Remove laurels from pvp

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Or make people who never played before have the worst rating possible. Solo Q is a nightmare atm with all the people with no clue how to play just doing their daily/monthly. This is going to become more common I think.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: kagemitsu.3657

kagemitsu.3657

There’s no pleasing you people, is there?

(on a serious note: I agree.)

(class stronger than mine) is OP. (my class) is underpowered. (classes I beat easily) are fine.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

It will sort itself out in a few days. You at least have people playing right now.

PvP needs a healthy group of casuals playing it.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

It will sort itself out in a few days. You at least have people playing right now.

PvP needs a healthy group of casuals playing it.

Yeh it needs healthy group of players but not with ratings which mean you face full teams of r45 with them.

It is utter bs. And they doing a ladder with this kitten? Whats the point. These teams beating me as solo q didnt “earn” their win. They dont deserve to be rewarded in a ladder and have me punished.

It is utterly ridiculous and criminally flawed.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Make a team and own them then.

Close topic

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Empiren.6401

Empiren.6401

Uh……..this is going to happen EVERY month/reset?

Yeah, im out. Forget tpvp. Not worth the hassle. Its no longer “higher tier play” its just premades stomping pve’ers who came for the laurels.

Why not just give me chest in hot-join for a win, or tickets, make Tpvp obsolete cus right now its more painful to play than any hotjoin game i’ve ever played.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

more people in solo q is a good thing, a certain percentage of them will stick around and pvp.
Making a true solo/duo Q vs team q would alievate a lot of these problems.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Empiren.6401

more people in solo q is a good thing, a certain percentage of them will stick around and pvp.

You really think people will “stick around” when they get stomped by any premade?

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Hence why a true solo Q would alievate a lot of these problems.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Empiren.6401

Hence why a true solo Q would alievate a lot of these problems.

That was the issue since soloque started, not fixed. You’d think this would be matchmaking 101 for devs, guess not.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Make a team and own them then.

Close topic

Missed the point. Stomping and being stomped. Both lame

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

It will get better IMO. MMR needs a population to support itself. It’s no diff the. The last month anyway, teams hit solo players cause of no population.

Get a duo or trio que going and minimize the damage

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

You really think people will “stick around” when they get stomped by any premade?

This.

Alot of the problems would be removed if they just gave noobs a -10000 rating until they prove themselves. This cant be the case now and if it is then the matchmaking is just broken.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Shalla.3967

Shalla.3967

In less than 4 days the monthly will reset and things will sort of be back to normal. I reckon this only happened because the patch came at the end of the month and it didn’t take into account people that had done their pve version of the monthly before it, so they are getting rewarded with laurels by doing the pvp version as well.

In a normal setting, you would only get rewarded for doing one version of the monthly, or so it said in the patch notes.

Shalla
Asura Quagganmancer

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

It will get better IMO. MMR needs a population to support itself. It’s no diff the. The last month anyway, teams hit solo players cause of no population.

Doesnt really solve the problem. Seriously can people stop suggesting “get people to play with”. It is kitten advice. I just want to play and have a fun game. That isnt possible right now. If you are one of those losers who always has to have a full team all on teamspeak then good for you. Some of us dont want to do that but that doesnt mean we deserve to get owned and have no fun.

It is all compounded by the ladder. Cos you know there will be players up the top of the ladder just cos they run in premade all the time. That isnt what a ladder should be. What if they have a football tournament and decided that it was fair to rank players according to their wins. They would have teams with tactics and managers and their players would get rewarded for playing against and beating a team with 5 goalkeepers and 6 under 12 players. It is ridiculous.

The ladder means f all and so does everything in this game right now. Balance is a joke. Basically did the biggest nerf BY FAR seen in this game ON THE WORST CLASS ALREADY. Idiots. Slow and steady and “no whack a mole” unless that whack a mole means deleting the warrior class.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

In less than 4 days the monthly will reset and things will sort of be back to normal. I reckon this only happened because the patch came at the end of the month and it didn’t take into account people that had done their pve version of the monthly before it, so they are getting rewarded with laurels by doing the pvp version as well.

In a normal setting, you would only get rewarded for doing one version of the monthly, or so it said in the patch notes.

people are still going to “mix it up” by doing their daily in pvp sometimes.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Doesnt really solve the problem. Seriously can people stop suggesting “get people to play with”. It is kitten advice. I just want to play and have a fun game. That isnt possible right now. If you are one of those losers who always has to have a full team all on teamspeak then good for you. Some of us dont want to do that but that doesnt mean we deserve to get owned and have no fun.

It is all compounded by the ladder. Cos you know there will be players up the top of the ladder just cos they run in premade all the time. That isnt what a ladder should be. What if they have a football tournament and decided that it was fair to rank players according to their wins. They would have teams with tactics and managers and their players would get rewarded for playing against and beating a team with 5 goalkeepers and 6 under 12 players. It is ridiculous.

