Remove Dailies from Hotjoin

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

No, I’d rather people who only want to do dailies do it in hotjoin. It is working as intended.

in PvP

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Meh. Farmers gonna farm. It’s not like the daily rooms actually hurt anyone. If they want to square dance their way to the pvp daily rewards, who cares? That dragon finisher is meaningless for them. BTW, if the host is in attendance in a particular daily room, they usually move everyone to the winning side right before the match ends so everyone wins.

I don’t think these daily rooms would fall under the jurisdiction of the rules of conduct you cited because the matches are not ranked. How do you manipulate rankings in an unranked contest?

Also, think about what getting rid of hotjoin would do the experiences of the more serious spvpers. I would be pretty upset if I had a couple of these daily farmers on my team in an arena match. They would probably just do the minimum to get their dailies done and then just afk at spawn. Better to let them have their own little kiddie pool so they can’t spoil the fun of the big kids.

Osu

(edited by Osu.6307)

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

they should just remove the option to do dailies in private arenas

and reduce rank points in those private arenas so rank farm gets turned down and players who do that have to farm 10x longer to get their 100% undeserved ranks

i still just cant believe why anet accepts this rank farm in private arenas that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with PvP….
its basically an exploit to some extend in my opinion

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in PvP

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

Another thread about taking rewards from hotjoin lol, I know that makes at least 3 this month alone. I honestly don’t understand why people feel so bothered by the way someone else plays when it has absolutely no bearing on them whatsoever lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

they should just remove the option to do dailies in private arenas

and reduce rank points in those private arenas so rank farm gets turned down and players who do that have to farm 10x longer to get their 100% undeserved ranks

i still just cant believe why anet accepts this rank farm in private arenas that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with PvP….
its basically an exploit to some extend in my opinion

ANet always tolerated too much when it comes to stuff like this, sadly.

in PvP

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

This is unnecessary, as it hurts no one. It seems to me that being bothered by this is just an example of giving into control freak tendencies.

in PvP

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

All they need to do is change the “win as x class” daily to “win a match.”

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

This is unnecessary, as it hurts no one. It seems to me that being bothered by this is just an example of giving into control freak tendencies.

But it does because it spreads the player pool thin.

It’s also like saying I should get the rewards of killing tequatl by killing some random mob in queensdale.

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

The people who play in hotjoin, don’t want to play unranked or ranked sPvP. Making that their only option will not improve the game for anyone.

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

The people who play in hotjoin, don’t want to play unranked or ranked sPvP. Making that their only option will not improve the game for anyone.

This.

Assuming that they would begin to play unranked/ranked is nothing but speculation with no evidence to support it. It would hurt people without helping anyone, just seems selfish to me.

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

Yes for god sake please take away all reward from hotjoin and make it a place solely for practice. Win trading should not be allow. In other game win trading is a bannable orfence and it should not be encourage. If player do not want to learn pvp just stick to pve. Anet please reapond to this thread why is win trading allow its a kind of exploit utilise by lazy people that don’t want to pvp. I thought anet you guys is trying your best to encourage pvp this kind of exploit would do more harm in the long run

(edited by princode.2750)

in PvP

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

It is not a good idea to remove daily from hot joint because if it can’t be completed there, players will join arenas. So imagine a lot of new/casual/non-competitive/testing build players in arenas…
If daily can be completed in hot join, these players will not affect the most competitive aspect of arenas.
Btw, hot joins need to be fixed, but not this way.

(edited by Coelho Nat.4697)

in PvP

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

Lol we talking about dailies? . . . dailies!? Not ranked match manipulating, but dailies?

(hopefully someone gets the reference lol)

in PvP

Celtic Lady.3729

It is not a good idea to remove daily from hot joint because if it can’t be completed there, players will join arenas. So imagine a lot of new/casual/non-competitive/testing build players in arenas…

This. You do not want people doing their dailies in competitive maps. What a mess and headache that would be.

in PvP

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

a lot of people salty about getting banned from daily arenas for trolling, it seems.

