with the right teammates. If they made Blighter’s Boon have a 1 second ICD it might be okay for PvP, but then useless for PvE.

And to some of the Necros, Nightfall + RS 3 makes you far less prone to CC than some of you are saying.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

The point of reaper is that the more people in the fight the better they are supposed to be. It does perfectly fine at that at the moment. The only problem with blighters boon at the moment is the healing portion is to high.
The trait is the direct opposite of altruistic healing but the value is twice as high. Sure this is balanced in a vacuum because of necros lack of self buffing, sure there is spite but that isnt huge and outside that there is nothing.
What needs to happen is the trait needs the healing portion lowered. If you guys actually played necro you would understand that giving this trait an ICD would make it completely useless and it would be the same as putting one of altruistic healing, signet of restoration etc etc.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

meow one twenty.4376

The point of reaper is that the more people in the fight the better they are supposed to be. It does perfectly fine at that at the moment. The only problem with blighters boon at the moment is the healing portion is to high.
The trait is the direct opposite of altruistic healing but the value is twice as high. Sure this is balanced in a vacuum because of necros lack of self buffing, sure there is spite but that isnt huge and outside that there is nothing.
What needs to happen is the trait needs the healing portion lowered. If you guys actually played necro you would understand that giving this trait an ICD would make it completely useless and it would be the same as putting one of altruistic healing, signet of restoration etc etc.

Problem about comparing it to altruistic healing is that a single guard can only output so many boons in a given period of time, and they are all related to one’s own cooldowns, blighters boon has no personal limitations or upkeep. But, yes, you are right that the healing number is twice that of altruistic healing and that may be the problem.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Looks like I’m late to the party for this argument.

Blighter’s boon is a very strong trait to be sure, but its a GM trait. They are supposed to be build defining, and they should provide a reason to take that traitline. Without blighter’s boon, there would be hardly any reason to take reaper at all.

If you gave it an ICD, you’d have to raise the life force generation to 3 or 4% and the healing to 500 for it to still be a GM worthy trait.

Anyway the bottom line is, learn how to play the game better. You only have yourself to blame for not using your CC and brain to kite the reaper into oblvion, since they are very weak to kiting. And trust me, there are more than enough ways to deal with chill on most classes.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

Problem about comparing it to altruistic healing is that a single guard can only output so many boons in a given period of time, and they are all related to one’s own cooldowns, blighters boon has no personal limitations or upkeep. But, yes, you are right that the healing number is twice that of altruistic healing and that may be the problem.

It doesnt have a personal limitation but it needs you to be in a fight with several targets ( it isnt so strong on its own ) and allies that grant loads of boons. If the healing number was lowered a bit then i feel it would be better.

Besides that i feel its actually perfectly fine.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

It’s like the ringer cars that used to be put into demolition derby with heavy ballasting and armor, to amuse the crowd by bashing everything in sight.

-edit- OK it isn’t that bad.. but you need strong language to even get a glance it seems.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Loki.6102

Loki.6102

this is so funny, why werent you guys complaining last bwe? nothing changed about blighters boon and our survivability…

meanwhile in the class forum people are complaining that reaper is to squishy

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I wasn’t complaining until I saw it in pvp. Squishy it definitely is not. I watched a reaper tank 4. There’s no evading and it’s got a high damage (auto?) attack and death shroud to boot…

Mesmerising Girl

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Loki.6102

Loki.6102

there is no evading? lol? cleanse the chill and run away, reapers are strong on point but have little to no mobility and are weak against ranged dps

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Definitely more than a few people fighting a soldier amulet reaper in here and claiming he had high damage to make their argument seem like anything more than a l2p issue.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Forsaker.9213

u guys are funny , rly noobs lern to play insted of complaing on necro . Sry but necro i far from being OP. Ppl got used to free kill necros , ppl dont even pay attencion what necro is doing. Idk how many time i was in 1v1 situation and ppl just face tank eveything. And rly the dmg on necro is not so high. Start using a brain when u fight necri insted of trying to facroll them.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

About the high damage comments on tanky soliders reapers they dont do that much damage. It seems higher than it should because people tend to have this habit of ignoring vulnerability as a condition to cleanse. Combined with Close to death (20% <50%hp trait) it can mean taking an extra 50% damage when blow 50%hp.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Andlat Helsonr.1284

Andlat Helsonr.1284

To be honest, I do not feel all that tanky. Even against a single shatterspike mesmer, even if I am running soldier amulet, I take a ton of punishment. The initial reaction might be provoked by the fact that some locations in PvP provide life force when struck, thus increasing the feeling of tankiness.

