Removing the chance to attain finishers

in PvP

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Please dont do this, countless hours have been spent in hope that one day we could reach the higher ranks to get prestigeous finishers such as Shark, pheonix and even the Dragon.

I would recommend if you want to switch from rank to another progression then thats acceptable but please still leave a way of acquiring these finishers.

Also what about the Dragon finisher? No one has even acquired this, it will be a shame if its completely removed from the game.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

They plan on adding different versions of those finishers in the new ladder system they wish to implement.

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

Exactly feeling like u.
Have been working for my r50 so hard, through all these tournament matches.
After a long break, going for the Shark Finisher now, would be quite disappointing if this all would have been for nothing.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

in PvP

ZilentNight.5089

They plan on adding different versions of those finishers in the new ladder system they wish to implement.

Hmm i dint quite get that by reading the dev post, do you have a source?

in PvP

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

It’s true, they do plan to do this. But there’s no info on whether these finishers are temporary (as in, only usable while you stay on top) or are ‘Season’ based much like WvW will be.

Either way, unless you plan to become the best of the best, you won’t be seeing anything anytime soon.

Duty is heavier than death.

in PvP

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

removing the ability to get those finishers seems like a bad idea to me if they are looking for ways to improve rewards. cuz whats more awesome than having those pop up when you finish someone? some fancy title just wont cut it.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in PvP

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Right in the blog post …

Once ladders are implemented, ranks will be retired. To honor the effort that players have put into the rank system, existing players will be able to keep all unlocked rank finishers and will earn a special title based on your rank to show that you were there from the start. Variants of existing rank finishers will move to the ladder system and will be used to show your current standings on the ladder from season to season. The original finishers will not be earnable again.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in PvP

ZilentNight.5089

the titles just get lost, I rarely even look at my title list since there are so many and no one notices them. Heck I cant remember the last time i even looked at how many titles i had. I would rather like to still get all the finishers.