Recent NA ESL Made me <3 Abjured More

in PvP

Posted by: Aeryn.9813

Aeryn.9813

GJ guys for having the most respectable comp (to me at least)

Fantaram – ele
I Hate Dumb Teams – nec

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

First time I’ve ever rooted for Abjured to beat a North American team tbh.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

I agree about them having the most respectable comp. GJ Abjured. Pls adopt me, I give you magic queue times.

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

Yeah well they almost lost the first match

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Yeah well they almost lost the first match

THE EU HERO RETURNS!

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

What? No love for EZ PZ? They surely tried to run with more diversity but was forced to change comp.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

Unfortunately, i missed the match, what was their comp?

in PvP

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

Abjured runs double Rev pretty often. Toker only goes Thief if Thief shines against the other team’s comp… I can’t fully respect any team that has used double rev.

It was still a great match and they played well.

in PvP

Posted by: twojackson.5607

twojackson.5607

All the pro teams are pretty embarassing at the moment. I don’t see any sort of creativity amongst them. And honestly, having faced double revs and bunker teams before, they are pretty easy to kill if you are in fact a good player.

SHADOWJEDI — currently undefeated in over 100 official wager duels.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

All the pro teams are pretty embarassing at the moment. I don’t see any sort of creativity amongst them. And honestly, having faced double revs and bunker teams before, they are pretty easy to kill if you are in fact a good player.

There were plenty of downs. Followed by instant resses.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Abjured runs double Rev pretty often.

But not in competition which is the point. Of course they are going to scrim with it and play ranked and unranked with it, it would be remiss of them not to even if just to get to know the class.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Certainly, Toker’s Thief and Nos’s Necro have suddenly overnight become the manliest forces of good in this meta.

We are a team who plays the strongest comps first, and basing our style around mechanical skill & snowballing second. Since bunker Mesmers were introduced, advantages from mechanical skill are greatly reduced, and carrying momentum is next to impossible.

So, like everyone else, we’ll be practicing the bunker comp, with the intent to be extremely proficient on that.

We are very unhappy about this, as expected, as some of us are quite attached to our classes and roles. Guardian, Warrior, Ranger, Thief, Necro, the list grows, the list of classes that are now handicap material in the wake of the developing competitive meta. The next 2 months are looking extremely dark for both the viewers and players.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Certainly, Toker’s Thief and Nos’s Necro have suddenly overnight become the manliest forces of good in this meta.

We are a team who plays the strongest comps first, and basing our style around mechanical skill & snowballing second. Since bunker Mesmers were introduced, advantages from mechanical skill are greatly reduced, and carrying momentum is next to impossible.

So, like everyone else, we’ll be practicing the bunker comp, with the intent to be extremely proficient on that.

We are very unhappy about this, as expected, as some of us are quite attached to our classes and roles. Guardian, Warrior, Ranger, Thief, Necro, the list grows, the list of classes that are now handicap material in the wake of the developing competitive meta. The next 2 months are looking extremely dark for both the viewers and players.

very cool man for your comments

in PvP

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Well spoken.

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

Good guy Chaith.

That first match vs Final Form was too close. It’s sad that you guys have to now embrace the bunker comp.

Lol I’m an EU guy but love watching Abjured matches. They always put on a great show.

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

We are a team who plays the strongest comps first,

No surprise there, of course your team will go for the cheesiest comp. You forgot to mention how you guys exploit the roster.

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Can’t you, pro players, protest ? Like both teams of each match refusing to fight ?

You could still have a winner by running internal matches to determine the team that will cap a point on stream. That would require trust, while there’s money to win, so I don’t expect much…

But I expect absolutely nothing from Anet for the next 2 months, and that’s just infuriating.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

Dont know wht comp you used but if it had theif in it my respect.

On the other hand exploiting leagues ,even if its not strictly in rules forbiden to do,
need you to run WR,Thief, and pre hot classes -to wash that stain of shame on your team…
P.S.
I’m not for punishing ppl for exploiting leagues,but you guyz are PRO and a winers of last ESL resorting to such tactics is just….

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

You could still have a winner by running internal matches to determine the team that will cap a point on stream. That would require trust, while there’s money to win, so I don’t expect much…

Match fixing.

Yeah it sucks that the meta’s in such a state but if you ask me, a pro team throwing away their principles like this would be a loss for everyone involved.

Nalhadia – Kaineng