They already do that, you get significantly less rank points and there’s a hard cap on how much you can advance a reward track per day in custom arenas.

in PvP

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

they should remove all reward and daily from hotjoin until they can address the issue of win trading

in PvP

Posted by: sercommander.6817

sercommander.6817

1. Sure, do so. I will just do the bare minimum to get cap/def/kill dailies. And with class win i will afk if i see that situation is not in my teams favour and pushing it is too bothersome. I did just that before hotjoins – and zero badgers were given to what my teammates told me or what they felt.
2. Nerfing hotjoins is not needed anymore – you get less reward due to sheer time needed to get it. For example you need 2 hours+ to get 2-3g +60 tokens + weapon, thats 4 full runs in pug AC for example (18g + 720 tokens /or 1-2 weapons +leftover tokens/ or 2-3 armors + leftover tokens). Un/ranked is mych more rewarding timewise if you have more than 55% wins. And its soon will be the only viable path to get dungeon collections because of the dungeon reward nerf – people will stop doing them, and finding a party now is such a pain, even buddies/guildies refuse to do them already.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I know a lot of people who would simply not do anything PvP related than join the childish cesspool of idiocy that is PvP.

Be glad that the few that would play PvP afterwards aren’t being forced to as the chances are they will hunt the daily then afk till the end.

in PvP

Posted by: sercommander.6817

sercommander.6817

they should remove all reward and daily from hotjoin until they can address the issue of win trading

Go ahead, i will farm defeat 500 points in un/ranked then my way and sure many more will do so. I will just use move+use 1-10 macro or will tinker with my lego set to make a mechanical button pusher. You can rage then all you want if you happen on the same team as me – there will not be anyone to read it in front of the screen. And its no use reporting – i am not obliged to win or make effort. Just the same as standing in world boss/event zone – being afk definetly hurts the event participators due to scaling, but its my personal buisness whether to participate or fool around.

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

This. You do not want people doing their dailies in competitive maps. What a mess and headache that would be.

You can easily get the dailies by playing normally. I often get them all the first game I play.

in PvP

meow one twenty.4376

You can easily get the dailies by playing normally. I often get them all the first game I play.

That’s if they want to play normally. There are quite a few people who have no interest in playing with a “win” mentality.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

Big NO for daily farmers into ranked/unranked. They used to harm matchmaking but since they mostly moved to custom arenas the issue has resolved.

in PvP

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

LOL dedicated arena for dailys sounds just terribly time consuming. I make my daily in one join, unless i am unlucky and get cortyard and they have a cap-daily, but never the less it is done and over with very shortly.
Having to find a daily server, waiting for players, organize players and everything just to avoid a pvp match, well i am fine with that, those people should probably not play pvp anyway

in PvP

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

All they need to do is change the “win as x class” daily to “win a match.”

Yeah and make it specifically: “win a match in unranked or ranked arena”.

in PvP

Celtic Lady.3729

That’s if they want to play normally. There are quite a few people who have no interest in playing with a “win” mentality.

You are missing the point here. Non-PvPers do not want to play normally and so they do not do so. You do not want them doing this in anything other than meaningless hotjoins where they don’t interfere with actual pvpers that care.

in PvP

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

I’d rather not be playing with these people in Unranked, let them do their dailies in peace in Custom / Hot-Join. I seriously doubt anyone is farming their ranks in those arenas and if they are… still don’t care. This isn’t a game where that crap matters.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaken.4215

Forsaken.4215

Hold on wait we had solo queue what happened still waiting for proper reply been a year i beleive

kenjutsu

in PvP

meow one twenty.4376

You are missing the point here. Non-PvPers do not want to play normally and so they do not do so. You do not want them doing this in anything other than meaningless hotjoins where they don’t interfere with actual pvpers that care.

Yes, that’s what im saying…

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

Ok so if they play like crap just to get their dailies, they’ll lose and always be at the bottom of the league system.

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

They really should change the dailies though.

I want to see the dailies be

Win as Elementalist, Mesmer, or Necro

Win as Thief, Ranger, or Engineer

Win as Guardian, Warrior, or Revenant

No other dailies.