Request: Queue from guild halls

in PvP

Posted by: Drath.4750

Drath.4750

Watching the guild hall livestream, the guild halls seem like a much better place to hang out in between matches. I get that there are concerns with queuing from the main world, but could we Queue from guild halls? That way I can at least duel with my teammates while we wait.

in PvP

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

That would be great. Hope they implement it.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in PvP

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Wait whats been the issue with queuing from main world?

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Loading time > popup time = reject

in PvP

Posted by: Demus.4571

Demus.4571

This would be amazing

[ASAP] Zerg ~~~ Starkar

in PvP

Posted by: liliph.6528

liliph.6528

Well they said in the blogpost about the guildhall portal: “You can also use it to travel to a selection of permanent destinations, such as Lion’s Arch and the Heart of the Mists”
So “maybe” it also means you can queue from the guild hall, or maybe I ‘m reading too much into it… but I just didn’t see the point of being able to travel to HOTM with the portal since you can already use your own instant teleport from the UI… (unless it’s just so that everyone can be in the same HOTM instance lol).
If we could do that, it would be a Big incentive for pvp guilds to work together toward their guild hall. (right now lot of of people in my pvp guild are just not interested into it and probably won’t help with the guild missions..)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

would not be an issue if the loaded you into the pvp map not HotM then PvP map. never understood the need to load both.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

would not be an issue if the loaded you into the pvp map not HotM then PvP map. never understood the need to load both.

Its not about loading HotM, but about fact that if you change maps in open world when you get popup during loading, then loading time is longer than popup leading to reject.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

But if you are queuing from a guild hall then you are at no risk of loading other maps.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Anet could add 15-30s to queue pop up and remove 15-30s from match beginnning.

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Anet could also let the queue know that a player is loading a map. So that the queue will wait untill all players have loaded in before the timer starts ticking.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Guild halls yes, but also from open world, pvp custom servers/hotjoins (if hotjoin still exists), and WvW. I would rather not compromise on this. We did just fine with these freedoms before the December 2014 patch, and that was even before the “ready check” that would not create a match until all 10 players were ready.

So what if people are loading maps a bit longer and we need to wait? Either kick them from the queue because their load is so long (a burden they should accept when they queue up and move about at their own discretion), or increase the window of opportunity for people to accept queue. I speak for everyone (yes, really) when I say we need queuing freedom to return for PvP to flourish more. If you disagree, I assume you have short queue times (many PvPers need to wait 7-8+ minutes per queue), or you don’t play very much.

Please, for the health of the game.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]