Remove team dm plz

Remove team dm plz

in PvP

Posted by: Bazooka.3590

Bazooka.3590

The new update is great but plz remove T DM maps from Solo pvp maps.

Remove team dm plz

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Actually I love it. It brings something different after playing 10+ contests in a row.
I wish there was a build switch option though. People like the option of changing their build differently, to match the new DM game mode.
I’ve been seeing complaints like that a lot.

I’m noticing a whole lot more strategy the more i play… when on one of the sides where it’s team vs team zerg fest, about 20% health I usually Shelter/elite myself away the zerg and fallback to the tail end of my zerg. Usually bringing one or two with me for my team to pick off.
Not to mention flanking and the likes. I see it becoming popular.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Remove team dm plz

in PvP

Bazooka.3590

That was my 4th Tdm in a row.
Its wvw zerging. It has nothing to do with real skills for pvp and it has no place in the solo map list.

Remove team dm plz

in PvP

Posted by: Poledra Val.1490

Poledra Val.1490

When people use the word “strategy” in deathmatches I find if it amusing. It is clearly who has the biggest gun and with a smart team you down one of there players wait for the team to try and rez that player and bomb them all into oblivion.

It is as many people said, a WvW extravaganza in a excruciatingly tiny environment.

The solution is simple keep deathmatch and conquest modes in separate sections of PvP. If people want to que for deathmatch let them have it out in 3-5 min fights, if that is what floats there boat so be it.

Personally I find deathmatch brainless and there is little to no skill involved with it. Thats just my opinion on the matter.

The rest of the update seems fine though.

(edited by Poledra Val.1490)

Remove team dm plz

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

TDM is simply another PvP mode. As such, it requires other team compositions, tactics and skill sets, which most people won’t be familiar with (since the mode is not well known yet). It does look like WvW roaming, so players could borrow from good roaming practices, but obviously it’s not WvW zerging, since it only has 5 players.

Basically, a good team would be one that knows how to move and position itself during the fight (stick, repack, flank, protect casters…), how/when to share boons and benefit from field combos and class skill synergies, how/when to time debuff, control and offense on the opponent, how/when to cleanse and heal, how to kill (blast on downed opponents…), how to organize itself between tanks/bruisers, casters and roamers… Not an easy feat (especially without TeamSpeak coordination).

Remove team dm plz

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

First off, Courtyard isn’t an open map. You have sides with very few entrances to that particular side. You can blindly zerg middle like the rest of your pub solo group or join a team where you’re actually forming strategies…

If they have hunters, mesmers, necro, you may not want to zerg middle. At all.

If an engi pops turrets… have your team move. Node holding builds are no longer a big issue except being a nuisance. (popping turrets when some one is down may be helpful but idk)

Thieves/rangers/mesmers with portal, may do a hit and run strategies that can be very hurtful and i’m curious on that type of play style.

So yes. There can be a lot of strategies involved but at the moment everyone is zerging, especially all the solo player’s in que. ESL Tournament play is going to be VERY different than a regular rank match where most people are wanting to zerg.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Remove team dm plz

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Sorry op nope lots of players like it, if players dont they can vote not to play it.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Remove team dm plz

in PvP

Posted by: Shikuru.5926

Shikuru.5926

Guys,
i am very happy that we finally have a new gamemode. Why do u want to remove this ? This makes the game more interesting ! Maybe it is better for rank matches, but it is still funny to play and always the same is kind of boring ! That also a reason why so many ppl. do not like PvP.

Remove team dm plz

in PvP

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

That was my 4th Tdm in a row.
Its wvw zerging. It has nothing to do with real skills for pvp and it has no place in the solo map list.

I don’t get why people think TDM=WvW zerging, is GW2 your first PvP game :/ ?

My guess is that Anet is trying to make GW2 PvP something bigger than a simple conquest mode, right now your team cannot only focus on conquest but it has to be balanced for both, in the future we might actually see a proper PvP game with more game modes like capture the flag and king of the hill.

Remove team dm plz

in PvP

Poledra Val.1490

Cant really agree but everyone has an opinion on the matter.

If people honestly feel that this the sort of mode they want to play in, then let them have it in a separate section of PvP and enjoy the 300 seconds odd matches that they feel is fun.

Someone mentioned above that people think deathmatch is popular. The true thoroughbred players of PvP would not touch it with a barge pole.

(edited by Poledra Val.1490)

Remove team dm plz

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Someone mentioned above that people think deathmatch is popular. The true thoroughbred players of PvP would not touch it with a barge pole.

People want 2v2 3v3 etc arenas and they keep requesting “deathmatch” because they think that’s the word for it. It’s actually called annihilation. It’s a massive miscommunication.

Remove team dm plz

in PvP

Poledra Val.1490

People want 2v2 3v3 etc arenas and they keep requesting “deathmatch” because they think that’s the word for it. It’s actually called annihilation. It’s a massive miscommunication.

Quite true, in addition a 2v2 or 3v3 scenario in that map sounds a lot more reasonable then its current state.

Remove team dm plz

in PvP

Bazooka.3590

Yep. You have to first choose the game type and map and Then sign up for the game queue.
Now i cant play traditional domination cause 4-5 times in a row ppl vote for Tdm.
Ridiculous.

Remove team dm plz

in PvP

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

People are having to play fontline and backline roles like they did in Guild Wars 1 and it’s a little too hard for them at this point. Adjust, become better.

With that in mind however:

It SHOULD however be a separate game-mode, purely on account of the fact that it can take a lot more effort to win one of these matches (with or without adjusted rewards). This is coming from personal experience, as I’ve been matched with pretty even teams and sure it’s been hectic and stressful as heck, but I haven’t seen any ‘zerging’.

Call targets, communicate. It works. You’ll get better, it’s understandable considering we’ve had no other game mode for something like two years?

\o/

(edited by kylwilson.9137)

Remove team dm plz

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I don’t see them separating unless they add more TDM maps or favorite builds icons. The map has areas that people don’t bother to use or kite instead both teams clash and then complain zerg.. Give them a few weeks (months for those not familiar with wvw roaming)they will have to adapt their specs and strategies then you’ll differentiate bad from good teams a new pvp meta will create it self and some specs won’t be held back.

Let it play it self as they fix the bugs maybe it will take another 2 years for pvp only players to come up with a meta.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread