Remove team-joining in tPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Soyboy.3548

Soyboy.3548

Most people who play this game are casuals or we would be paying a subscription-based MMORPG like WoW or something.

Please get rid of the team-joining ability for tournaments. Most people join are pugs, and pugs get stomped by premades on vent. That’s just how it is. I know yall wanted to make this game an e-sport, but HA let’s face it. You can’t balance out FOTM issues first. Instead, you promote holiday events like WoW does and put your resources in that. Maybe quit the holiday events and focus on pvp balance like this game was marketed for. I remember being excited about removal of the holy trinity, but geez, all it is is burst damage, and some classes do that better than others. Get rid of the useless traits no one uses and make the trait trees work. Get rid of the ability for premades to steamroll pugs. That’s not fun for most of the players in tournies (you have to support players who are on the losing end of this game too—those of us that get 2 shot by thieves and mesmers, those of us without gaming friends who lose to your premade teams, OR WE WILL QUIT BECAUSE GAMING SHOULD BE FUN). Tournament people just want a balanced fight….right? The way to balance it is to get rid of premades.

Sure the high schoolers and college kids can’t play with their gaming friends. Well there’s still pve for that. The rest of us working adults who have no gaming friends would rather you support casual pug tournament play.

Thanks.

(edited by Soyboy.3548)

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

No, I hope team joining won’t be removed. But I do hope that first rounds will be more balanced at least. meaning: teams vs teams and pugs vs pugs. And let pugs get stomped after that.

in PvP

Soyboy.3548

Pugs getting stomped isn’t fun. Period.

in PvP

Posted by: Wanko.8103

Wanko.8103

I think you mean “Remove team-joining in free tPvP”. Paid tPvP is for teams, obviously.

I fully agree, because every second fight in free tPvP is team against pugs and, obviously, pugs have no chance, even if they’re good.

As alternative, make pug tPvP mode.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Just make free tournaments split, solo/duo que vs other solo/duo que. let the teams vs other teams. It’s not splitting the player base, because more pugs will play……… And form duo’s…… Then Form teams……

Would be healthy for the game. Leave paid team only of course. It gives some progression, kind of like LoL.

in PvP

Soyboy.3548

The reason pugs are paired with teams and your idea of pairing solo/duo with solo/duo won’t work is because not enough people are ever queued up for any of it. It’s the same people in every other match. This is why organized groups are just farming rank points with free tournies. That 1 organized group ruins it for everyone else.

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

I don’t agree with the idea of removing team joining because people want to play together i guess. But yes, constantly losing to the same few teams gets tiring after a while, and i got to say i’m not even trying anymore since i know we will lose..

But i as well start to wonder if this tPvP system is designed for teams or would fit better for random parties only( or pseudo randoms, with 2-3 friends). Clearly, i have most fun when my team is random and opponent is too, but when facing guilds, it’s not at all. Even when i’m doing solid tactic and when my teammates do follow it, we end up losing 500-450 only because they do have 2 guys camping shrines….

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

The reason pugs are paired with teams and your idea of pairing solo/duo with solo/duo won’t work is because not enough people are ever queued up for any of it. It’s the same people in every other match. This is why organized groups are just farming rank points with free tournies. That 1 organized group ruins it for everyone else.

Alot more players would play frees if they knew it would only be against other solo/duo qeu’ers. The player pool would grow. Obviously the tournament system hinders this, that’s for Anet to reconsider. But it would be healthier for the game if solo/duo players had a fighting chance.

in PvP

Posted by: Visionary.5681

Visionary.5681

If free tpvp was solo/duo queue only. There would be such a massive spike in tournaments available.

All those joining spvp, would be in tpvp for more fun.

Then the spvp servers would be more easily available for those wanting to practice specs and duel etc.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I play free tourneys with my guild, and we’re not even that organized. But it’s extremely fun to play with them, and no, we don’t enjoy paid tourneys much because we would get stomped (and because they consume a lot of tickets).

I agree matches should be more balanced, but ruining the fun for people who want to play with their friends for the sake of appealing to solo players is not the way to go. Both types of players should be equally treated.

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

I play free tourneys with my guild, and we’re not even that organized. But it’s extremely fun to play with them, and no, we don’t enjoy paid tourneys much because we would get stomped (and because they consume a lot of tickets).

I agree matches should be more balanced, but ruining the fun for people who want to play with their friends for the sake of appealing to solo players is not the way to go. Both types of players should be equally treated.

Exactly. A team que and solo/duo que would be the greatest of Additions to the game at this point.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

The point isn’t necessarily that we shouldn’t allow teams to queue together, it’s that right now, there are more players who would enjoy solo-queue than who are in teams. The OP is right—even the PvP playerbase is casual by a huge margin (let’s say 30:1, casual:hardcore?).

I’d be fine with leaving tourneys as-is and adding a random vs random single-match mode. Or, splitting tourneys into random vs random and premade vs premade.