Recognition of hardcore, difficult PVPers

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

So theres multiple (not many tho) high ranks who say that it was difficult for them to get their high rank and it should be rewarded with something unique cause they are hardcore.
Problem is that i have checked most of them and i cant find them on any leaderboard, so where the f have they been playing if not in skyhammer farming maps, well maybe they just have been inactive in past few weeks and their rank decayed.
So if you are one of those guys, then post a screenie of PVP statistics and show how much effort you have actually put in achieving your rank, show how much time you have spent facing other teams, show how much time you have spent carrying people in soloque, show how many times you have earned top stats by doing something better than everyone else on team and show that your favourite map isnt skyhammer.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Paraphrasing:

“Let anyone who’s a high rank, and plays countless Solo and Team Queues speak up! If not, then clearly I am right, and that is proof that nobody on the leaderboards is a high rank, and probably farmed countless skyhammer abuse servers!”

Shoo.

An overwhelming majority of the first couple pages of the NA teamqueue leaderboards are 60+ people. And there are a handful of Phoenix players on the first two pages.

Because you asked:

Attachments:

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in PvP

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

mhm.. probly noone read it…

but i do know one in my friends list who is playing every day pvp and is past 70 however that is only one.. and he playes quite long time every day

however i wouldnt say he carried the rounds i teame dup with him..
(hes pretty good nevertheless)

in PvP

Leeto.1570

Ye and how many of them care that 50s will get bumped? Everyone who just got their rank by playing the freaking PVP dont care about it that much, its only the PVE farmers who care about rank so much that they are gonna make 5 topics about how they must have unique reward for it.

Edit: If you want anet to see that there are many people who did actual PVP just for the sake of having high rank then we need more than 1 dude.

(edited by Leeto.1570)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Ye and how many of them care that 50s will get bumped? Everyone who just got their rank by playing the freaking PVP dont care about it that much, its only the PVE farmers who care about rank so much that they are gonna make 5 topics about how they must have unique reward for it.

I see great benefits to making the ranks and achievements achievable, personally I want first and foremost for the game to have more people playing it.

But the small picture issue of rewarding veteran players is also very real and should not be glossed over.

People that hit rank 55 a year ago are relatively few in number, but it’s not a smart idea to tell an MMO player that not only did a year of dedicated gameplay didn’t advance his character in a permament way, but you’ve been actually wittling down the reward chests that everyone else will get on patch day when they get boosted to max rank!

Fair’s fair. Justice should be served, even if it’s the equilivant of a head nod’ from Anet. Call it petty, but that’s the MMO game for you.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Edit: If you want anet to see that there are many people who did actual PVP just for the sake of having high rank then we need more than 1 dude.

Anet doesn’t need this thread to collect data. They already have it.

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

wrong thread, delete pls

in PvP

Leeto.1570

They got data and they got tons of threads from hotjoin farmers, one thread where actual PVPers say that they want rewards for having high rank wont do no harm.

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

They got data and they got tons of threads from hotjoin farmers, one thread where actual PVPers say that they want rewards for having high rank wont do no harm.

They are many threads just like yours, asking for rewards for the dedicated players. One more will do no harm indeed, but it won’t serve any purpose either.

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

come on anet. r70 make it dragon.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Isn’t it sad that so many players like the ones above are going to be robbed of their hard work. Some people just don’t have a heart…

in PvP

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

It would be sadder if new players to pvp showed up and then never showed back up because achievements were too hard to get. With the integration of game modes, there will be an influx of new PvPers which is essential if you want this mode to get the attention it deserves.

How do you make them loyal to the mode if the achievements (which motivate them) are almost unattainable without sacrificing their participation in other game modes they already are interested in PvE and WvW?

There are very few players who will be harmed by this change and they are already addicted to the game mode (and probably need some time in the other game modes frankly). There are a great many who benefit from these changes.

With every nerf there are winners and losers. The issue is which side is greater.

You will never get the rest of the population to play Spvp regularly if the chasm between achievement holders and achievement seekers is too great.

In many ways, they should reset the ranks (which was the original intention) before a lot of people said that is TOO far. Personally, I would have thought that was just right.

So a compromise was made in lowering how hard it is to get the ranks.

For the hardcore PvPer, this is a MUCH better solution than the original which would have wiped away ranks altogether. To some extent that really would have helped bring casuals in. Remember a casual who joins Spvp and enjoys it doesn’t stay casual for long

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

It would be sadder if new players to pvp showed up and then never showed back up because achievements were too hard to get. With the integration of game modes, there will be an influx of new PvPers which is essential if you want this mode to get the attention it deserves.

How do you make them loyal to the mode if the achievements (which motivate them) are almost unattainable without sacrificing their participation in other game modes they already are interested in PvE and WvW?

There are very few players who will be harmed by this change and they are already addicted to the game mode (and probably need some time in the other game modes frankly). There are a great many who benefit from these changes.

With every nerf there are winners and losers. The issue is which side is greater.

You will never get the rest of the population to play Spvp regularly if the chasm between achievement holders and achievement seekers is too great.

In many ways, they should reset the ranks (which was the original intention) before a lot of people said that is TOO far. Personally, I would have thought that was just right.

So a compromise was made in lowering how hard it is to get the ranks.

For the hardcore PvPer, this is a MUCH better solution than the original which would have wiped away ranks altogether. To some extent that really would have helped bring casuals in. Remember a casual who joins Spvp and enjoys it doesn’t stay casual for long

No sorry. I´m a hardcore pvp´er by definition and I want my rank system be shaved to 70 being dragon. Not overwhelmingly nerfed to r55 being dragon.

in PvP

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

But ANET should be willing to lose you as a customer if necessary to get a large number of players anchored into the game mode.

Any change will have some leave and some rejoin.

What I am saying to you is that you simply can’t and shouldn’t win this fight. The real solution was originally to rid everyone of rank almost like a soft reset on spvp. The compromise was to lower ranks. That really is the best you can expect. And if that causes the casual to still think pvp is inaccessible, I would suspect the removal of ranks will indeed be next.

in PvP

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

anet could have gone against the hotjoin and skyhammer farmers
just give everyone for each tournament loss 1000rank points and for a tournament win 1337 rank points… okay or something along those lines of 2000 and keep the rank system or make it steps 45k each
but no they decided hotjoin players should berewarded as well..
thats the only sad thing i can see there

so we wont do much against it just accept it..

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

But ANET should be willing to lose you as a customer if necessary to get a large number of players anchored into the game mode.

Any change will have some leave and some rejoin.

What I am saying to you is that you simply can’t and shouldn’t win this fight. The real solution was originally to rid everyone of rank almost like a soft reset on spvp. The compromise was to lower ranks. That really is the best you can expect. And if that causes the casual to still think pvp is inaccessible, I would suspect the removal of ranks will indeed be next.

What’s wrong with giving a unique mini to r60-70 players?

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

thid guy again Pure SkyFarmer Hero

U said u have more turneys than me?? I think i have few more

http://s28.postimg.org/i16x6vuyk/gw005.jpg

(edited by Forsaker.9213)

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

thid guy again Pure SkyFarmer Hero

U said u have more turneys than me?? I think i have few more

http://postimg.org/image/ds274prp5/

But you are terribad and I can easy you, so what´s the point.
I also got more solo q games and more wins than you Forsaker, come on, you are like the teddy bear of the high ranked players

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

Yeah man u are the best , everyone will say that , keep doing great job farming your rank and carrying noobs in soloq gl.

(edited by Forsaker.9213)

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Are you kidding me? You have like half as many games played as a lot of 70s. By your own logic, why do you think you should be rewarded the same as they are?

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Leeto.1570

Isn’t it sad that so many players like the ones above are going to be robbed of their hard work. Some people just don’t have a heart…

Yes it is a bit sad but then again its funny cause hotjoin farmers like you dont get anything and all your skyhammer farming is for nothing XD
You have made like 10 topics, why you didnt post screenies of your “hard” work?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The solution is to not cap ranks at 80. Let people go as high as they want. This way new rewards can be given the higher someone progresses.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

i think play-reward expectations have been twisted a long way now that we talk about “hard work” and “robbing”. even if competitive and “serious”, still, this is a video game, not an employment or social security.

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

i think play-reward expectations have been twisted a long way now that we talk about “hard work” and “robbing”. even if competitive and “serious”, still, this is a video game, not an employment or social security.

Since ppl paid for the game and spent time on it yes that is a plain robbery…time can be considered money, let’s suppose 1500 hours (Total 3k hours for 2 millions rank points, so 1.2kk over 800k for nothing 55+% of total time..but let’s guess 1500 hours) completely lost at 6-7euros/h (Very low salary) do the math…don’t trust anet and get a part time job instead next time, they’re going to throw you efforts in the trash anyway

(edited by Seifer Thalaen.7869)

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

I’ll just leave this here….

Attachments:

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

what about my friend who has 5 bear rank accounts

lol

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

I just hit 50 rank before the glory removal, and there was time i managed to get (twice) top 100 solo que or top 300 on team queue playing solo. Since its not such big glory rank, its pointless to post picture, but just here to say that i support the idea of lowering rank requirements and think 55+ is just fine. Thinking, i needed little more than a year to get there (with some intervals of not playing), the time spent for that + 5 more from 50 to 55 is perfect for time investment (you can get legendary faster :p). If Skyhammer farmers want some reward, they could get achievemnt worht 1-2-3 points (depends on rank 60-70-80) … so noeone can say it was in vain.

all is vain

(edited by Emapudapus.1307)

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

I just hit 50 rank before the glory removal, and there was time i managed to get (twice) top 100 solo que or top 300 on team queue playing solo. Since its not such big glory rank, its pointless to post picture, but just here to say that i support the idea of lowering rank requirements and think 55+ is just fine. Thinking, i needed little more than a year to get there (with some intervals of not playing), the time spent for that + 5 more from 50 to 55 is perfect for time investment (you can get legendary faster :p). If Skyhammer farmers want some reward, they could get achievemnt worht 1-2-3 points (depends on rank 60-70-80) … so noeone can say it was in vain.

At this stage, I would be happy even with an achievement title, even if it’s 0 points. Throw us a bone Anet!

in PvP

Posted by: Apoteka.6471

Apoteka.6471

At this stage, I would be happy even with an achievement title, even if it’s 0 points. Throw us a bone Anet!

Throw us a bone and show us your screenies please…….

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Just noticed: everyone has as favorite map the FOREST OF NIFLHEL.
(Me too)

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

(Me too)

If you played before the changes to tourneys to any extent then it’s highly likely that your favorite map is forest. It used to be the first round in 3 round tourneys.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

(Me too)

If you played before the changes to tourneys to any extent then it’s highly likely that your favorite map is forest. It used to be the first round in 3 round tourneys.

yeah thats probably the reason, also I love this map and if I sometimes jump into hotjoin to try out new builds, it’s together with foefire the only map i really play (everyone hates you if you try out new stuff in solo/teamQ ^^)

I would love if they give us the option to choose a map to play on in soloQ and teamQ, i hate if spiritwatch or skyham pops up

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in PvP

Posted by: Thoth Divine.8642

Thoth Divine.8642

I’m rank 43 and I support the idea of giving a title or mini-pet to those who reached rank 70+ before april 15.

Blessed Curse – Symbolic DH
Thoth Divine – Power Necro
I Hope You Die – Burst Berserker