Remove solo queue from Conquest

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Conquest is designed around team play and does not work well with MMR and solo queue.

Most of this discussion, that is centered around MMR hell, goes away when you have to be in a group and you can no longer blame the man for keeping you down.

in PvP

Posted by: Arcade.8901

Arcade.8901

Yeah ! Totally agree on that, Anet you should hire that man as soon as possible. He ll be great addition to your team. Such a brilliant idea!

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

Conquest doesn’t properly support solo queue players. There is no accurate way of crediting people with appropriate MMR in its current state. Conquest should be full 5 man teams. Make other content for smaller 3 v 3 and content that properly supports MMR and solo queue.

It looks like this conversation is over your head. Sorry…

in PvP

Arcade.8901

Wow, i completely support you on that matter. After reading forum for few days, i came to conclusion that i don’t really care about sPvP. So such brilliant ideas are not so bad, because i will not be around to actually participate in their further implementation.

in PvP

Posted by: babayum.1895

babayum.1895

Would be a good way to finally kill what is left of the pvp community i suppose… good idea mate!

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Or maybe just give us back soloq?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

Or maybe just give us back soloq?

Or build content that better supports allocation of MMR for solo queue players. Conquest cannot accurately award proper MMR for solo players when MMR is only gained or lost based on winning and losing.

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

because you cant get out of ruby it doesnt mean everybody else should be stripped of soloq pleasure as well

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

This will literally kill pvp.

I know i and with me tons of PvP veterans would quit instantly if this would happen.

Guess you are a PvEer or WvWer and want more resources shifted in that direction

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: jessiestiles.9437

jessiestiles.9437

Wow, i completely support you on that matter. After reading forum for few days, i came to conclusion that i don’t really care about sPvP. So such brilliant ideas are not so bad, because i will not be around to actually participate in their further implementation.

Honestly if they used the same matchmaking as last season would you feel like that? Or would you have grinded your way to legendary and just complained about it in the forum then come back for next season?

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

How about they just make a smarter system so your mmr can be allotted in a better, more meaningful manner.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

because you cant get out of ruby it doesnt mean everybody else should be stripped of soloq pleasure as well

Not in ruby, legendary is too easy to get. The issue is that conquest does not support individual MMR when ranking is based only on winning and losing.

As a matter of fact, I had the luxury of having to carry you a few times.

in PvP

Arcade.8901

Honestly if they used the same matchmaking as last season would you feel like that? Or would you have grinded your way to legendary and just complained about it in the forum then come back for next season?

I m ok with s1 system with dymamic que. About me complaining I do not actually get it. I did legendary in both seasons solo q only. I won’t like any system which is not based on leaderboards and mm which is not based around matching MMR vs MMR.

(edited by Arcade.8901)

in PvP

Lexander.4579

Not in ruby, legendary is too easy to get. The issue is that conquest does not support individual MMR when ranking is based only on winning and losing.

luxury indeed

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Yes right, there are soo many 5 man teams in pvp why is Anet trying so hard to hold on to the pitiful handful of solo players.. I say discard them all and everyone will be better for it!

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

luxury indeed

Let’s recap…far point 1 v 1 against Mesmer, dead thief. Rinse and repeat…seems to be how you like to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Ideally there should be a team and random arena like GW used to. It would indeed make a lot of problems, including the validity of rating, far less important or even disappear.

WvW also use such a rating but I don’t know of any player that will claim his individual WvW rating is that of the server he is on or think his personal rating goes up or down if he transfer up or down. He is, after all, the same player regardless of the server.

For some reason, when the scale become a team (5 v 5), instead of a server, individuals start to attribute to themselves what belong to that collective called team/server.

in PvP

Lexander.4579

luxury indeed

Let’s recap…far point 1 v 1 against Mesmer, dead thief. Rinse and repeat…seems to be how you like to play.

sounds just like how someone can get to legendary

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

If you don’t like soloqueuing why not just not do it?

Are you facing too many 2+1+1+1 teams as a 5man?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

0/10 would read again

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: jessiestiles.9437

jessiestiles.9437

I m ok with s1 system with dymamic que. About me complaining I do not actually get it. I did legendary in both seasons solo q only. I won’t like any system which is not based on leaderboards and mm which is not based around matching MMR vs MMR.

The complaining bit wasn’t a personal dig. I was just assuming you would complain but you’d actually prefer S1 mm. That’s uncommon for legendary player. The best reason is not having MMR vs MMR it makes the game unplayable 21 hours a day.

Oh and on topic as silly as anets decisions are at times they’d never implement this.

(edited by jessiestiles.9437)

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

luxury indeed

Dying in 1 v 1’s is your forte. Next is dying in team fights which is usually followed by dying to NPC’s.

in PvP

Posted by: Cyanon.1928

Cyanon.1928

To be honest, the OP sounds like an Idea that we could expect from ANET staff based on their history.

This is a good example of how dangerous the twisted logic of some ppl can be in the long run.

So if you really want to complete the last step on killing the game mode, just do what the OP says…

L o L

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

To be honest, the OP sounds like an Idea that we could expect from ANET staff based on their history.

This is a good example of how dangerous the twisted logic of some ppl can be in the long run.

So if you really want to complete the last step on killing the game mode, just do what the OP says…

L o L

What he say isn’t bad or false. The problem is we do not have the population to pull it off.

in PvP

Lexander.4579

luxury indeed

Dying in 1 v 1’s is your forte. Next is dying in team fights which is usually followed by dying to NPC’s.

dying to gates is my favorite though

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

League of legends is a heavily team-based game, completely structured around effective team play, strategy, coordination, and cooperation.

Clearly Riot should abolish LoL solo queuing.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

If you force everyone to 5 man queue, the only outcome you’d get is a lot less people playing PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: FOX.3582

FOX.3582

Remove you from this planet.

Man people are freakin stupid…

What does the FOX say¿!

(edited by FOX.3582)

in PvP

Posted by: KreatE.7612

KreatE.7612

spvp would be dead instantly, this game has basically nothing to do as is, itd be the final nail in the coffin

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

I think solo pvp is allready dead. I used to play it non stop for like 3 years and ive quit because its become a joke. WvW is getting reverted back to the way it was why can’t pvp as in solo players vs solo players and team players vs team players. Can’t be that hard that’s the way it was before and it was a lot more fun in those days, now when you enter a game as a solo player team and see that the other team is premade most people give up before it starts because they’ve been playing long enough to know its gonna be a slaughter fest

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

If you force everyone to 5 man queue, the only outcome you’d get is a lot less people playing PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

I would even vote for this change just to see this troll to be the 1st one complaining about queue times.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

I don’t know. I love to queue with my girlfriend. We don’t do VoIP though, we play decent together. I’m sure there are better duos than us. However, this according to ANet is perfectly fine to match us against full 5-man premade)

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

No. That is the last thing that should be done.

What needs to change for soloQ is matchmaking, scoring and progression.

1. Partial teams must go. Either you queue completely solo or use the LFG to get a full team. Full teams will only face full teams, solo teams will only face solo teams. The LFG tool is there for something, if you don’t use it you don’t have the right to complain about how hard it may be to complete your team.
2. Multiple professions have to go for teams of less than 5 players. Right now ranked and unranked only have matches of 5, but if there’s ever added a mode for 10, then there can a few professions repeated, but not for 5.
3. Swapping professions has to go. You log out, all your other characters are disabled, you can go back in only with the one in the match. Rating must consider professions.
4. Because it’ll take ages to make parties if people can’t swap, queue with just one profession and professions are taken into consideration, solo players must be able to queue as more than one profession. They should be able to register characters of all different professions that will be used in queuing if the current character’s profession takes to long to get a match.
5. Personal scoring needs to be improved, considering better personal participation. any shared action will have the points divided among the ones performing the action. For example:

• Shared actions must no longer give full score to all participants, the points will be distributed based on relative participation. For example, 5 guys defeating another can’t get as much score each as a 1v1. So the points from defeating that 1 guy would be spread among the 5.
  • Wasted actions will give no personal score. For example: If someone enters a point to capture it, then a second person enters it, and there’s no enemies nearby, the second person won’t get personal score for capturing, because there’s no need for more than one person in this case.
  • Downing enemies will also give points, and reviving give less points than now, so we can’t have things like a match with no kills in which the side that got 1 of theirs downed once wins against the side that never got anyone downed. These points must also scale to downed penalty. So downing or reviving someone with gives less score the more penalty they had.
  • These are just examples, more cases need to be taken in consideration, and must keep improving until personal score reflects as accurately as possible how much someone personally contributed towards victory.

6. Once personal scoring is improved to more closely reflect who contributed more towards the team’s score, players will get ‘MVP’ awards. Accumulating these will ‘reinforce’ pips so it’s harder to lose them, and also adjust mmr calculations. For example, if you where the MVP in a winning match, then the MVP in a losing match, those two MVP awards together will reinforce a pip starting from the left if the bar, and if a pip loss would ever hit that pip, the reinforcement would prevent a pip loss, and break the pip becoming a normal pip until reinforced again. But if you got carried in a winning match, then didn’t help much in a following losing match, you will lose a pip per usual.

This changes will only work if done together, and would greatly improve SoloQ matchmaking quality and more accurately reflect personal skill and progress.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Anet don’t care about Solo players even though they are the majority of the people playing, they already said its working as intended so everyone might as well stop begging them to make the game fair or fun again it’s obviously not gonna happen. The only thing left to do is just quit.

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

You sound pretty tough. Should I be fearful of you?

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

You sound pretty tough. Should I be fearful of you?

As with many on the forum it sure isn’t their argumentative abilities that are to be feared…

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

sorry but i like to soloQ, without it spvp will die

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Jack Daniels.5270

Jack Daniels.5270