Reason for the Stomp Bug

Reason for the Stomp Bug

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Does it happen because I have change attack to new target enabled, so it tries to stomp my new target instead of stomping who I pressed F on?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Reason for the Stomp Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Its because the person you are trying to stomp has horrible latency. When this happens you gotta move in the direction they were moving before you downed them and try again. If youre in doubt as to where they are, use a projectile or auto attack without moving to “ping” their direction.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Reason for the Stomp Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

To me what is happening is the stomp fails when I am using quickness.

Reason for the Stomp Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Using a ranged attack on the downed enemy will show you their actual location usually (follow the projectile location)

It is a lag/latency issue, it happens alot when people are in mid-jump, or falling from a ledge when being downed.

To me what is happening is the stomp fails when I am using quickness.

Depends on when you activated the stomp, you will speed up the animation, but the timer will remain the same when you activate it before quickness (this is being removed from play on the 26th anyways, so quickness stomps won’t exist anymore)

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Reason for the Stomp Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

I’m of the impression it has something to do with the coding of ’interactions’’ and this cause some sort of desync. PvE communes come to mind at first. This thought process has been even more cemented, imo, b/c the Devs would rather go through and recode which ‘skills+stomps/rezzes’ can even be affected by quickness/slow. I’m no programmer, but it seems like logic and experience support this case.

Reason for the Stomp Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

sometimes the player isn’t down where they appear to be. when I use a movement skill they are somewhere else and I have to cleave the air where they supposedly are.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Reason for the Stomp Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Its because the person you are trying to stomp has horrible latency. When this happens you gotta move in the direction they were moving before you downed them and try again. If youre in doubt as to where they are, use a projectile or auto attack without moving to “ping” their direction.

This isn’t an issue of latency as, after you fail the stomp, you can still cleave the body lying right in front of you. You can even get the stomp on a second or third try after quickness/slow have dissipated. Server desync is much easier to detect client side just by cleaving or dropping AoE in the general area.

Reason for the Stomp Bug

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I like that momentary pause in the middle of a big fight.

Where you wait to see if you really did stomp your opponent.

xD

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Reason for the Stomp Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I have had several stomps fail from what appears to be Quickness, the entire animation completes with the golden ball (the thing that really dictates the stomp not your model) hitting the ground and doesn’t finish. This is not me being unsure as to when the finish should complete, I even don’t move after for a few seconds but the target isn’t stomped.

This could be latency but it is happening FAR more frequently atm than used to.

Reason for the Stomp Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Does it happen because I have change attack to new target enabled, so it tries to stomp my new target instead of stomping who I pressed F on?

There isn’t any one reason for stomps to be bugged. This is one of them, but not the only reason. Don’t change targets if you are using that option.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Reason for the Stomp Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

This isn’t an issue of latency as, after you fail the stomp, you can still cleave the body lying right in front of you. You can even get the stomp on a second or third try after quickness/slow have dissipated. Server desync is much easier to detect client side just by cleaving or dropping AoE in the general area.

Oh I didnt know that. Interesting. Must be embarrassing if it ever happens live on twitch.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Reason for the Stomp Bug

in PvP

Posted by: CombatEvolve.9238

CombatEvolve.9238

Desyncs have caused me so many pains though….

Summer Dawnguard/Taffy The Toymaker
Ehmry Bay loud and proud
Onyx Guard [oG]