Remove profession achievements in ranked

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

These achievements are absolutely detrimental to competitive pvp. They are one of the reasons pvp seasons is so horrible.

IF you have to keep them, restrict them to unranked, so players go there to test out new professions.

Ranked should NEVER have players with less than 10 matches won on the profession they are trying to play.

Better even would be to have to play professions in unranked to “unlock” them for pvp, but Im not hoping for world peace either.

So please, for the love of everything that is holy… remove the achievements from ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

That would be nice. I never understood why the achievements were locked to ranked in the first place.

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Actually i would prefer if the pip ranks would be even bound to the professions – just because someone can play an necro on ruby/diamond/legend level doesn’t mean he van do that with a thief….

in PvP

Posted by: epoc.7941

epoc.7941

Actually i would prefer if the pip ranks would be even bound to the professions – just because someone can play an necro on ruby/diamond/legend level doesn’t mean he van do that with a thief….

This is true. I think Anet wants to go for the whole adjusting comps things tho…but truth is that’s only if you solo que most team ques have good comps already and don’t need to swap.

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Besides swapping isn’t as common. Because i rather play a class i can play with a slight disadvantage instead of a class with an advantage but i can’t play at all.

That’s the reason i play only mesmer/necro in ranked – i know them well.

I would love to play other classes there, but i don’t want to cause loses for my team (that’s why i made those achievements only when i was still in low ranks)

And maybe make the other professions just win half as much pips, that way those who know hiw to play them go up fast – the others would still stay i low ranks

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

YESS!

I would love this i play necro mainly over 6k games lol and im a legendary necro

but on any other class im definetly high ruby low diamond and so basically once i get to legendary on necro im locked out playing other classes least on ranked anyhow (which i want to play on account of there being better rewards and the idea of a progression system thanks to pips) man that would be the dream lol

in PvP

Yasi.9065

Anet leaves it up to you, to risk loosing matches due to playing a profession you arent good at. That would be okay… if rest would compensate for this.

If:
- matchmaking rating would be professionbound (not just influenced….)
- mmr adjustment would compensate for players on your team with less than 100 matches on the profession they played the majority of the match

But tbh, all of this is trying to fix something that shouldnt even be there.

And I mean…. this is horrible when trying to climb up to legendary, because so many players try to multiclass… and only loose matches because of this.

But legendary t1 is an absolute nightmare because of this. So many players reach legendary t1 and start playing for achievements. This frustrates those on those teams that
a) arent legendary yet and
b) want to win.

Whats the result? Of course, after getting those achievements… those achievement hunters wont play anymore… at the same time…those that want to win and want to keep on climbing for prestige… well, they quit also.
If you get placed every single match with someone that has NO CLUE how to play, someone that plays a support tempest like a roamer…. or plays a thief like a bruiser… well, then its no wonder so many loose interest in prestige ranks.

And this situation KILLS pvp. It results in long queue times, it results in lots of toxicity and frustration.

And it is absolutely not needed.

Just restrict those achievements to unranked.

The whole “Year of the bla” achievement thing was a huge mistake, but those profession achievements? They are the absolute worst part of it.

in PvP

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

To be clear, are people here complaining about the profession wins you need for the legendary armor achievement?

If so, then I don’t think any change is necessary. Having the pvp legendary require well-rounded players is reasonable and in line with other legendaries.

Also, an I the only one that changes classes based on my team and the opposing teams class composition? You can basically get your profession wins that way.

Profession mmr seems like a terrible idea. It could be easily gamed, and your mmr would be too spread out over several classes.

in PvP

Yasi.9065

No, its about all profession achievements. Mainly about the daily ones.

And sorry, but… Id rather have 4 good DHs, than a perfect comp of bad players. And players constantly switching arent good, thats just a fact. You will always lack depth if you dont specialize.