Reset MMR's and Institute a Pre-Season

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

My suggestion before every season starts is to do three things:

- Reset MMR’s before every season

- Institute a Pre-Season for people to raise their MMR’s

- Everyone above a certain MMR get to start at a certain Division, and losing games when you start at this Division can lose you pips and reduce your Division

Reasoning: Everyone starts from a blank slate, it promotes winning games at the beginning by giving an incentive and it prevents MMR tanking. Maybe give people who raise their MMR enough during the Pre-Season a title to increase the incentive. Why am I suggesting this? Because I’m bored and playing PvP doesn’t sound all the interesting right now.

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

This is actually a very good suggestion. Let me refine it a bit:

• The time between seasons will be the Pre Season for the next season.
  • At the start of the Pre Season, all MMR/ranking will be reset
  • Games played during the Pre Seasons will affect MMR.
  • After the Pre Season, everyone above the starting MMR threshold will receive bonus pips when the Season starts. Amount should be tuned so pro teams will start around Ruby/Sapphire.

Benefits:

• Give people something to do during off season time
  • Seed the pro teams so they don’t have to play with below average players, leading to unpleasant experience for both teams.
  • Better match making overall.
  • Good incentive to play PvP, since winning a lot during the Pre Season give you a head start, but not too much. Giving bonus pips based on MMR also gives good incentive for people to play to their best instead of tanking MMR.
Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

This is actually a very good suggestion. Let me refine it a bit:

• The time between seasons will be the Pre Season for the next season.
  • At the start of the Pre Season, all MMR/ranking will be reset
  • Games played during the Pre Seasons will affect MMR.
  • After the Pre Season, everyone above the starting MMR threshold will receive bonus pips when the Season starts. Amount should be tuned so pro teams will start around Ruby/Sapphire.

Benefits:

• Give people something to do during off season time
  • Seed the pro teams so they don’t have to play with below average players, leading to unpleasant experience for both teams.
  • Better match making overall.
  • Good incentive to play PvP, since winning a lot during the Pre Season give you a head start, but not too much. Giving bonus pips based on MMR also gives good incentive for people to play to their best instead of tanking MMR.

I like you, you get it!

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

I think a longer season and everyone’s MMR resetting would be just as good, although I guess some people would eat some buttkickings for awhile, but this idea isn’t bad. Regardless a MMR reset needs to happen so bottom feeders and exploiters can’t get to diamond and above. Its frustrating to see people that don’t know the basics in Diamond and above it invalidates the whole thing.

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Good ideas. I like it. I can’t really think of anything wrong with it.

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

I like this idea. Remember though that Anet, built achievement tiers around the concept of grinding to a specific level. They wouldn’t invalidate their achievements. They want everyone to start at the same point with the theory being that going up a tier separates skill when it does not.

I would love a MMR reset.

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Just remove MMR altogether and do everything by tiers.

Let results show skill

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Let results show skill

Then you get the abjured (or whoever is good and playing normal leagues) playing against new PvPers for like 40 games.

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Let results show skill

Then you get the abjured (or whoever is good and playing normal leagues) playing against new PvPers for like 40 games.

You still get them with the current MMR system.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

A crappy player in emerald won’t face abjured in the current system (and they wouldn’t be gaming the system to force that.) Gem color should be taken into consideration, but also MMR.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Let results show skill

Its actually the opposite, if the league was based purely on MMR and not divisions then it would be fairer.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

A crappy player in emerald won’t face abjured in the current system (and they wouldn’t be gaming the system to force that.) Gem color should be taken into consideration, but also MMR.

He would if they queued with an amber ot one of them played on an alt account that’s amber/emerald. You would be surprised how many people game the system.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Let results show skill

I actually agree with that at the start of the season. Let the best crush the worst of their current division so they have a smooth ride to legendary since they aren’t simply going to just place you according to MMR.