Reason why mesmer is dominating

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Not here to call OP or anything, but having looked at the mesmer traits recently (just started learning to play the class) I can’t help but feel the grandmaster traits are just much better thought out than other classes.

I’d say about 2/3rds of the GM traits are genuinely creative and provide a way to alter the playstyle of the class rather than just be a passive % increase or automated effect. These traits are boring!

I main necro, and I’d say the only specialization that has GM traits with the same level of depth as the mesmer ones would be death magic. Maybe. The reaper GM traits are all terrible and passive. Even before the nerf to deathly chill the trait itself, while good ‘flavor’ wise, was a very passive and boring trait. I think most classes should have their GM traits looked at so that:

GM traits – playstyle altering effects
Master traits – cooldown reductions
Adept traits – small bonuses.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Have you not tried power mesmer verses power warrior? They out regenerate mesmer. if mesmer can’t kill one 1 vs 1 imagine the warrior with regen and soothing mist from an ele in group fights. Mesmers right now need those traits. Mesmer, Warrior, and actually all classes need a sustain nerf to balance the game. (Even thief due to their again infinite dodges).

Less damage reducing defense.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

Not really sure what your reply has to do with my post. I’m simply saying Mesmers have a lot of well thought out GM traits that provide depth and playstyles.

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

I’m simply saying Mesmers have a lot of well thought out GM traits that provide depth and playstyles.

Meanwhile on Guardian…

in PvP

Posted by: ds dante.3209

ds dante.3209

Not really sure what your reply has to do with my post. I’m simply saying Mesmers have a lot of well thought out GM traits that provide depth and playstyles.

yeah , he just read “mesmer” and "OP’ and started ranting hahahaha

in PvP

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

12 stacks of torment with stealth, daze, confusion, and boons for the safe stealthy getaway. Idk anet, I’m tired of begging you to ‘fix it’. Torment is too stronk. That is all.

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

take warrior with 24 sec resistance and 880 health gain per second and than we talk…

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

take warrior with 24 sec resistance and 880 health gain per second and than we talk…

Actually, we’ll talk when you bother to read the first post.

in PvP

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Actually the meta mesmer condition build is not dominating predominantly because of the GM traits (with the exception of chronophantasma), it’s more because of:

1. Portal
  2. Moa
  3. Signet of Illusions
  4. Persistence of Memory
Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Actually the meta mesmer condition build is not dominating predominantly because of the GM traits (with the exception of chronophantasma), it’s more because of:

1. Portal
  2. Moa
  3. Signet of Illusions
  4. Persistence of Memory

These are the biggest the issues…the biggest problem is moa is so weak now compared to before thw hot release due to the power creep that occurred

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in PvP

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

can’t the Mesmer just strip the resistance in <2s and then just burst the warrior into oblivion? or are we talking a legendary tier warrior vs an amber Mesmer? If that’s the case then I give it a 50/50 chance.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

can’t the Mesmer just strip the resistance in <2s and then just burst the warrior into oblivion? or are we talking a legendary tier warrior vs an amber Mesmer? If that’s the case then I give it a 50/50 chance.

not with the meta build. but you can just block and kite or go invul or moa or stun… it’s not like the mesmer can’t do anything when resistance is up.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: AivenPrimus.9184

AivenPrimus.9184

Time and time again people(or babies would be way more correct?) make topics about – ‘’mesmers op’‘, ’’how to fix mesmers’’, ‘’pvp is unplayable because of mesmers’’ etc

Most of them are:
1. More or less ignored.
2. Laughed at.
3. Filled with even more whiners.
4. Contains absurd facts.
5. Or eventually closed.

Then how about stop re-posting same topics about ‘’Mesmer this, Mesmer that’’ and …
Deal.With.It. ?

Im sure after a year or so, you will finally figure out how to play against Mesmers…

Day by day, this trend is getting even more amusing.

It is just….adorable..

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

Time and time again people(or babies would be way more correct?) make topics about – ‘’mesmers op’‘, ’’how to fix mesmers’’, ‘’pvp is unplayable because of mesmers’’ etc

Most of them are:
1. More or less ignored.
2. Laughed at.
5. Or eventually closed.

Then how about stop re-posting same topics about ‘’Mesmer this, Mesmer that’’ and …
Deal.With.It. ?

