Reasons to vote yes at the poll by Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

IMO it should be the opposite….ranked que should require you play in a team to encourage community play and guild creation isnt that what a MMO is about…

and let unranked be ONLY solo/duo Que so you can still solo for the lulz when you feel like it…which would create a great environment for solo learning

i see all these posts saying how ranked isnt the place for you to practice or train your competitive potential team…. isnt that the problem… shouldn’t it be?

in PvP

Posted by: Eagelseye.6312

Eagelseye.6312

^ people just dont understand this and so does so called Anet PvP Devs. The PvP is doomed beyond repair with teamQ being taken off now

PvP mail DH and Thief, PvE main Staff Tempest/Druid/PS

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

If you want people to play as a team, you need to encourage them. Forcing them or putting them at a disadvantage for queuing alone, however, will not encourage them to team up but to leave the game instead.
There was a time when this game had a team queue and this queue was as dead as it can get.

in PvP

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

Voting no to solo or duo que implies you play wuth premades and enjoy stomping solo quers with superior organization rather than mechanical skill and adaptability.

I always solo queue and voted no because pvp is teamplay so why would you stop teams from entering? And I’ve probably destroyed as many pre mades as I got destroyed by them so yeah… don’t really think premades are that much of an issue.
Can’t really blame people who want to queue as a team either because let’s face it, randoms can be a pain in the a… If my friends were into pvp I wouldn’t want to bother with randoms either.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

If you want people to play as a team, you need to encourage them. Forcing them or putting them at a disadvantage for queuing alone, however, will not encourage them to team up but to leave the game instead.
There was a time when this game had a team queue and this queue was as dead as it can get.

well there is no encouraging lol you cant team up that’s the issue lol …

there is no incentive to do one or the other….. no its you will play solo lol

and all these people who say oh just team play in unranked i say foo on you reverse the roles and see how salty you would be lol…. to me there is no question that team que should be ranked and solo should be unranked…

how do i come to that conclusion you ask??…. simple tournaments are based on team play….wanna change it…. sure start making tournaments SOLO as well and u just get paired up with whoever the hell mmr puts you with lol bc thats where your so called competive scene is going lol….since everyone is so keen on we have to worry about individual skill in a team game!

in PvP

Posted by: Eagelseye.6312

Eagelseye.6312

Last season in English Premier League, Leicester City won against all odds and proved if a bunch of underrated players play as a “team” then anything is possible. A team game needs to have teams! Individual skills of course matters but if team games are made solo then Basketball, Football, Cricket or any other sport having teams should be played solo like Tennis, Badminton etc!

Why have team games then at all? If not, then please don’t destroy a team game.

Yes make it sure to adhere to the request of the solo players that don’t pitch teams against random solo queers as well. Pitch teams against teams and randoms against randoms.

Not sure why Anet cant do this…

PvP mail DH and Thief, PvE main Staff Tempest/Druid/PS

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Teams play against other teams…no against randoms with no coordination, there is AG, tournament of legends..and other venues for you and your team, stop with the excuses!

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

I voted yes, since soloq was removed i lost more and more pvp friends.

- majority of players are solo, it is fact. Ignoring majority (removal of soloq) for the sake of handful of players (teams) was beyond wrong.
- solo players do need some kind of outlet where they can grow, compete and actually prove their skill so they can form/join teams. Unranked doesn’t provide it. Leagues neither because 1) leagues are glorified reward track that is meant to be grinded 2) too many potatoes (and they are complaining now) that got carried by premades that otherwise can’t stand on their own and are heavy weight in high division. Frankly i know of quite few players (especially AP farmers) that paid gold to get carried to legend.
If as solo player (especially the one, that didn’t play in tourneys yet) tried to find a team right now, what can he say to prove that he can hold his weight? How can he prove he didn’t get carried by premades or simply grinded the title?

- you want to casualy play with few friends and have fun? Unranked provides it all.

- you want to practice for your team or compete with it? Sry, but farming teams of pugs is hardly good practice, nor fun, nor competition. Any respectful team actually organizes skirmishes in private arenas and participate in AG/ESL/WTS etc. Ranked with mixed teams of premades and soloq is not the place for it.

- every single Pro League player i talked to wants soloq back. They don’t do ranked with full premades usually because farming pugs is simply boring and doesn’t provide anything but extra 30 silver in the pocket.

(edited by Shadowstep.6049)