Reluctance to add dire

Reluctance to add dire

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Proof that Anet knows condition damage is too good for their potential survivability? Can we get another review at condition formulas?

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

Reluctance to add dire

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

These threads are so sad.

Attachments:

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Reluctance to add dire

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

not sure about u guys but I don’t wanna play against immortal necros. theyre not adding dire because of necros.

Reluctance to add dire

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

not sure about u guys but I don’t wanna play against immortal necros. theyre not adding dire because of necros.

Which is funny because condi necros isn’t a good build.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Reluctance to add dire

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Honestly, I’d love for them to add dire….but not until burning has been nerfed and some of the others brought up.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Reluctance to add dire

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Reluctance to add dire

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

As an Ele I’d love dire stats. Could make a full condi ele build viable, maybe with signets, or tempest with shouts.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

Reluctance to add dire

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

and you know that condi dire wouldn’t work for 1v1’ing and bunkering how exactly?

Reluctance to add dire

in PvP

Posted by: vox.9027

vox.9027

They can’t add Dire stats to PvP because condition damage is based off one stat, whereas physical damage is based off Power, Precision and Ferocity. Simply put you would be getting exponentially more bang for your buck stat wise. For example Berserker amulets would have to look like 1200 Power, 900 Precision, 900 Ferocity, 900 Toughness, 900 Vitality to compete – and lets not kid ourselves, that looks OP as kitten.

The formulas currently seem fine and there is easy counterplay (cleansing), to burning and other burst just like there is to physical damage (blocking).

TLDR Dire doesn’t have a place in PvP.

Reluctance to add dire

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I think Necros would be the least problematic of Dire builds, tbh.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Reluctance to add dire

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Have you tried playing it after the scepter buffs?

Reluctance to add dire

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

They can’t add Dire stats to PvP because condition damage is based off one stat, whereas physical damage is based off Power, Precision and Ferocity. Simply put you would be getting exponentially more bang for your buck stat wise. For example Berserker amulets would have to look like 1200 Power, 900 Precision, 900 Ferocity, 900 Toughness, 900 Vitality to compete – and lets not kid ourselves, that looks OP as kitten.

TLDR Dire doesn’t have a place in PvP.

There is one problem with your assumption: you assume that condition builds with dire armor does the same damage as power builds with berserker armor which it doesn’t.

EverythingOP

Reluctance to add dire

in PvP

Sagat.3285

I’ve played and gave my feedback already. The lack of LF gain on OH dagger is still there, they’ve reduced max LF gain from Feast of Corruption, Grasping Dead used to have 3 stacks of bleed anyway, Lingering Curse is even more trash, Terror doesn’t feel rewarding and strong enough, you still rely on corrupt and transfer, Dhuumfire is still wet with Life Blast, Master of Terror competes with Vital Persistence etc.

As for condi necro possibly being MM and a simple soldier d/WH would outshine anything a necro with scepter could just having a scepter means you are not bunker. Condi Reaper can’t use Spite losing uptime boons for Blighter’s Boon and damage pressure it also relies on CPC and inaccurate Whirl Bolts,MoC is competing with Terror and reaper barely has fear of it’s own. Deathly Chill competes with etc.

Just going dire makes you lose Plague Sending or Engi IP etc. This supposed godliness of condi dire gear is false I understand perplexity but that is more of mesmer issue.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Reluctance to add dire

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

I’ve played and gave my feedback already. The lack of LF gain on OH dagger is still there, they’ve reduced max LF gain from Feast of Corruption, Grasping Dead used to have 3 stacks of bleed anyway, Lingering Curse is even more trash, Terror doesn’t feel rewarding and strong enough, you still rely on corrupt and transfer, Dhuumfire is still wet with Life Blast, Master of Terror competes with Vital Persistence etc.

As for condi necro possibly being MM and a simple soldier d/WH would outshine anything a necro with scepter could just having a scepter means you are not bunker. Condi Reaper can’t use Spite losing uptime boons for Blighter’s Boon and damage pressure it also relies on CPC and inaccurate Whirl Bolts,MoC is competing with Terror and reaper barely has fear of it’s own. Deathly Chill competes with etc.

Just going dire makes you lose Plague Sending or Engi IP etc. This supposed godliness of condi dire gear is false I understand perplexity but that is more of mesmer issue.

This is the pvp forum, I’m not talking about dire gear,but condi nec in general, sorry if my previous comment was misleading.

You were trying to make an outdated condi nec work btw. Terrormancer is dead, you have to move on, you have to focus on boon corruption and signets, similar to cele nec. Also LC is the worst curses GM trait, you need WS.

(edited by witcher.3197)

Reluctance to add dire

in PvP

Sagat.3285

This is the pvp forum, I’m not talking about dire gear,but condi nec in general, sorry if my previous comment was misleading.

You were trying to make an outdated condi nec work btw. Terrormancer is dead, you have to move on, you have to focus on boon corruption and signets, similar to cele nec. Also LC is the worst curses GM trait, you need WS.

Exactly not all debuffs do damage neither do all foes have the right boons and dagger majorly outshine scepter I tried that as well funny right? Might as well just play cele instead of rabid or carrion if I could change condi stat on cele I would gladly do so for any other the stat is becoming useless on necro. So when I hear OP dire necro it kind of irritates me.

The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

Reluctance to add dire

in PvP

Posted by: Themistokles.1238

Themistokles.1238

Dire is maybe not the Problem on Necro, but for Burn Engis its awesome. Dire is a full defens Way with Condi and makes it much easyer to play some of the specs.
For high ranked PvP or even tPvP, conditions in general arent the biggest problem. But ArenNet also has to think about the lower tiers and the not so good players.
So in the End, Dire has nothing to do in PvP.