Im sure after a year or so, you will finally figure out how to play against Mesmers…

It is just….adorable..

there is nothing to “deal with”.
chronomancer needs to be nerfed for the sake of balance, not for the sake of whining ir hating or whatever.

i play this game since beta, seen all specs and all metas. i can clearly tell when a build is overperforming in a way that it makes bad players better than they are, and good players close to invincible. meta chronomancer is definitely overtuned, herald too but to a lesser degree.

it’s cute that people like you try to whiteknight the build but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s broken.

as a main ele i offered balance ideas to help balance d/d ele when it was broken. if you can’t do that then you understand nothing about what’s healthy for the scene and what’s not.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Most of them are:
1. More or less ignored.
2. Laughed at.
5. Or eventually closed.

Deal.With.It. ?

It is just….adorable..

Some quotes from you below….

Current Condi Mesmers are Top tier at Dueling…

All I could tell you is, forget about killing them in 1v1, it wont happen vs any ’’decent’’ mesmer.
These past few days I have been auto-piloting(thats right) as a Mesmer from Diamond Tier 1 to now Legendary, and not once I ever felt like losing 1v1 battles, unless I intentionally began to underestimate enemy.

Auto-piloting? Sure class is not OP but hey it can be autopiloted to Legendary.

The amount of crying about Mesmers….
Might as well create a new ocean and call it ‘’Sea of Tears’’

What the heck do you really want?
You cry when wrecked by other profession…
and you cry when your profession is receiving any nerfs…

You want to nerf this, buff that…
What’s next? Are you going to tell everyone what type of crayons you like to use?

All this whining is a pure L2P issue.
There is a clear difference, between amazing and ’’good’’ players when it comes down to be or play against a Mesmer.

L2P issue yet in your words forget about winning a 1v1 vs mesmers?

SMH.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: AivenPrimus.9184

AivenPrimus.9184

@Jekkt,
Too bad for you, but ever since I touched Mesmer,
I play Lockdown Power Shatter exclusively, even without Moa.

Mesmers are simply designed that way, to mess with other people.

And the way they exist now, can be compared to as ’’Hydra’’.
‘’You cut one head off, and another will take it’s place’’
Mesmers have many replaceable abilities, to fill their purpose.

Constant nerfing wont solve anything, either they will become so bad to be replaced by something else, which everyone will complain about or will stay fine enough to still be called ’’overpowered’’.

That is why I am saying to people to ‘’Git Gud’’
There have been a lot of people that are good enough, to know what they are doing and deal with Mesmers, one way or another.

@Spartacus,
Do you honestly believe there are any decent person below Legendary1x?
It was THAT boring to play.

Additionally, Condi mesmer has always been good and effortless spec, even without Chronomancer,
back then, they simply werent ’’that’’ favorable to have in team.

Might as well remove Signet of Humility…who cares?
They will use something else…

(edited by AivenPrimus.9184)

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

@Spartacus,
Do you honestly believe there are any decent person below Legendary1x?
It was THAT boring to play.

you do realise that ANET doesn’t balance just for legendary or ESL level play right? Heck they dont even balance just because of PvP.

If that was the case DH would never ever in a million years had gotten all those Trap nerfs and the most recent True Shot nerf. DH got nerfed due to their effect in WvW and their noob stomping ability in lower tier pvp. Not because they were good at legend level (because they are not)

Its the fact that Mesmer is so dominating by a wide margin in the lower (below legend) tiers is why it needs a nerf.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

not with the meta build. but you can just block and kite or go invul or moa or stun… it’s not like the mesmer can’t do anything when resistance is up.

Ranged > Kiting
Unblockables > Blocks
Stability/Stunbreaks > Stuns
Interrupts > Moa

But that does leave the invulns, though those do allow point decap. Can also double up invuln to cover the Moa. Though Moa can also be dodged XD

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

tell me you can’t interrupt healing signet with 1sec+ cast time..please

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

tell me you can’t interrupt healing signet with 1sec+ cast time..please

Technically it can be cast from beneath stability, or at range/before the chrono has clones up since he has no good ranged CC (shattered clone or slow mid ranged shield stun are as good as it gets). Chaos storm if you want to chance a daze proc, unless they’re running scepter/OH sword which would be the best bet. But of course, stability/stun break, and failing that recast when the interrupt CD is off XD