Reintroducing celestial amulet with a nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Fizwitz.8240

Fizwitz.8240

What would people think about reintroducing celestial amulet except with a slight nerf to it so that it doesn’t have such a high stat pool.

Before it gave +560 to 7 stats which gave a total stat pool of 3920 compared to 3220 from 4 stat amulets and 3000 from 3 stat amulets. If they brought down each stat from 560 to 500. It would give 3500 which would still be higher than the total stats of 3 and 4 stat amulets but not by as much. The number can be changed to be less if people still think it would be too powerful but I don’t think it would be used nearly as much as before it was taken out because of the new amulets that were introduced. It could also help create build variety.

A list of stat pools between 4 stat amulets (3220) and what celestial was before it was removed (3920).
460 to each stat: 3220 (equivalent to 4 stat)
470 to each stat: 3290
475 to each stat: 3325
480 to each stat: 3360
490 to each stat: 3430
500 to each stat: 3500
510 to each stat: 3570
520 to each stat: 3640
525 to each stat: 3675
530 to each stat: 3710
540 to each stat: 3780
550 to each stat: 3850
560 to each stat: 3920 (celestial amulet before it was removed)

Ekonai

(edited by Fizwitz.8240)

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I’m going to say no thank you… I’m not against it coming back, but without Cele amulet there has been so many viable builds pop up where you can actually choose what sort of role you want to play and not just equipping a cele amulet and stacking might.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Anhomedog.7968

Anhomedog.7968

Maybe I just want it back cause I play Elementalist, but I want some damage back…. Clerics is getting old

Ride the Lightning: Movement speed adjustments
no longer affect the intended travel distance.
-The Pros at ANET

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

I’m going to say no thank you… I’m not against it coming back, but without Cele amulet there has been so many viable builds pop up where you can actually choose what sort of role you want to play and not just equipping a cele amulet and stacking might.

This is less because celestial was removed and more because ANet added non-kittened 4-stat amulets.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I support the proposal. Bring celestial back, but shave it down a bit. More versatility is better than less. Now the build options are getting way too limited. Almost every profession requires you to pick up the elite spec to be competitive, thus you can “select” only between 2 trait trees and most of the runes are garbage, thus the amount of real competitive choices is actually surprisingly narrow.

Previously one big fun was to invent and test new builds, now that fun is almost all gone.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I play ele, but i donĀ“t want it back. But i woudl like a more flexible system annyway that splits weapon, armor and amulet.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Reintroducing celestial won’t solve the elementalist core issue which are complete lack of defensive mechanics, all you can ever do is sheer healing power burst to pass through the carnage throwed at you, ele need more evasive skill/block utilities so that you can pick non healing power amulets in all comfort without gimping yourself

in PvP

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Reintroducing celestial won’t solve the elementalist core issue which are complete lack of defensive mechanics, all you can ever do is sheer healing power burst to pass through the carnage throwed at you, ele need more evasive skill/block utilities so that you can pick non healing power amulets in all comfort without gimping yourself

Oddly ele has many defensive mechanics, (protection from earth overload, cantrips, combo fields on water, and shock fields, various skills that block or lower damage). The class has tones of these tools. However, it has them just on long cooldowns, and the only way to really sustain long enough to use them are defensive amulets like clerics, cele and the like.

Ele just needs some cooldown reduction on key skills such as arcane shield, armor of earth, mist form, etc and better access to fields that it can combo(again certain skills could use a reduction).

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

nope. better is gone

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Oddly ele has many defensive mechanics, (protection from earth overload, cantrips, combo fields on water, and shock fields, various skills that block or lower damage). The class has tones of these tools. However, it has them just on long cooldowns, and the only way to really sustain long enough to use them are defensive amulets like clerics, cele and the like.

Ele just needs some cooldown reduction on key skills such as arcane shield, armor of earth, mist form, etc and better access to fields that it can combo(again certain skills could use a reduction).

That’s a good analysis and you’re right, the class is plagued by extremely long CD on many skills, making it impossible to sustain yourself against other professions that enjoy far smaller CD on their skills…but if you try to present it that way, people will just use the “20 skills” excuse so…

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Maybe I just want it back cause I play Elementalist, but I want some damage back…. Clerics is getting old

Same here.

Removing cele really only hurt ele and only in build diversity. (still strong, but less different builds, at least some different weapons were viable last season, now it’s just dagger/focus).

Scrapper and necro would still use pala/marauder/merc anyways, maybe druid would run cele, but it would be similar in playstyle to the builds most druids play now. Other classes would’ve likely not use cele amu.

I’d be fine with a 500 stat cele. Hell, atm. I’d even take 450.

OR

they could just buff the healing in the lower healing power amounts of the ele, you know, like on the scrapper, where the healing is already ridiculous with 0 healing power on stats. Or they could give the ele some trait to buff healing power a bit.

….I just wanna play sth. with a bit of dmg again on my ele. :P

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

The problem of the celestial will remain still if nerfed, expecially for the elementalist.
The main problem wasn’t that grant a little more bonus than the other amulets, the problem was that was able to make a class extremly versatile like the ele a hyper bunker with the damage stats of a dps.

I’m ok if you add back the cele, but you have to make all the classes totally unable to stack more than 12 stack of might by himself during a fight. Expecially about eles.

But ANet will never make a rework like that, then add back the celestial will only restore the old ele dictature and remove all the actual build diversity.

Yes, play only a cleric to be the best is bad, but there’s still different good builds and Roles you can try.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

The problem of the celestial will remain still if nerfed, expecially for the elementalist.
The main problem wasn’t that grant a little more bonus than the other amulets, the problem was that was able to make a class extremly versatile like the ele a hyper bunker with the damage stats of a dps.

I’m ok if you add back the cele, but you have to make all the classes totally unable to stack more than 12 stack of might by himself during a fight. Expecially about eles.

But ANet will never make a rework like that, then add back the celestial will only restore the old ele dictature and remove all the actual build diversity.

Yes, play only a cleric to be the best is bad, but there’s still different good builds and Roles you can try.

- Ele never had the dps of a clear dps-dealer, it won the 1v1’s because it could outsustain other builds. Ele basically only really won 1v1’s when it directly countered the other build (like against necro, because of diamond skin), or against pure dps classes with very low sustain, which shouldn’t really 1v1 anyways, only in rare instances when they hardcounter a certain build for whatever reason.

- Mightstacking can be dealth with better now because of more and better boonremoval.

- Other mightstacking classes like engi would likely still use pala/marauders amu, since the trend for scrappers atm is towards more dps and since they don’t need the healing power.

- Druid might benefit from cele amu and can mightstack pretty will, but it’ll likely be similar in strength as menders amu, maybe even worse.

- Necro can mightstack too, but will likely still use merc.

The mightstacking argument really isn’t valid as a reason against reintroducing cele. It’s really all about the ele just needing the toughness+vita+healing power to make any builds that aren’t just pure bunkers/support.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

- Ele never had the dps of a clear dps-dealer, it won the 1v1’s because it could outsustain other builds. Ele basically only really won 1v1’s when it directly countered the other build (like against necro, because of diamond skin), or against pure dps classes with very low sustain, which shouldn’t really 1v1 anyways, only in rare instances when they hardcounter a certain build for whatever reason.

- Mightstacking can be dealth with better now because of more and better boonremoval.

- Other mightstacking classes like engi would likely still use pala/marauders amu, since the trend for scrappers atm is towards more dps and since they don’t need the healing power.

- Druid might benefit from cele amu and can mightstack pretty will, but it’ll likely be similar in strength as menders amu, maybe even worse.

- Necro can mightstack too, but will likely still use merc.

The mightstacking argument really isn’t valid as a reason against reintroducing cele. It’s really all about the ele just needing the toughness+vita+healing power to make any builds that aren’t just pure bunkers/support.

You’re using logic against arguments on gw2 pvp forum?
As long as they see your profession in the dirt and theirs on faceroll status…that’s all that matters and they will do/say anything to keep it that way

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

build a dps ele and play that instead then

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

No celestial, no ty. I hope i will never see that cancer in any form again.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Supreme.3164

build a dps ele and play that instead then

At this point why try hard at that level when you can play a scrapper and act like celestial never went away? or a reaper and play the game with one hand?