Remove Tank Meta

Remove Tank Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

All anyone ever does is bring tanky bs to matches, they roll rev or aura ele and they take 0 damage, do almost no damage themselves and all there skills revolve around cleansing conditions, raising dead people and healing.

It makes the fights drag on forever, (like in season 1) its boring to watch and play, and if your team doesn’t have one in your party and the other does, you lose.

at least if were going to soloq make it so that, it ensures that both teams have one of these healer/tank builds on there party or get rid of them and eliminate vit, toughness and healing power from the amulets.

aka. “The Complainer”

Remove Tank Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

This can’t be serious.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Remove Tank Meta

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

From what I have seen there is no tank/bunker meta any more. The only true bunker support build I see regularly is tempest but that can be killed very easily if you interrupt the heal after they have already used their invuln skill. Sure Druids and scrappers can survive a lot of damage, but they are by no means a bunker build and 1v1 fights do not last very long from my experience unless both players play almost flawlessly. In this meta, what I have found is that fights can be over in seconds if you fail to dodge an important skill. So I really don’t understand how the OP could have had almost the opposite experience to me.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Remove Tank Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

There is no bunker meta.

1 cleric amulet into a COMP is not a bunker META.

To counter a cleric build, you need poisons + cc chain + condies.

Reaper condi meta counter ele.

Scrapper CC counter ele.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Remove Tank Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

OP, please go ahead and make a thread complaining about how you are on a lose streak and that it’s very unfair for anet to do this to such an expert pvper such as yourself.

Remove Tank Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

OP, please go ahead and make a thread complaining about how you are on a lose streak and that it’s very unfair for anet to do this to such an expert pvper such as yourself.

I’m already sapphire, fyi

aka. “The Complainer”

Remove Tank Meta

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I’ve actually had an ele fight that we both just walked away from because clearly neither of us was going to die as I did lots of damage, but he could take tons, and he did no damage and I could take a bit. It was litterally a circle each other for 7 min affair.

Remove Tank Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I’ve actually had an ele fight that we both just walked away from because clearly neither of us was going to die as I did lots of damage, but he could take tons, and he did no damage and I could take a bit. It was litterally a circle each other for 7 min affair.

I can guarantee that at least one of you was doing a horrible mistake.

And if it was a duel why would you take a bunker?

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Remove Tank Meta

in PvP

shion.2084

I was just having fun since the opponent seemed really tanky and had shrugged off a lot in earlier play. So when I had a chance at him one on one I figured I’d see how well he held up. Now our team was winning, and this guy was not on point, so I was willing to tie up the opposing teams bunker with some time wasting since his other team mates were not very effective.

Perhaps I am a miserable player in not being able to beat an ele, but I just could not down the fellow. To be fair since he wasn’t guarding point, he was moving a lot and we had a very wide open area. This likely changes dynamics from a battle where you kinda want one foot on point.

So what would you suggest was the horrible mistake.

Remove Tank Meta

in PvP

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

Looks like Season 1 had a huge impact on you. But rev wasn’t ever a tank, not even then. Wake up please.

Remove Tank Meta

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

I was just having fun since the opponent seemed really tanky and had shrugged off a lot in earlier play. So when I had a chance at him one on one I figured I’d see how well he held up. Now our team was winning, and this guy was not on point , so I was willing to tie up the opposing teams bunker with some time wasting since his other team mates were not very effective.

Perhaps I am a miserable player in not being able to beat an ele, but I just could not down the fellow. To be fair since he wasn’t guarding point , he was moving a lot and we had a very wide open area. This likely changes dynamics from a battle where you kinda want one foot on point.

Any other questions?

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Remove Tank Meta

in PvP

shion.2084

I was just having fun since the opponent seemed really tanky and had shrugged off a lot in earlier play. So when I had a chance at him one on one I figured I’d see how well he held up. Now our team was winning, and this guy was not on point , so I was willing to tie up the opposing teams bunker with some time wasting since his other team mates were not very effective.

Perhaps I am a miserable player in not being able to beat an ele, but I just could not down the fellow. To be fair since he wasn’t guarding point , he was moving a lot and we had a very wide open area. This likely changes dynamics from a battle where you kinda want one foot on point.

Any other questions?

So is your belief is that if you can stalemate a fight, but the fight area is double your typically sized cap point then you are not a tank?

I would say the area we used was not larger than foefire mid. So if it had taken place there then would it have made a difference to you?

Remove Tank Meta

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

Any other questions?

So is your belief is that if you can stalemate a fight, but the fight area is double your typically sized cap point then you are not a tank?

I would say the area we used was not larger than foefire mid. So if it had taken place there then would it have made a difference to you?

Ofc fighting on point would have made a difference if he had it capped in his favor and you were fighting him there it would have been your mistake.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Remove Tank Meta

in PvP

shion.2084

Any other questions?

Ofc fighting on point would have made a difference if he had it capped in his favor and you were fighting him there it would have been your mistake.

But the mistake would be irrelevant with respect to him being a tank or not. Which was the issues originally being discussed.

You see if there were no tanks then I couldn’t possibly have made a mistake challenging one for point

Remove Tank Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Fess.3125

Fess.3125

+1 on OP’s suggestion. People in here seem to have never played an other game but GW2. Most fights take forever. You can even make many mistakes. One player can not kill me if I don’t mess up hard, even if they are full zerker Warrior/thief…

E-Sports at an high level is not only about having good mechanics, but about punishing the enemie for every mistakes he makes [LoL, Dota, CS:GO (real competetive games)].

GW2 PvP in its current state allows to many mistakes to be a serios e-sports game. It is mainly about teamplay, close to nothing about the individual skill. I think that ratio should be 50/50 like in other competetive games.

This is my opinion. I know there will be some fanboys crying who can not reach anything in an other game, but here they get to feel as if they were good cause no skill is needed to be at the top (if you claim legend as top, not esl finals).

Remove Tank Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Perhaps I am a miserable player in not being able to beat an ele, but I just could not down the fellow. To be fair since he wasn’t guarding point, he was moving a lot and we had a very wide open area. This likely changes dynamics from a battle where you kinda want one foot on point.

He said one of you was making a mistake, not that you were. In this case, this bunker Ele was busy fighting you off point at a time when his team was losing and needed his support. They weren’t getting his support that they clearly needed to stage a comeback because he was off fighting a meaningless one on one with you.

You did fine. When you control more points than the other team, there’s nothing wrong with tying up/distracting their players off point. The Ele here was the one who cost his team.

Remove Tank Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Try http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAseTn8cCVDhVdCeDB8DhlGi6aY3yAAbCiguUe4T+nH-TpBFAB9XGQgDBABPAAAOCA6s/QbnAAA on a guard or

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncTB1XhlXBeeBEqilJjKc7Smwieur79W8ZKgAA-TpgTABAs/wwlBAA on an engineer.

The healing values shown are actually lower then their actual numbers.

The only thing that can really pose a threat to them is a condi reaper with a decent amount of boon corrupt. Anything else they can generally 1v2 quite easily for quite a while until help comes.