Rerolling: make trait unlocks class bound

in PvP

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Quick explanation for those who don’t PvP, the new XIII traits are soulbound right now, if I unlock Path of Corruption on my necro then make a new necro, I have to unlock it again. This stops us from making new chars when we want to, something we could do before. The answer: make trait unlocks class bound instead of soulbound. If one of my necros unlocks Path of Corruption, it unlocks in PvP only for all future necros.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in PvP

Posted by: bobomb.5209

bobomb.5209

^ Makes sense to me.

in PvP

Posted by: DonRobeez.3560

DonRobeez.3560

Should be account bound in my opinion.

Infested Kerrigan I [TaG]
Gunnar’s Hold
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GloryKittens

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

The one feature of praise gw2 PvP received among some of the harsher criticism was that PvP was completely accessible for all, and not about grind. At any stage you could create a new toon and enter PvP with full access. This was the one piece of praise given by all reviews. I can understand trying to create goals and making an investment in a profession before taking it into PvP, but nonetheless..this WAS (Has in no more) The one thing all people could agree was a big bonus to PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I personally don’t have a problem with unlocks for gold/gems/skillpoints/virgins/whatever, but agree they should be account bound.

Reason? Well, a lot of people pvp on a different character than they pve on. They might have made a big burly Norn mesmer, but prefer to pvp on an asura to exploit the tiny animations. Or maybe they’re on a high level competitive team and they all agreed to have themed character names. These people shouldn’t be punished – if they want to have 2 character slots devoted to a single class that’s more gems for expansion slots, so ANet shouldn’t say no to them.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

I thought they said the gm traits were going to be account bound anyway, anet pls

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I no longer care about Account bound unlock.

They killed Alting already by making players level up to 20 and use T-charges to change equipment.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant