Regarding the battle of Kahlo (?)

in PvP

Posted by: SmackMyBird.2386

SmackMyBird.2386

Excuse me if i got the map name wrong, i’m talking about the 3’d round map during free tournaments. Treb map/Kahlo/-insert the proper name here- got the memory of a goldfish when it comes to things like that.

Reason why i make this post, though. I feel (along with many others) that Mesmers have a rather unfair advantage on this map. And nono, don’t get me wrong, this is not a crybaby ragepost about how OP mesmers are. I simply feel that the portal instant trebuchet repair “abuse” is just… plain stupid. Fair enough that certain proffesions excell at certain things on certain maps. But this case is just beyond ridicilous. No other proff in the game can come even close to that kind of utility. Not on any map. I’ve got nothing against the portal spell itself, but that you can walk through it carrying the repair kit is beyond silly, and it quite frankly puts that map entiiirely out of balance so long as a team has a mesmer.

If the two teams are about equal skill and some-what similar set-ups and what not, the team with the mesmer will obviously win. Because there is genuinely no proper way to counter it out, at all.

Let’s look at some ways to halter the treb shooting mesmer:

1. Send X roamer/-whatever- to their treb to either destroy it, or leave the treb on low health, alternatively just stalling the mesmer for as long as he can. Considering how destroying the treb is a massive waste of time since it will be repaired within what, 15-20 seconds?
And killing the mesmer isn’t exactly a proper solution either, sure it sets him back, but he’ll be back on the treb/repairing it instantly before the infiltrator even makes it back to another point. Ontop of that mesmers are one of the absolute hardest jobs to 1v1 if played correctly, especially if Moa is up and running.

2. Have 2 guys constantly gangbang the mesmer as soon as he sets foot near the treb or the kit. Ok, that would stop him entirely. But then your team would be fighting 3v4 on the rest of the map which isnt exactly brilliant either.

Seriously though, does anyone have an effective way to counter this? I can’t think of any way to make it a fair fight unless you have a portal abusing mesmer on your team aswell.

Am i the only one who feels this is pretty ridicilous for a competitive scene?
It puts the map out of balance, because of one proffesion.

Solution; Don’t let the kit be carried through the portals.. ? Seems unfair that they should be able to utilize a skill while holding the kit. (an extremely useful skill for that purpose) while no other proff can perform the likes of it.

So, do you guys agree/disagree? And if you disagree with me, please alaborate. I’d like to hear some way to >effectively< counter it.

in PvP

Posted by: Jadda.1753

Jadda.1753

Yeah I totally agree! I have even seen the mesmer just leave when he notices he will loose the fight and go to the repair kit, wait for me to destroy it then teleport back and repair. Its ridic!

in PvP

Posted by: Sjach Darasv.3729

Sjach Darasv.3729

a properly traited thief can do the same thing, albeit without a teleport. Util stealth and swifteness from using steal on nothing with even more stealth while having the trait move 33% faster while stealthed it only takes me about 15-20 secs to run back a repair kit, add shadowstep to that as well and you pretty much can avoid everyone while doing it. If you know a mesmers on the treb and is going to run to the repair kit and portal back, stay at the treb they portal back you pound their face in and make that portal more or less a wasted cd cause it’s repaired but can’t be used.

~Lone Shadow~

in PvP

SmackMyBird.2386

a properly traited thief can do the same thing, albeit without a teleport. Util stealth and swifteness from using steal on nothing with even more stealth while having the trait move 33% faster while stealthed it only takes me about 15-20 secs to run back a repair kit, add shadowstep to that as well and you pretty much can avoid everyone while doing it. If you know a mesmers on the treb and is going to run to the repair kit and portal back, stay at the treb they portal back you pound their face in and make that portal more or less a wasted cd cause it’s repaired but can’t be used.

Thiefs can’t shadowstep while holding the kit, can they?
Fairly sure that they can’t use steal either?

I know that swiftness and such can be applied before picking it up, but nothing comes even remotely close to the portals. And basicly everything can be killed on the way back to the treb, while holding the kit. That’s the point of it. You become a sitting duck for a while in order to repair a very useful tool on the map. That a mesmer can just braindeadly repair it in a matter of seconds with 0 risk is stupid, there is no arguing with that.

About the part where you leave a guy waiting at their treb. I’m fairly sure that any mesmer with half a brain would atleast look at the horizon if some guy is sitting his trebspot. And just run off to help his team while you have a guy fapping at the destroyed enemy treb. The problem still remains that you cant just stomp the mesmer when he arrives with the kit, mesmers are one of the absolute strongest 1v1 proffesions. Which is why they are so so so so powerful to place on the treb. Even without the portal “abuse” i would place my mesmer team mate there. Just pop moa and you have another 7-8 shots to fire? or just kill him.

in PvP

Sjach Darasv.3729

Thiefs can stealth shadowstep and steal all while holding the kit. Anything that is not a 1-5 skill can be used while holding it actually, if i wanted to i could blow all my cds and be stealthed the entire trip.

[edit]
also with the swiftness and 33% move speed while stealth stacked, thats a 66% increase in movement speed while not being able to be seen, how is that different from facrolling a mesmer portal exactly?

~Lone Shadow~

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

so u think that compare a 1skill-istant-teleport-with-repair-kit for about 10-30k distance is the same that using stealth before taking repair kit, using steal(35-45secs cd) and walk the same distance?

seems legit.

i agree op, portal should not be used this way.

in PvP

Sjach Darasv.3729

Don’t have to use stealth before taking the repair kit. Can use it while you have the repair kit. Pop steal while picking it up, blinding powder just before it wears of and at a 66% move speed it is a relatively short trip to get the treb repaired.

[edit] or if your good enough you could probably jump down use shadowstep from the base of it pop steal and blinding powder to pick up the repair kit and shadowstep back, there is no limit to distance shadowstep travels on shadow return.

~Lone Shadow~

in PvP

SmackMyBird.2386

Thiefs can stealth shadowstep and steal all while holding the kit. Anything that is not a 1-5 skill can be used while holding it actually, if i wanted to i could blow all my cds and be stealthed the entire trip.

[edit]
also with the swiftness and 33% move speed while stealth stacked, thats a 66% increase in movement speed while not being able to be seen, how is that different from facrolling a mesmer portal exactly?

You do realise that speed has a cap, right? You’re not going to be lightning fast because you have a few traits and swift proccs. There’s a cap, and i can’t quite remember how high, but i believe the cap is the off-combat swiftness speed. For instance my Engineer isnt going to run with 260 ~% speed if i pop swiftness and the 2x speed spell from Slick shoes toolbelt.

in PvP

Shukran.4851

Don’t have to use stealth before taking the repair kit. Can use it while you have the repair kit. Pop steal while picking it up, blinding powder just before it wears of and at a 66% move speed it is a relatively short trip to get the treb repaired.

[edit] or if your good enough you could probably jump down use shadowstep from the base of it pop steal and blinding powder to pick up the repair kit and shadowstep back, there is no limit to distance shadowstep travels on shadow return.

do you know that when you are carrying the repair kit your skills are not usable? i mean except F1-4 no other skill can be used. explain how to shadowstep with thief in that mode.
is your main character a mesmer?

in PvP

Sjach Darasv.3729

No my main character is a thief and i shadowstep with the repair kit all the time, i also play a necro. You can’t use the shadowstep return with the sword but when i have the repair kit my f1 is available as are my 6-10.

[edit] my main could be considered the necro since i leveled him to 80 but considering that this is pvp discussion and i have well over 100+ more games on my theif than i do my necro in pvp theif is my main for pvp purposes.

~Lone Shadow~

in PvP

Shukran.4851

No my main character is a thief and i shadowstep with the repair kit all the time, i also play a necro. You can’t use the shadowstep return with the sword but when i have the repair kit my f1 is available as are my 6-10.

[edit] my main could be considered the necro since i leveled him to 80 but considering that this is pvp discussion and i have well over 100+ more games on my theif than i do my necro in pvp theif is my main for pvp purposes.

hmm u put doubts in my mind now. i need to check. but as far as i remember i could not use my utilities.

in PvP

SmackMyBird.2386

If you can use 6-10 while holding the kit you’re bugged to kitten. And if that’s actually the case, then gg trying to compare something that is broken (literally broken as in bugged) to a simply overpowered usage of a different spell.

in PvP

Sjach Darasv.3729

Is it bugged, i got mauled by a guardians 6-10 before when they had the kit, if you can’t use your 6-10 you might be the one that is bugged.

~Lone Shadow~

in PvP

SmackMyBird.2386

Is it bugged, i got mauled by a guardians 6-10 before when they had the kit, if you can’t use your 6-10 you might be the one that is bugged.

Well that’s strange. I can’t seem to use the 6-10 spells on any of my characters (Guardian being one of them), nor can any of my teammates. Care to enlighten me on which spells the guardian was using?

in PvP

Sjach Darasv.3729

Not entierly certain which ones he was using, or i think he might have been bugged like crap because or some other guardian learned to stealth. Think he was smacking me around with an invisible hammer while carrying it, and i know the summon hammer could have been used before hand but with how slow a guardian runs and the damage that came from it, i think he was actually using 1-5 abilities while holding the kit. But I have never had a problem using 6-10 with a kit on my thief. Of course it was in hot join, in tPvP i’m never the one on treb duty with my thief, unless it is killing the enemies.

