Respond to this

Respond to this

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

JonPeters.5630:
Thanks for reading and considering my words,
Jon
Your canned response is always “you don’t understand what we do”, and yet you never tell us what you do.
The communication here is vital, and in your case it’s dead.
Look at a company like Carbine, your sister company making Wildstar. The game isn’t out yet, but the community there is genuinely excited because of the overflow of information. They talk about features, why they are doing them, and then leave the door open saying “we’re always listening”. They’ve also proven that already by taking a few major features out or tweaking them just based on feedback.
Also, look at Everquest Next: the game is having a round table that is requesting all major decisions to go through the community to see what we want. What a novel concept!
Do you know why these companies are doing this? They see other “AAA Games that have recently released, and they don’t seem to be open with their community. We don’t want that to happen here”. Hmmmm…which company do you think they are talking about? I think they mean 2. One of them was EA/Bioware, I’m pretty sure the other one is you.
Also, you talk about resources as some finite thing that is very limited, and yet you openly boast about “Fastest selling MMO ever selling over 3 million copies.” So, in this case, resources are money investments because the people required to make features cost money. You basically say “we don’t have it” and then you turn around and say “look at all of our money! I’m Rick James B!!!”.
Lastly, your NASA comment: The difference between what NASA is doing and what ANET is doing is that NASA has no competition. They are trying to do something that we a- don’t understand and b- have no other company to compare progress to. With you, that is not the case. Although I have no idea about how specifically Anet has coded their game or how they have teams dedicated to what, I can say that I at least have a basic understanding of programming and large projects, and I have someone to compare you to since there are other MMOs and video games that have released and are releasing. There are games that came out and have nowhere NEAR that 3 million box copy sold that you are talking about and yet they have the core features that took you 1 year to put in, they had them at launch or soon after. Why can they, but you can’t? I can compare, I have eyes, and your company isn’t some non-quantifiable mystery to me.
I end with this: I love this game, and I hate it at the same time. The potential and the core mechanics are the best in any game I’ve ever played, MMO or not. So, with that, ALONG with the fact that it sold well (So i know the money is there to sustain it) and yet the support is minuscule and you guys pat yourself on the back for delivering what can only be classified as the slowest feature release post-launch in any PvP game ever. NOW, that can’t be said about PvE: PvE is releasing more content than any other MMO I have ever seen, and it’s not even sub based.
So, we the people, have eyes to see; we see that PvE is releasing a MASS amount of difficult content every OTHER WEEK, and yet PvP releases core, basic features every 6 months. hmmmmm….what conclusion should we, the player, draw from that Jon? I’ll tell you: Your company does not care about PvP because it’s too wrapped up in PvE.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]