The ladder means f all and so does everything in this game right now. Balance is a joke. Basically did the biggest nerf BY FAR seen in this game ON THE WORST CLASS ALREADY. Idiots. Slow and steady and “no whack a mole” unless that whack a mole means deleting the warrior class.

Mate, all I do is solo or very occasionally duo que for tournaments. I support a seperated solo and team ladder, but until then, make do as best you can.

I’m not having too many issues in tournaments as solo at the moment. If anything, the faster pops and full teams is a nice change.

I would like a rank 10 restriction on it though. At least get people to learn where the modes are in hotjoin. It might not achieve much, but it couldnt hurt.

And one last restriction, regardless of whether rank equals skill or not but an algorithm that makes the highest rank in a match no more the. 20 ranks above the lowest. It won’t solve everything but could bring some parity back in.

Regarding balance, no comment. Talking balance in this forum is like every single other MMO or MOBA game, pointless and full of whingers.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Mate, all I do is solo or very occasionally duo que for tournaments. I support a seperated solo and team ladder, but until then, make do as best you can.

I’m not having too many issues in tournaments as solo at the moment. If anything, the faster pops and full teams is a nice change.

I would like a rank 10 restriction on it though. At least get people to learn where the modes are in hotjoin. It might not achieve much, but it couldnt hurt.

And one last restriction, regardless of whether rank equals skill or not but an algorithm that makes the highest rank in a match no more the. 20 ranks above the lowest. It won’t solve everything but could bring some parity back in.

Regarding balance, no comment. Talking balance in this forum is like every single other MMO or MOBA game, pointless and full of whingers.

Ok fair enough.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: squishy.6345

squishy.6345

can we get a laurel to gem conversion if there isnt going to be anything to use for spvp

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Get dyes. Or buy rare mats with them and sell them for gold.

Think outside the box.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Empiren.6401

Uh…….you know each monthly reset you will see MORE people in it than not right?

You get rewarded for both I believe, but thing is pvp monthly is 10x easier than pve.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Laurels for pvp was an excellent, excellent change. Now, just put in a laurels vendor in HotM, and pvp-only items, please. Not that I would spend them for pvp stuff (I’ll need the ascended stats for pve), but I know other people would.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Empiren.6401

Laurels for pvp was an excellent, excellent change. Now, just put in a laurels vendor in HotM, and pvp-only items, please. Not that I would spend them for pvp stuff (I’ll need the ascended stats for pve), but I know other people would.

That is essentially the problem. PvP monthly gives laurels……..for pve.

Its like what if the pve monthly gave laurels for pvp, there would be so much raaaaaage.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: squishy.6345

squishy.6345

Get dyes. Or buy rare mats with them and sell them for gold.

Think outside the box.

yeah i get i can make gold from the dies or crafting mats, but i guess i was hoping for skins or something along that line. Once you have all the chart slots there isnt much left to get

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

It’s not a problem, it’s an incomplete solution. A first step. Keep in mind that there are many players that enjoy to play both pve and pvp. And out of those players, there are also those that don’t have much time to play each day, and used to give priority to pve for the superior dailies.

This won’t create much incentive for pure pvp players, but it should attract a lot of pve/ pvp hybrid players, and even some pve-oriented players who might want to take this opportunity to experiment new game modes.

EDIT: On second thought, this also offers means to make (some) gold out of pvp.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

The source of the problem:

Before the laurel update it was only pvpers doing the tournaments. Even the worst pvper is still better than most pvers, if for no other reason than the fact that they’re more experienced at pvp. Since the alleged implementation of mmr our pvp population has been distributing itself along the mmr range. Now there’s been a influx of players who start at default mmr which is within acceptable bounds of the majority of the population, and so we’ve had awkward matchups.

Mmr systems don’t typically have huge swings in population after an initial population has already settled to some degree.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

What you’re seeing is being compacted into a small time frame since the month is ending.
Come April they’ll be spread out and less of an issue.

The great forum duppy.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Empiren.6401

It’s not a problem, it’s an incomplete solution. A first step. Keep in mind that there are many players that enjoy to play both pve and pvp. And out of those players, there are also those that don’t have much time to play each day, and used to give priority to pve for the superior dailies.

This won’t create much incentive for pure pvp players, but it should attract a lot of pve/ pvp hybrid players, and even some pve-oriented players who might want to take this opportunity to experiment new game modes.

EDIT: On second thought, this also offers means to make (some) gold out of pvp.

YAY!!!!!

Lets attract PVE players to PVP so they can do monthly tournies and then leave!!

Thats essentially what pve players are doing. They join, they get the monthly done, then they leave.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

YAY!!!!!

