Remove hot join contributions from dailies.

in PvP

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

Hot join has always had some level of gamesmanship involved that hurts the overall experience, which I suppose can be expected given the format and the instant nature of it, but I’ve grown tired of players that join the winning team at the last moment to push quick wins. It’s predictable that such players will join given the right circumstances(teams aren’t full, score lopsided, a few minutes elapsed). I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in this sentiment.

The type of players I’m referring to are shameless, they don’t care about the sPvP gaming experience and in fact do their part to lessen it without a second thought. They only want superficial in-game rewards to share with others but that’s another conversation entirely. The main issue is steering these types of players away from hot join. I think a good place to start is to keep any kind of hot join accolades from affecting dailies. If they’re forced to queue then they have to commit to a team and try to win.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

I disagree with this. What would happen (and is already happening to some extent) is that people will wander into arenas on a class they don’t play and ruin the experience for the rest of their team by essentially feeding kills to the enemy team.

A better solution is to fix the teams after a certain threshold (score or time) so that players can no longer join the match if the teams have even numbers. If the numbers are not even, a player can join the outnumbered side and tit will then lock.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

mooty.4560

I disagree with this. What would happen (and is already happening to some extent) is that people will wander into arenas on a class they don’t play and ruin the experience for the rest of their team by essentially feeding kills to the enemy team.

That may count for match participation but it wouldn’t count for wins or anything else. So if you want those daily achievements, you have to actually try.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

That may count for match participation but it wouldn’t count for wins or anything else. So if you want those daily achievements, you have to actually try.

Maybe for a player with some degree of logic, but unfortunately not all players fit into that category and will just spam the queue until they get a team that can carry them.

in PvP

mooty.4560

Maybe for a player with some degree of logic, but unfortunately not all players fit into that category and will just spam the queue until they get a team that can carry them.

Seems to me you get that anyway and players have to start somewhere. It’s also much more taxing to try to get faceroll wins in a queue then it is in hot join. The nature of the queue, wait times, being forced to play a match or not play at all… those things definitely count as a deterrent of sorts.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Seems to me you get that anyway and players have to start somewhere. It’s also much more taxing to try to get faceroll wins in a queue then it is in hot join. The nature of the queue, wait times, being forced to play a match or not play at all… those things definitely count as a deterrent of sorts.

I’m confused as to whether you are agreeing or disagreeing with me here
You are saying that it deters people from getting dailies in arenas, so from one perspective it’s good for arenas that people who only want the dailies are encouraged to get them in hotjoin?

EDIT:
Before we go in a full circle with this, my suggestion was to introduce a threshold after which players cannot join until the next game. This would mean that players have to put in a certain amount of time/effort to actually get the daily.

(edited by Random Weird Guy.3528)

in PvP

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

For the love of all that is sane…. no. Never. Absolutely not.

Why would you ever want daily class to be restricted to ranked/unranked?

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

No.

As others have pointed out, all that this will accomplish is pushing all these Daily hunters into Unranked/Ranked. It will utterly RUIN the PvP experience for the dedicated players. The Daily hunters won’t care; even a loss is still 500 points to them. They’ll just disable Map/Team chat and blissfully continue to fight off point and double cap regardless of what you’re screaming at them. (And if you whisper them, they’ll either ignore you or report you, depending on the language you use.) And they will just keep on re-queuing until they finally get a team that’s good enough to carry them. As long as they make a half-hearted attempt to play, there’s nothing ANet can do about it either; you can’t punish someone for “being bad at PvP”.

Trust me, making Dailies not apply in Hotjoin would be a DISASTROUS move. It’s far better that these players can stick to Hotjoin so they can get their Dailies done and not bother the dedicated PvP crowd.

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Please no, the class stacking is already an issue, I don’t want to have 4 mesmers on my team just because of a daily.

I don’t understand why you complain so much about hotjoin, though. It’ll never be fair because you can just simply leave and lots people don’t like losing so they will abandon their team and it’ll result in an uneven match. You can’t really talk about pvp experience when doing hotjoin, try unranked at least.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

and flood ranked with that crap? yeah no
hj is like only playce you can leave at will, don’t like match up… just leave

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Vert.5041

Vert.5041

Although I can understand you point of view, you have to play hot join understanding that it’s for practice.

It also depends on you attitude. For me, when I play hot join I always go on the team with the lower players because that’s the quickest way to refine your skills. I play with the understanding that I’m doing this so later when I do tpvp with my guild mates I can be more of an asset to them.

Additionally, think of it like this. If today is ele and mesmer day, at the end of a few hot joins you will have had significant experience against those classes (although not like fighting vets of their class, experience none the less).