The reaper is pretty tanky and devastating when up-close, but whenever you face a good kiter, you are done for since you have no options to catch up to them. I believe that this is fine and an acceptable weakness for a spec which can offer so much up-close. If we nerf its sustain and ability to receive damage, it is going to be just a suboptimal power necro.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Samhayn.2385

So a five man team can capture a point? The reapers could have been soldier amulet and bunkers themselves and still 5 people would put out enough damage to capture a single point.

Blighters boon also let’s us build LF after the match starts if people use skills that give us boons, it’s not free.

But what else should necros expect after three years of almost no rep in high end spvp of course people don’t want to learn to deal with a necro that has the attrition the class was supposed to have.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

necro has way to much sustain. Both my thief and ranger(both valk builds) have high burst and decent sustain. Neither can blow though a valk/soliders nerco and even if we get them low they just reset like an ele would.

It literally feels like playing against the current d/d ele.

The incoming damage feel fine to play agaisnt tho. I feel that is something they got right for sure.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

necro has way to much sustain. Both my thief and ranger(both valk builds) have high burst and decent sustain. Neither can blow though a valk/soliders nerco and even if we get them low they just reset like an ele would.

The incoming damage feel fine to play agaisnt tho. I feel that is something they got right for sure.

And then they say stereotypes arent true and you should be nice to poeple on forums

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Forsaker.9213

Mby try to run some soild build not valc thief LOL

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Samhayn.2385

And then they say stereotypes arent true and you should be nice to poeple on forums

Well if you can’t tunnel vision a necro I to the ground with out thinking about it then the universe is out of kilter. Didn’t you know that?

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Tristan.7430

Tristan.7430

Reaper is melee spec and have almost none mobility. He cant disengage, he must be able to sustain in fight. It should be worst mobility = best sustain

Trist N
Officer in Necro Raiders [NR] | Gandara

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Blighter’s Boon should probably get a 1 second interval or internal cooldown. And maybe it shouldn’t work out of combat. Otherwise, reaper seems fine to me.

Also, reaper has a lot of boon application if you’re spite. It’s all might, but it’s still a lot of boon application for Blighter’s Boon.

No, no, no, no, no x100000. Putting an ICD would make the trait near worthless and would ruin it. And the fact we can finally generate LF out of combat and near the start of the game is a huge HUGE plus for us. Imagine if the Ele started a fight locked out of his attunements, a guardian without his Virtues, a thief with no initiative. That’s what necros have been having to put up with since launch. This finally allows us to use our class mechanic at the beginning of the fight, where as beforehand, it is so easy to focus us down because SHROUD IS OUR ONLY DEFENSE. We don’t have blocks or extra evades, or reflects, or projectile destruction, or stability in base necro. So it was easy for us to be focused down in a team fight because our defensive mechanic is just not there.

I’m fine if they want to nerf the values a little bit, like hell, even 1/2 to 3/4 of what it is now. But putting an ICD on BB is not a good idea.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Andlat Helsonr.1284

Blighter’s Boon should probably get a 1 second interval or internal cooldown. And maybe it shouldn’t work out of combat. Otherwise, reaper seems fine to me.

Also, reaper has a lot of boon application if you’re spite. It’s all might, but it’s still a lot of boon application for Blighter’s Boon.

No, no, no, no, no x100000. Putting an ICD would make the trait near worthless and would ruin it. And the fact we can finally generate LF out of combat and near the start of the game is a huge HUGE plus for us. Imagine if the Ele started a fight locked out of his attunements, a guardian without his Virtues, a thief with no initiative. That’s what necros have been having to put up with since launch. This finally allows us to use our class mechanic at the beginning of the fight, where as beforehand, it is so easy to focus us down because SHROUD IS OUR ONLY DEFENSE. We don’t have blocks or extra evades, or reflects, or projectile destruction, or stability in base necro. So it was easy for us to be focused down in a team fight because our defensive mechanic is just not there.

I’m fine if they want to nerf the values a little bit, like hell, even 1/2 to 3/4 of what it is now. But putting an ICD on BB is not a good idea.