~Lone Shadow~

in PvP

SmackMyBird.2386

Well i can’t speak in facts here since it’s a fresh game and it can have god knows what bugs. However in my own experience, and my teams, and seeing others running with the kit, 6-10 should be disabled. (while holding it ofcourse, precasting is possible)

So we’re kind of back to square one with the mesmer problem, with the thief thing you mentioned being.. well.. in my own experience not possible. (And even if it was, not even half as effective)

Come on, you can’t disagree that it’s blatantly overpowered for them to be able to use those portals with the kit in hand.

in PvP

Sjach Darasv.3729

it is a bit op but those portals are also on the 7-9 skill slots as well. they don’t just conjure them up from no ability, and they may have disabled 6-10 while holding the kit I don’t know, like i said in tPvP as a thief it’s not my job to handle our treb and in sPvP, treb is only good if the whole team doesn’t come to zerg the one person on it, which they usually do.

~Lone Shadow~

in PvP

SmackMyBird.2386

They put the portals up before they pick it up, they walk into them and poof the treb is instantly repaired. And it’s not exactly a big sacrifice to remove 1 utility spell for the portals, since they will be sitting inside of a treb anyway.

If the team facing the mesmer does zerg the treb with the entire team, it’s a wasted effort. While your team is off playing at the enemy treb they are capping two, if not three points. So you have to try and cap them back, and while you do that the mesmer teleport repairs the treb again in a matter of seconds. It’s just beyond unfair.

in PvP

Shukran.4851

it is a bit op but those portals are also on the 7-9 skill slots as well. they don’t just conjure them up from no ability, and they may have disabled 6-10 while holding the kit I don’t know, like i said in tPvP as a thief it’s not my job to handle our treb and in sPvP, treb is only good if the whole team doesn’t come to zerg the one person on it, which they usually do.

just some facts to explain why it is op. sorry for my english:
map is 5v5, meaning every player counts a lot for the total score. you have one at your trab, they have one to theirs.
if you send someone to destroy treb,opponent team has 1 more member to push some caps; mesmer put portal, goes to repair kit spawn and wait for treb to be destroyed: portal 1 secs time to rebuild. you have a great advantage.
if you are not a mesmer you have to walk for a 10 -15 secs of risky path to catch repair kit, go back and use treb. assuming i am not right with numbers it is at least 10-20 secs of 4v5 with no treb. a great disadvantage.
if you send more than 1 to treb, well you probably lose more than 1 cap.
maybe i missed some tactical points, but it is about it in tourney

in PvP

Sjach Darasv.3729

not sure if it blocks the 6-10 abilities in tourneys or not, sPvP though !http://s1155.photobucket.com/albums/p549/xxxbonezxxx/! Screenshots while holding the repair kit

~Lone Shadow~

in PvP

SmackMyBird.2386

Bump for more input from more sources, i want the 6-10 thing confirmed, as it somewhat changes the topic of this. Even though the portals are still considerably “OP”.

in PvP

Posted by: Neon.5976

Neon.5976

I don’t know about the Mesmer portal issue myself as I have never done it nor have I seen anybody doing it. I rather feel the treb itself is too powerful. The fire rate on it is far too high as is the radius of the projectiles. It can hit the ground nowhere near you and you will still be hit.

in PvP

SmackMyBird.2386

I don’t know about the Mesmer portal issue myself as I have never done it nor have I seen anybody doing it. I rather feel the treb itself is too powerful. The fire rate on it is far too high as is the radius of the projectiles. It can hit the ground nowhere near you and you will still be hit.

What a mesmer can do with the portals is basicly keeping the treb up 95% of the game, as even if you destroy it, it has next to no downtime since they place the portal at the treb, walk to the kit, place the other portal, pick it up and walk through→instant repair.

It’s basicly uncounterable and means that they will have an advantage the entire game.

in PvP

Posted by: RhysSebastian.7651

RhysSebastian.7651

Necromancer has two skills that can help with getting back to the treb quickly with the repair kit. Spectral Walk, after 6 seconds teleports you back to where you started combined with the worm allows a necromancer to essentialy do the same thing, Flaw with that is necromancers arent the greatest duelists in the game

in PvP

Posted by: RustyEyeballs.8927

RustyEyeballs.8927

Ya, I don’t know why this mesmer portal repair hasn’t been fixed yet. It would be easy too, just make the repair kit drop when they go through the portal. It is very overpowered considering how valuable the trebuchet is.