Lets attract PVE players to PVP so they can do monthly tournies and then leave!!

Thats essentially what pve players are doing. They join, they get the monthly done, then they leave.

And is that a bad thing?

Regardless, like I’ve said, this update does not attracts only (some of) the pure pve players.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Kordos.3629

Kordos.3629

Brilliant idea. Constructive.

More of this, please.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I really don’t get why laurels are rewarded for pvp. Laurels are only used for pve last time I checked. Seems they just want more players to play pvp…

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

Make it one or the other but not both. There are so many PvE Idiots running around tournaments without a single clue how to play its completely ruined the only somewhat skilled portion of the game.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Theplayboy.6417

You get rewarded for both I believe, but thing is pvp monthly is 10x easier than pve.

You need to clarify that it’s 10x faster to attain not 10x easier. There is nothing easier than PvE.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

Theres nothing wrong with them adding laurels to pvp, we asked them to do it anyways.
And soloque was pure agony even before laurels, there are other ways to solve this problem than to remove laurels.

aka Subl

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

its not working as it is suppose to, if you finish one daily (i.e. pve) and get a Laurel you should not get another one by finishing the other daily (PvP). Same thing with monthlies but apparently, at least the monthlies, both gave 10 Laurels after the patch but this should be fixed soon i guess.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

a team with 5 goalkeepers and 6 under 12 players. It is ridiculous.

bahahaha. best image ever.

id pay money to see that.

thugged out since cubscouts

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Empiren.6401

YAY!!!!!

And is that a bad thing?

Regardless, like I’ve said, this update does not attracts only (some of) the pure pve players.

Uh…….yes, yes it is. Not in the sense they join pvp, but they are doing it solely to get pve items then abandon pvp.

Now this brings us back to why, and the main problem is there is no pvp gain for getting laurels that are used for pve only. If they had pvp vendors, that would change.
(seriously, just change the FT-tickets to laurels and make the price 1-2-3, There i Just solved all the problems.)

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Yeah, those people might want to play more, improve etc. and then the SPvP community (which is TPvP and hot join) receives more players, which is needed, ya?

And I can’t see why people would complain if they are easy to dominate in a scrap. The fight should be over fairly quickly. If you SQ and get teamed up with such a bunch, then it’s your own fault for SQ’ing in the first place (you can’t complain about random people, if you went into it knowingly), and the queue might not be working properly yet, so it is hopefully something that will be fixed sooner or later. Pretty sure it isn’t, as our quickly put together pre-made team of r32-35 got into a scrap with r50+, not that rank means how good you are, but only how long you’ve played.

I do feel like there is too much elitism about these kind of threads, not wanting new PvP players to be part of the game, or try it out. It is sad that this is the case.

By the way, the PvP community asked the devs to include laurels as dailies/monthlies, and they obliged. Yay laurels, I say!

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Yes remove something that has increased the spvp population stat! Its hard to believe this is a serious post.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

Yes remove something that has increased the spvp population stat! Its hard to believe this is a serious post.

Most pvers: “I can’t wait to get these 10 laurels then never do pvp again”

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Arkimedes.8730

Arkimedes.8730

You literally made a topic complaining that new people were playing pvp.

You fundamentally don’t understand what makes a game successful.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

We can all see his point, but incentives by nature are needed and a good thing. New players, whether they are generally PvE only will learn. You need 3 tourney wins, so afking isn’t an option really ikittenv5 environment. Sure, it’s going to suck for a while but hey, if only 10% of those players come back next month then the sPvP population has probably doubled.

For those complaining about what to use laurels for, it ties into the complaints about not being able to earn money from sPvP. Use it to buy dyes (always a good thing) or buy mats, sell them then Convert to gems. Save those gems for custom arenas.

Winner right there. Lets not drive away players just for the sake of it and let’s be honest, sPvP needs a population boost no matter now temporary.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Yet another instance of quantity over quality.
Although you’d need actual statistics to confirm this argument, I can say from experience that whoever started playing pvp just for the sake of rewards (that are in essence separate from pvp) will not, for the most part, be sticking around for long once they obtain what they came for.
Seen it all too much on GW during double point events – people that are only ‘in it’ for the rewards don’t really make for a solid player base, and you’re lucky if 10% stick around after. The problem is that once the rewards are gone, the stomping that players who chose to stick around are likely to experience from premades, or generally more exped players, will chase them away relatively fast.

