Remove Trapper runes in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

DH with good both close and long range damage, a lot of HP(survivability) and now perma stealth is something no game needs. Remove these runes from kitten game.

No wonder Collin quit, simple logical mistake is easily overlooked here.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

in PvP

Posted by: Lukas.7159

Lukas.7159

Tbh trapper runes are extremely bad on DH, cause if you put down a trap you get insta revealed anyway after an enemy steps in and the only benefits from the rune are #4 and #6, the rest is basically useless

i personally would use pack or the good old traveler rune, cause you have no acces to swiftness (iirc) and that extra movement speed is nice for kiting

StereoElectro & Dance On M D M A

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

A lot of HP? O_O

And trapper runes are not really that good on DH… they are however very nice on redux trap ranger.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Hardly perma stealth…

They were pretty awesome for Ranger, DH broke them and ruined it for other trap classes. When they first hit pvp it was 4 sec of stealth per trap

While we are on the subject, does anyone think they got those elite specs backwards.
Ranger elite should be Dragonhunter
Gaurdian elite should be Druid

(edited by R O C.6574)

in PvP

R O C.6574

Tbh trapper runes are extremely bad on DH, cause if you put down a trap you get insta revealed anyway after an enemy steps in and the only benefits from the rune are #4 and #6, the rest is basically useless

i personally would use pack or the good old traveler rune, cause you have no acces to swiftness (iirc) and that extra movement speed is nice for kiting

Have you tried evasion runes on dh? Swiftness & fury on dodge

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

LOL, and the he said “lots of HP”

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

Trapper rune is bad for DH, not just because of the stealth but also because it’s counter productive to what the kitten DH is supposed to be doing, holding a point. Everty time he is stealthed the DH is losing the point letting it get capped or decapped.

in PvP

Posted by: Lukas.7159

Lukas.7159

Have you tried evasion runes on dh? Swiftness & fury on dodge

well you get enough fury from the trait monk’s focus anyway + basically from teammates also

but the rune could also work, for sure

Trapper rune is bad for DH, not just because of the stealth but also because it’s counter productive to what the kitten DH is supposed to be doing, holding a point. Everty time he is stealthed the DH is losing the point letting it get capped or decapped.

since when is a DH a tanky class that can stand on node? neither ie he supposed to take 1-1s

StereoElectro & Dance On M D M A

in PvP

Crimson Shi.5047

Because it’s a body meant to dispute the point, idc if he’s not tanky he can still dispute the point but can’t do that stealth. But before this goes further lets just agree to disagree mkay?

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Who does still use trapper runes on DH? Not high ranked people atleast from my experience.

in PvP

R O C.6574

trapper runes were awesome for ranger when they gave 4 seconds of stealth, but everyone was crying about it so they nerfed the duration down to 2 seconds, imo 2 seconds won’t give enough time to reposition so you end up burning through all your traps to get a decent amount of stealth/superspeed. Not worth it any more, but apparently these runes still work in hotjoin :P

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

trapper runes are fine.

the dh will still die anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Lots of hp? what?

Trapper is fine, just eat the dragon maw or whirling blade and reveal them or dont and eat the trueshot. #WorkingAsIntended

This studio, some of the dumbest designs ive seen in my life but ill still keep playing. On my 3rd main since my last 2 were made irrelevant. One day maybe it will all make sense and ill realize that this was all part of some genius master plan way above my intelligence.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

LOL, and the he said “lots of HP”

Next they will demmand HP nerf on guardian, because we have healing power and blocks, even if some stats are useless on class that should make a good use of them.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

Because it’s a body meant to dispute the point, idc if he’s not tanky he can still dispute the point but can’t do that stealth. But before this goes further lets just agree to disagree mkay?

that’s not how you win an argument

and dropping offpoint to survive is much better than staying on the point and dying, even if you get decapped

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

in PvP

R O C.6574

DH 4 sec stealth can grind and burst. 2 sec stealth not so much

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

trapper runes sucks ball for DH, can u tell us in what division u see DH with trapper runes OP?

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Crimson Shi.5047

that’s not how you win an argument

and dropping offpoint to survive is much better than staying on the point and dying, even if you get decapped

Yea it is cause that’s stupid, if you get 2v1 by all means run, but in a 1v1 you are already giving up the point just by going stealth? What does that do exactly? You are letting them decap, and if you drop to add insult to injury you just lost precious seconds already by letting them decap it as if you weren’t even there. Let thieves or mesmers do that, not guardians. Not to mention you lose out on the dps just by going that rune.

in PvP

Posted by: verskore.4312

verskore.4312

lol everytime I see DH on enemy team with trapper runes I have a good laugh cus I know my chances of winning the game are elevated by 20%. Ow and DH lots of hp? cmon man are you still amber or something?

D/F ele