Regular balance patches are appreciated

in PvP

Posted by: Reicta.2178

Reicta.2178

Personally patches like today’s will keep me happy as long as they keep happening regularly. Not everything was balanced but I think it was a step in the right direction, even though some of the changes were just bandaid fixes (rampage).

I’d also love it if Anet would post here more often and let us know they’re reading our feedback.

Anyone else feel the same?

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Yes +1 ANet deserves a praise on this.

Great job the devs! I want to let you know how much we appreciate the regular balance patch!

Please also pass our thanks to the management who approved the more frequent balance schedule too. I know it’s a trade off of something else to get more balance patch out, especially when you guys are in a crunch time for releasing HoT!

Thanks!

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Great patch. A lot of needed bug corrections (mantras, smoke bomb), and good balance decisions (Rampage is still strong, but more situational now). Gg Anet.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Agreed.
Great patch, really surprised they did it before WTS, clap clap on this one.

Good bugfixes:
-blind on shatter going through invul/evades

good nerf/shaves:
-mesmer gs#2 mirror blade back to old 3x —> 2x bounce
-Rampage

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Agreed.

We can’t let Helseth win, can we? A week-long victory stream would make too many players quit the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Bi weekly patches are nice, but they would be better if they actually addressed what people are concerned about.

Nerfed rampage, uh? ok?, warrior was a mid tier or third tier class at best. The big 3 (Mesmer, Eles and Thiefs, remain untouched).

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Bi weekly patches are nice, but they would be better if they actually addressed what people are concerned about.

Nerfed rampage, uh? ok?, warrior was a mid tier or third tier class at best. The big 3 (Mesmer, Eles and Thiefs, remain untouched).

Read the notes.

Mesmer: bugged mantras are fixed, bugged blinds are fixed, Mirror Blade lost one bounce (and therefore deals less damage).

Rampage wasn’t even nerfed. It’s just a more situational skill now, just like the other transforms. Oh, and Rampage warrior is “meta”: a lot of teams use one, oRNG included.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I agree, bug (blinding on shatter) that almost made me quit this game along with mantra recharge bug got fixed. Mes GS got some nerf. Rampage got some nerf as well. THIEVES DIDN’T GET NERFED FOR ONCE HOLY CRAP! I CAN’T BELIEVE MY EYES! D8 /dance

This is might be not most amazing patch (eles still not touched) but it is a good patch! Thank you, whoever implemented this changes!

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Wow, Cynz and I agree. Screenshotting this to show my grandkids.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Agreed.

We can’t let Helseth win, can we? A week-long victory stream would make too many players quit the game.

Helseth is mediocre at best. Honestly having played vs all these people he is one of the worst of all the “esports” tryhards. People like ROM and Fraelina are much much better than him. They are capable of carrying games whereas helseth is honestly worse than a ton of wvwers I have fought against.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Since when was thief something that needed to be nerfed post-patch?

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Reicta.2178

Reicta.2178

I am happy to hear others are actually happy with this too. Try to keep on topic…this thread is to show Anet we appreciate frequent balance and communication and want them to keep it up.

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

I like that they are doing patches like this. They are really great for constantly updating balance. The problem I hope I don’t see with these patches is with changes like this:

Spinal Shivers: fixed a bug where the tooltip said this was unblockable.

Is this just a patch on a bug you didn’t want to fix? Was the skill not originally supposed to be unblockable? Are you actually gonna fix skills like this to be useful because no one runs it currently? Basically, I’m worried they are going to fix bugs and small things, but never get to fixing all the weak utilities, weapons, and traits in the game. Like why not also reduce the cast time to 3/4 seconds while you did this?

Another example:
Light on your feet: fixed a bug that caused this trait to give a 3 second effect instead of a 4 second effect.

How bout actually fixing shortbow to be useful while your at it? I’m glad to see balance patches like this, but I think the focus needs to be on the broken/weak skills more than the meta stuff.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

Today’s update has made my engie less grumpy.

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

rj range always did seem needlessly low, and its still lower than teleprt with no disjointing and no invuln and worse uphill ascending

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Totally agreed. I really appreciate small balance patches like this. Keep ’em coming!

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I do hope to see more frequent patches. That being said, if we could have some of the balance devs visibly hanging out around the class forums it would be greatly appreciated. Warrior is in the state it is mostly due to poor trait locations and a lack of baseline Fast Hands.

If Mesmer can get a GM trait moved to baseline because it is considered a must-have, I feel the same should apply to Warrior with a minor trait that locks every build into that one Spec line.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Helseth is mediocre at best. Honestly having played vs all these people he is one of the worst of all the “esports” tryhards. People like ROM and Fraelina are much much better than him. They are capable of carrying games whereas helseth is honestly worse than a ton of wvwers I have fought against.

Sure Henry, you played with them.

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Warrior is in the state it is

Rather meta you mean?

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I’m not sure if I’m more disappointed that someone decided to drag personal drama into this thread or grateful that an appreciation thread will actually get some bumps.

in PvP

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Not 100% sure why this patch is getting so much praise.

Mesmers were barely touched, just bug fixes and barely noticable damage nerfs on traits that were fine as they were, and bouncing blades, which is ok i guess? less damage over-all on the class is nice, but still kittenting out damage in pvp for little effort.

Warriors rampage only received a 30 second increase on it’s cooldown which is negated if you take the trait that reduces physical abilities anyway, still has a stupid amount of CC and damage, albeit for 5 seconds less (yay!)

Rangers were in dire need of some buffs, so what does anet throw them? “Here have a bit more range on everything, get it, range, cos you’re RANGErs”.

It’s nice that we’re getting patches and such, don’t get me wrong, but it’s just a band-aid fix because all the devs are focused on HoT.. Which they shouldn’t be, there should be some still focusing on the core game and listening to feedback regarding balance and throwing these patches out more swiftly, this is just a band-aid to hold us over, because let’s be honest, damage is out of control on some classes and barely any damage changes were made, just bug fixes and a bit of range thrown into some abilities.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Warrior is in the state it is

Rather meta you mean?

Only brought for Rampage, which was just toned down. With the absurd amount of blind flying around, and the general strength of Mes/Ele, Warrior is obsolete.

What does Warrior do better than Guardian? CC? Easily mitigated by the aforementioned blind. Support? Shouts were nerfed and even if you count the new heal as a overall buff, it’s easily interrupted and if you go Shouts you’re going to have to be pure support. Oh, and Guards are better bunkers. Mediguards can also trait so that they bring decent support and damage.

So yah, Warriors are in a dire state once people start learning to counter Rampage (which wasn’t hard before, but even easier now), there will be little to no reason to have one on your team.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Hi, thieves are not in the same league as mesmers and eles.

I will confess that I hated that June 23 patch overall (engie related). However, since I think positive, one of the things I liked about it was that fewer brain-dead thieves queued for matches.

Recently, thieves that ended up in my team were actually competent!!!

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

I think this was an unfinished patch. Ele nerfs and warrior compe sations werent done yet. Happy to see an update nonetheless