How people still cannot understand that is beyond me. That kind of ‘new player additions’ merely add to the existing frustration of solo’ers because the match making is meow, and make the semi competitive teams yawn, not to mention the rating you obtain from such a mixed arena is a joke. I’d laugh my meow off if competitive ladder in GW was based off RA win/loss ratio, and the ranking gained therein. Biggest self-mockery ever. Free tournaments, implemented in its current form, basicaly promote what is the GW version of syncing (i.e. premades), because there is no clear separation between pugways and premades, despite the many voices crying for separate arenas. The difference is, that kind of practice is established as the norm on GW2, and is apparently completely acceptable to Anet. Pity they ignored the fact matchmaking just doesn’t cut it.

If anyone, in all honesty, believes it is that kind of player that will become the new backbone of pvp, they seriously need a reality check.

Anyhow, if one of the goals was to bring in more players, then AT LEAST add some beginner-friendly hints stating the basic objectives and inadvisable actions when a player first enters a pvp arena, just like they do it in pve with skills and other features. GW has that in every single pvp zone, honestly. Why do you ignore such good practices that come from your own exp, Anet? Baffling.

But hey, many pvpers are quite desperate at this point, so they are likely welcome just about anything.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Shalla.3967

Shalla.3967

Quoting from the patch notes:

“Daily and monthly laurels can be obtained through either PvP or PvE achievements. You cannot earn additional laurels from doing both, players can simply chose to do one or the other. They will still receive all other normal daily/monthly rewards should they chose to do both PvE and PvP achievements.”

So this was clearly unintended and shouldn’t persist with the monthly reset. If it does then yeah, it’s not working as it should be.

Also, most full time pver’s I know try to avoid pvp as if it was the plague, hence why most of them around around rank 1-10. For them, the pvp monthly is not easy nor fun. You have a month to do the achievement and the pve version is easy to get with regular play, just like the pvp one is for us. Even if the pvp version would be easier than it’s pve counterpart, there’s no reward for doing it faster.

I doubt most of these players will be doing the same again for the following months, except for the ones that actually picked up some interest in pvp with this incident and wish to continue practicing and playing it, which, in my opinion, are more than welcome to do so. I reckon the matchmaking and tournament faults are a different issue (such as allowing ranks lower than say 10 to queue up, and matching them with much higher ranked people).

Shalla
Asura Quagganmancer

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I don’t think people really understand what I am saying. If you don’t then try solo queuing and see for yourself. It is just demoralising to be honest. I can’t even be bothered to try hard whilst doing it even in a fair 2v2 or 1v1 or something. Just using solo q to practice new builds and things from now on. And I have played vs full teams very very often as a solo queuer with full on noobs on my team. These full teams will earn rating on the ladder. But they didnt earn their win and I didnt deserve a loss. Ladder = joke. It is better not to have it and if you disagree then you dont solo q. End of story.

And dont tell me “people always blame their teammates but often it is their fault too”. You try beating a PREMADE of rank 50s when you whole team triple caps close point at the start of the game, 1 guy is afk and they are all rank 7. Even with one rank 4 you will lose as you will be outnumbered all over the map.

It is stupid. All the ladder will show is who is the best out of about 20 players who never solo q or have stopped solo q and play in a “team”. It is lame. And downed state means its super hard to win a 2v3 or a 1v2 in this game. So without proper coordination or with just 1 pve hero on your team then your basically going to lose unless your opponents are beyond bad.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

The only good thing about this patch is the laurel pvp changes. Finally we get more people to play with. Was about time to bring pve into pvp

play hard , go pro.

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

As someone who plays both pve and pvp (but mostly the latter), I appreciate the change from a selfish pov.

Also, don’t forget that this can bring new blood to the pvp scene, ppl that might never ever have thought to try this game mode out now might get hooked.

Could keep it to hotjoin only though…

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

I love how this thread proves that players who mindlessly zerg all day in WvW and claim they are better at PvP. Because they think WvW > sPvP in there minds, but come to tPvP and get ROFL stomped by pro players.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

WvW > PvE > keg brawl > sPvP

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Remove laurels from pvp

in PvP

Theplayboy.6417

You literally made a topic complaining that new people were playing pvp.

You fundamentally don’t understand what makes a game successful.

You have it backwards Arkimedes. You’re the one who fundamentally doesn’t understand what makes a Game Successful. All this 10 Extra Laurel Monthly PvP Bug does is push the real sPvP’rs away.

These new people don’t want to be here. They don’t want to play sPvP, they don’t care to learn, and they have very little skill. The only reason they are playing in tournaments is to get their 10 Extra Laurels this month. As soon as they have it, they’re gone.

The massive influx of these players that are playing specifically for Laurels just upsets and frustrates the real sPvP community that plays tournaments on a daily basis. This community is small enough as it is and we’re already bleeding players each week because the lack of support from ANet.

The end result is that the real sPvP’rs quit and then the new Laurel Only PvP’rs get their 3 wins and go back to PvE. At which point sPvP will be left with nothing. This 10 Extra Laurel Bug needs to be corrected ASAP.