Remove duoqueuers from ranked

in PvP

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

Either that or allow to join as 3 and kitten .

WTF? Why five gets censored? 55555

Great job anet, another thing you cannot even do correctly.

Ok, let’s try it once again.

Remove duoqueuers from ranked, or allow us to join in teams of 3 and 5.

(edited by vove.2768)

in PvP

Posted by: BennyKay.6139

BennyKay.6139

Great job anet, another thing you cannot even do correctly.

Ok, let’s try it once again.

Remove duoqueuers from ranked, or allow us to join in teams of 3 and 5.

lmao i love this post. and agree with it.

Anteater Academy
Tempest | Reaper | DH
Platinum Rated Trash Player

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Post is funny but I don’t agree with it. Solo/Duo is fine and no I don’t always duo q.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

lmao

Gave me a little chuckle irl there, props to you

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

You typed “A” followed by multiple 5’s. Change 5 to S and it’ll make sense.

ANet’s censoring on the forums is pretty Draconian.

in PvP

Posted by: pyrocyborg.4162

pyrocyborg.4162

If you and your partner are good, duo queue only remove one potential bad player out of 4 players in lower divisions. You’ll be able to coordinate your actions better, but this alone will not win the game. It doesn’t change much in higher divisions where hopefully, everyone knows what they are doing. Not a big deal, really.

If they put back 3 and 5 teammembers queues, it should always pit you against a premade. In no circumstances should you be allowed to be against a bunch of random players, even in higher leagues. That of they should create separate leagues for people that play as a team versus duo or solo. Would probably have longer queues and ridiculous matchup sometimes (i.e. a 1200 team versus a 1800 team because there is no one else in queue at the moment): it did exactly that in WoW a few years back, even when PvP seasons were quite popular. Didn’t play recently, so I cannot say if their system got beter.

Maybe next season we could have different queues and personal rating for each type of queues (group or solo/duo).

Btw, lol @ this 5 censoring…

(edited by pyrocyborg.4162)

in PvP

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

Should be solo Q only tbh.

If you want to play with friends there is unranked.

The ONLY reason to want teams in ranked is so you can have an advantage. There is not a single existing valid argument any other way that doesn’t result in “Just play unranked”. If you want organized 5v5 full pro teams you can also setup scrims in a custom arena.

(edited by Master Ketsu.4569)

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Should be solo Q only tbh.

If you want to play with friends there is unranked.

The ONLY reason to want teams in ranked is so you can have an advantage. There is not a single existing valid argument any other way that doesn’t result in “Just play unranked”. If you want organized 5v5 full pro teams you can also setup scrims in a custom arena.

Interesting.

I’d go a step further and say “Ranked is for solo, unranked is for whatever you want, and perhaps a third division for GVG.”

Only tentatively though. I’d like to not fragment the playerbase.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

I would agree and say that we should raise the cap to triple queuing instead of duo. But make it 3 max only. The reason I say this is because with triple queues, there’s somewhat less luck involved in getting bad pugs and if you do, a team of a fully knowledgeable players could possibly carry just by holding two nodes without the other 2 screwing up the strategy. Like if you triple queued, you could have say a two bunker comp with a dps role that can swap between the two on nodes or one bunker and two dps and assign the pugs to a node to assist them. But with duo q, if you get bad pugs who can’t rotate and get greedy by going for triple caps, it stretches out your carrying potential and makes it harder for you to travel between skirmishes. Because if you allow them to get wiped when they’re greedy on triple caps, the other team most likely will Zerg down the next node. This is the main frustration with duo being the maximum at the moment. There is some luck involved.

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I agree. This season is all about who you duo queue with…

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

I don’t think people realize one of the things that goes on when your team of five non duo queue players gets put up against a team that has a duo queue.

Thats actually an indication that the team of 5 solo queuers has a higher mmr rating. The system adjusts for it.

I can see that 5 solo people against a team of 4 or 5 people would be pretty difficult to win against even with a higher MMR average.

However, this is not so with Duo queues as we are outnumbered on our team. So I am sorry I just can’t agree that removing Duo queue would be good for the game or the community. What little teamwork that people are learning would definitely be gone.

Lots of people are talking about Team work and how its worse then ever this season.

For every Action, there is an appropriate reaction, for every Cause an effect.
When you go to Solo Queue/Duo Queue from a Team/Solo Queue environment, you are going to see alot more lone wolf, do not care for thier team mates type.

For me its been great because I often would get matched up against teams of 4/5 because we used to run 3 in our group. Now with two we will never encounter a team with more then that.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

They should just remove Solo Queue and make it a Duo/Trio Queue only since the game mode is designed for organized Team play, which Solo Queue is not. The benefits are more than only having Solo Queue, being you get to play with your friends, you get short Queue times than full premise queues, you can make sure match quality is not atrocious, each side will have equal grouped teams i.e. both sides having a Duo and a Trio.

While Solo Queue is just all negatives, those being not able to play with your friends, atrocious match quality, afkers/griefers/intentional DCs and so on.

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Removing solo queue would be terrible for PvP… If the game mode really was designed for organized team play 5 man queuing would still be an option. There’s a good reason it’s not anymore. They just need to remove duo queue

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Removing solo queue would be terrible for PvP… If the game mode really was designed for organized team play 5 man queuing would still be an option. There’s a good reason it’s not anymore. They just need to remove duo queue

Being able to play this game with a friend is a core part of games. I can’t imagine a game where you are punished for wanting to play it with your friends.

If the same rewards were available in Unranked perhaps it would be a bit more fair but they aren’t.

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

conquest mode is designet for “organized teams”, and that is the reason that only may be playabe in solo or full team mode, in separate modes ofcourse, any form of “premade” is preorganized and mixing it with solos is giving them a terrible advantage that the sistem can calculate truly for the great amount of “false premades”(pugs that they dont know each others and joined together after wining a match to try to exploit this “advantage” or friends that join for trying and only have chitchat in her voicecomm)
for the soloers geting organized whith they randomly encounter is part of the gamemode