Remove down state from PvP/WvW

in PvP

Posted by: Curby.4897

Curby.4897

I am getting sooo sick and tired of people who rally off of something random.

I have solod outnumbered fights several times, I cannot down them yet because I am still dealing with the final one, then all of a sudden, they all rally up from a random npc that rolls in and by then I am low hp with cd’s because I am beating up the last guy and they all dog pile me and I die.

Anet if yer determined to get yer precious gem sales then you won’t need to worry because instead of this stupid down state for PvP/WvW for finishers, make the finisher pop up when you kill someone.

If you’re dead, you’re dead. You took a Killshot to the face with full endurance you deserve to stay dead. Remove downed state and make finisher proc from a kill not an execute.

in PvP

Posted by: Zhou.3605

Zhou.3605

Seriously…. cry me a river. If they are downed, stake them, if you can’t then maybe go play something else. A stake takes what, about 5 seconds? People like you just need to go play WoW or some backward thinking game that fits your tactics.

in PvP

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I am getting sooo sick and tired of people who rally off of something random.

I have solod outnumbered fights several times, I cannot down them yet because I am still dealing with the final one, then all of a sudden, they all rally up from a random npc that rolls in and by then I am low hp with cd’s because I am beating up the last guy and they all dog pile me and I die.

Anet if yer determined to get yer precious gem sales then you won’t need to worry because instead of this stupid down state for PvP/WvW for finishers, make the finisher pop up when you kill someone.

If you’re dead, you’re dead. You took a Killshot to the face with full endurance you deserve to stay dead. Remove downed state and make finisher proc from a kill not an execute.

Well your problem could be solved by:

• Remove “random” NPCs. This meaning mostly the yellow mobs on the maps. This would still allow you to rally off of a Veteran.
  • Make rallying require a player kill. This would still allow you to rally in a group v group situation.

One thing that I like about the Downed state is that it gives you an option to show mercy. That is, you can down someone and walk away. While this is mainly used in dueling, it can also be used to be a “nice guy”.

Also, stomping is a fairly important mechanic in itself, as there are professions that are better at it than others.

in PvP

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

The downed mechanic is just dumb. I’ve never liked it at all. It was implemented to give a player a “second chance”, but it really just hinders them. In reality, it discourages people, because it makes them feel like they did something wrong, and most fights in gw2 make you go down in 1-shot anyway. It should be removed entirely.

in PvP

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Really, what is so bad about it? It adds a bit more challenge in outnumbered fights. And if you rally up, you get to come out with a vengeance.

in PvP

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

Really, what is so bad about it? It adds a bit more challenge in outnumbered fights. And if you rally up, you get to come out with a vengeance.

You would normally think being outnumbered adds already enough challenge with, you know, being outnumbered and such.
Apparently not

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

in PvP

Posted by: J Season.9156

J Season.9156

Mistake #1: bringing Anet, Gems, and finishers into the mix. It really just muddles the suggestion and makes this thread look trolly.

Mistake #2: “If you’re dead, you’re dead,” is very true. Downed state is not dead. If I “took a kill shot to the face” and you didn’t stomp me before I rallied, clearly you either took too long or were unable to… in which case I would most certainly deserve to rally.

Anet if yer determined to get yer precious […]

Mistake #3: The repetitive use of the troll spelling of “you’re” and “your,” makes this thread sound almost more trolly than mistake #1.

Mistake #4: the forum code of conduct reads:

• Read the forum before asking a question. There’s a good chance your question has already been answered.
  • Use the search function before posting. This will focus the discussion and facilitate a response.
  • Avoid frivolous and duplicate postings.
  • Do not submit “trolling” posts or threads.

Here’s a thread I found in about 5 seconds of doing a search:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Downed-state-s-Place-in-the-game/
It handled this same suggestion quite well and didn’t violate any of the above, also, since it existed before this thread did, this one is a duplicate.

Baumchen

in PvP

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Seeing how some skills can burst serious damage (one backstab can slice off half the target’s health) I think it’s perfectly fair to give people a chance to rally…

in PvP

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

No. I love the downed mechanic in this game.

It could be worse, you know? Someone in a downed state could see a rabbit – kill it – then rally off of that. Could be much worse.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

in PvP

Posted by: aliksyian.7642

aliksyian.7642

I don’t mind the downed state, but it is really annoying when you down someone and their tanky buddy with stability and protection revives them before you can stomp or interrupt them. I’d probably make reviving easily interruptable.

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Downstate is necessary to prevent pvp from becoming mostly all zerk builds or tanks builds with spike potential like eviscerate warriors.

Everyone would play Yolo min max sustain dps style. You’d see things like shadow arts max burst thieves, dps guards, and lame things like that. Support would be an afterthought bcs it wouldn’t matter.

The game is balanced around the down state existing. Traits and runes would have to be reworked too. It’d be all about connecting coordinated bursts and fight would domino more quickly than they already do.

I can go on and on about the foreseeable impacts, but It’s only a good idea if you want to remove depth from combat by reducing the importance of support, thereby scaling ANet’s idea of a trinity even further towards being dps heavy.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)