Respawn timer 40 seconds after DC

in PvP

Posted by: Dejw.5164

Dejw.5164

So, I’m playin some good old pvp, chilling style and I get a DC. I didn’t leave intentionally, I lost connection to the server, it said. So I came back to the game and had about 38 seconds respawn timer. So my question, ArenaNet is – are you crazy? A player gets DC, so the enemy team has an instant advantage ( I DCed in the middle of a 2v2 btw xD) and you add to their advantage more by prolonging my respawn timer to 40 seconds? You are joking, right?

Cheers,
David

in PvP

Posted by: Scykosix.7836

Scykosix.7836

I think it got something to do with people logging out and back in when they died. They used to get instantly respawned when they logged back in. So people that had good PC could abuse that. ANET may have changed it this way, thats good. Not 100% sure though, may have just been a bug.

in PvP

Dejw.5164

That is kind of weird, that would mean the respawn timer was saved in my PC, it should be saved on the server, right? So if u log back in, the server should send information to your pc how many seconds are left on your respawn timer.

in PvP

Dejw.5164

Hey,

just bumping this post, I would like an answer from ArenaNet, if possible.

in PvP

Posted by: ich.7086

ich.7086

Scykosix.7836 is right, if you log out / DC, you get a penalty of maximum bleed out time + respawn timer to prevent log out / log in abuse which is way faster on fast computer. See here

The penalty is indeed stored in the server (security reason) and sent back as you come back.

I Am An Intruder – War 80
Ich Bin Marc – Thief 80
All Your Dolyaks Are Belong To [Us] (Fort Ranik)

in PvP

Dejw.5164

Oh so it’s about downed mode. Well I believe if they added 10 seconds to the timer, it would be enough. People that get DCed not by their own making suffer from this.

in PvP

Posted by: ich.7086

ich.7086

You can DC on purpose (i.e. unplug cable) to simulate a DC and come back quick. Anet has no way to tell if a DC is an abuse or not and treat all of them equally.

I Am An Intruder – War 80
Ich Bin Marc – Thief 80
All Your Dolyaks Are Belong To [Us] (Fort Ranik)