I would be alright if they lower the HP gain by a quarter or a third. More than that would be an overkill, though, since we have no condi removal in shroud and poison would completely shut the trait down. If its current value is ~130 and we bring it down to 100 or 90, poison would bring it down to 60-70 heal per boon, which I would say is reasonable. Maybe if they do it for last beta we will have time to test. What I am afraid of, however, is that we are extremely weak against ranged classes and have nearly no tools to deal with kiting. So if they drop out sustain really low, we would be pretty screwed.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

I would be alright if they lower the HP gain by a quarter or a third. More than that would be an overkill, though, since we have no condi removal in shroud and poison would completely shut the trait down. If its current value is ~130 and we bring it down to 100 or 90, poison would bring it down to 60-70 heal per boon, which I would say is reasonable. Maybe if they do it for last beta we will have time to test. What I am afraid of, however, is that we are extremely weak against ranged classes and have nearly no tools to deal with kiting. So if they drop out sustain really low, we would be pretty screwed.

Getting kited as a reaper? Shroud 5, then 2. Boom, frost aura, now catch whoever is causing you problems and proceed to apply perma chill.
It is easier to catch people as a reaper than a necromancer.

The problem with blighters boon is it’s very situational based thanks to the no ICD. It can underperform based on your team comp or it can make you unbeatable.

• Increase the effects but give it an ICD. I don’t care if reapers heal or gain life force faster but it becomes an issue when your team capitalize on it.
  • Change it to only trigger in combat. Obvious reasons is obvious.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Andlat Helsonr.1284

Getting kited as a reaper? Shroud 5, then 2. Boom, frost aura, now catch whoever is causing you problems and proceed to apply perma chill.
It is easier to catch people as a reaper than a necromancer.

The problem with blighters boon is it’s very situational based thanks to the no ICD. It can underperform based on your team comp or it can make you unbeatable.

• Increase the effects but give it an ICD. I don’t care if reapers heal or gain life force faster but it becomes an issue when your team capitalize on it.
  • Change it to only trigger in combat. Obvious reasons is obvious.

Boom, you closed 600 range. Now what? It is easier to catch people than it is to do so as necromancer, but you have a 1200 range high damage attack as a necromancer in the form of your DS1. It is easy to dodge, but it still forces enemies into playing defensive.

As a reaper, your ranged pressure is gone. You can catch someone on a point but as soon as they use some elevation or stay at a larger range from you, you are done for. Merely looking at your gapclose options in comparison to those of other melee classes should be sufficient to understand how you are fairly limited in your selection.

Now, do not get me wrong, I do not want more gapclose options. I am alright with having a weakness. I just do not want the strength of the spec to be taken away because people do not wish to play differently against it as they would against a regular necro.

I understand that it can be frustrating that you have to take another class into account now instead of steamrolling through it, but at least give it a chance. Calling it the “next DD ele” is absolutely ridiculous as well, considering how much less mobile it is and how much lower its damage output it. Not to mention that it is far more vulnerable to focus. But this is an entirely different discussion that is meant for another thread.

I can agree that decreasing its teamfight effectiveness might be a good idea. I hope that they do not make it too terrible when used by a solo reaper, though.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Samhayn.2385

Watch the live stream again, we are supposed to get better the more enemies we fight. It’s not a flaw it’s a feature.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

meow one twenty.4376

Watch the live stream again, we are supposed to get better the more enemies we fight. It’s not a flaw it’s a feature.

Scaling is with teammates, not enemies. Everyone gets better with more teammates… Reapers just get more-better!

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Well if you can’t tunnel vision a necro I to the ground with out thinking about it then the universe is out of kilter. Didn’t you know that?

Actually after doing some research its not reaper that is the problem with their sustain, it a bug being abused with life force generation and healing while in reaper shroud.

So I retract my statement about soliders/valk/etc and the kit being the problem. The problem is dagger and greatsword can be abused to generate life force from objects that are not breakable.

If the life force generation bug is fixed its more than likely reaper is fine. On certain maps, one of them being the new map; reaper can be basically un killable.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Actually after doing some research its not reaper that is the problem with their sustain, it a bug being abused with life force generation and healing while in reaper shroud.

Except that only happens on maps with destructible objects. Only Khylo and Champion’s Dusk have them all over. Skyhammer has some, but it’s not played that often. Foefire has the lord gates, but you have to be near them to abuse it.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Forsaker.9213

OK LISTEN! the bug is only on Khylo map if i remebre it right and its there since realese of the game , was reported multiple times and nothing happend to fix that. Atm ppl are complaining on necros becouse they have no idea how to deal with them , they face tank every single hit , they keep attacking when necro have spectral armor up and things like that. Well guys its time to lern few things about necros. Bigest problem for reaper is range , every single decent ranger or mesmer shoul be able to kill reaper , ofc if he knows what to do. Its funny becouse for the past 3 years necro was basicly free kill and now when necro actually can stand on point and do some dmg ppl cry that its broken :P