Rest In Peace Terribad Cheese Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Relentless.7023

Relentless.7023

I propose a toast to the worthless and terrible builds that have become less ridiculous than before on this great day in GW2 PvP balance history

• To you, Hambow Warrior slayer of all with your puddles of slobber and rotten cheese. Your damage has been reduced and your Elementalist rivals of old have come for you ready to challenge your previous place as the masters of the side node
  • To you, Sword Dagger thief, the imaculate troll build of all troll builds. May your legion of average players find far more challenging days in the months ahead. In anticipation of their new, demanding days ahead they have run away from their class like scared rats! Let them run!
  • To you, Condi Necro whose nonexistent direct damage will not pierce the Diamond Skin of the glorious Elementalist who will have his righteous vengeance. May you discover how to play with skill in a future that demands both direct and condition damage
  • To you, No Stun Break Condi Engis, whose vigor uptime was the only thing keeping you alive outside of your AoE spam and blinds and who now must consider their mortality far more than previously. May you reconsider your greedy ways and build more conservatively!
  • To you, Spirit Ranger, whose thunderous spirit will no longer severely punish those near you with lower armor rating, and who will have to earn their duels against the Diamond Skin Elementalist who will enjoy destroying your embarassing existence
  • To you, Condi Mesmers and Warriors, making mockeries of classes whose true glory lies in the risk and reward of bringing the burst, as you attempt to stack a few conditions on Berserker Stance, Diamond Skin, and Mesmers with stronger condition removal
  • To you, Perma Stealth thieves, the truest definition of coward this game has seen. Your infusion of failure is dead and so will you if you try to run that terrible build in the hallowed grounds of TPvP again!

Let this day of December 10th be a new day – the dawn of the skilled and intelligent winning while the weak and spineless builds of the past die the shameful deaths they have long deserved!

(edited by Relentless.7023)

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Less than half of those are getting nerfed.

The others are getting buffed.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

You’re saying goodbye to condi necro because of one ability an ele can use? lol

Name one perma stealth thief that’s good.

Are you saying goodbye to condi warriors? lol

Spirit ranger? Why? Because their storm spirit is getting nerfed? Now they’ll just go for more team support with signet of renewal or something.

It sounds like you’re an ele based upon how much you talk about diamond skin.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Zeon.8239

Zeon.8239

Hambow Warriors will still roll Elementalists who can’t dodge/kite and/or who don’t have burst large enough to kill. And the build will still be extremely forgiving with too much reward.

Condition Mesmers are going to be worse than before since now they have a passive heal to add to their Prismatic Understanding + torch cheese. Ones who aren’t using offhand staff with scepter/torch are still going to roll Diamond Skin Elementalists because they get a bit of direct damage via offhand sword/pistol/gs phantasms.

Condition Necro is seeing some minor nerfs; nothing that will make too much of a difference. It’ll still be entertaining to watch them get rolled by Diamond Skin, though.

Spirit rangers will now have another spirit added to their kitten nal, because what we needed from this build was not only more passive play, but more clutter as well. Good job, aNet.

Condition Warriors can actually do a bit of direct damage via Arcing Arrow still, amongst other things (varies depending on weaponset). I have a feeling that a good diamond skin Elementalist will just make this fight one of those boring, neverending stalemates.

I’m honestly a bit disappointed in the sword 2 nerf, especially after the decrease in the population of S/D Thieves from the Larcenous Strike nerf. This weaponset may go extinct now, and S/P might as well.

Lol @ permastealth in conquest in general; this applies to Thieves but also to an extent the Mesmers who decide to bring Veil, Decoy, offhand torch, and Mass Invis. Cheese like this should never have existed in the first place. Mesmers will get more annoying, though.

I honestly didn’t find three kit Engineers to be that cheesy.

#ELEtism

in PvP

Posted by: Relentless.7023

Relentless.7023

Rock Solid, Ether Renewal, Diamond Skin, Scepter and Focus.

You will learn soon enough

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Spirit Rangers Storm Spirit is only getting 1k damage shaved off of it, unless ANet decided to go with a harsher nerf since the preview thread. So unless the Eles have 20K+ health, Diamond Skin isn’t going to help all that much, and the build itself isn’t really changing all that much, so really, I’m not sure where the patch is destroying that build.

I’d love to see some seriously harsh and shocking changes in the update though. Doubtful, but would be thoroughly pleasing.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

link to patch note pls?

in PvP

Posted by: ExaFlare.1390

ExaFlare.1390

I don’t know how War is going to evolve, I guess most of them will drop Burst Mastery to get Unsuspected Foes. 0/10/30/0/30 → 0/20/30/0/20
A lot a damage nerfed, but maybe it will still be a good build.

S/D won’t have the instant escape button, if your opponent catches you you’ll need something else to get out.

I don’t think that necros will have that much trouble.

I’m not an expert but I don’t see many significant changes on Engineer.

And I think Rangers will still be used, they are still good to sustain so they will still use Healing Spring and Rez Spirit, with some other utilities like Lightning Reflex and Signet of Renewal

Server : Vizunah Square [FR]
Chars : Exa Flare | Exaflare | Aurora Wall | Aurora Sword | Azure Flame God

in PvP

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

Hambow was never the strongest warrior build, only the easiest one to play due to the forgivingness of 30 in defense, healing signet and for some even dolyak signet. In my eyes greatsword has much higher damage potential and more skilled play while hammer will still be an incredible cc weapon.
I didn’t even run any of the nerfed traits anyway and was still strong in solo queue and team queue.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

I propose a toast to the worthless and terrible builds that have become less ridiculous than before on this great day in GW2 PvP balance history

• To you, Hambow Warrior slayer of all with your puddles of slobber and rotten cheese. Your damage has been reduced and your Elementalist rivals of old have come for you ready to challenge your previous place as the masters of the side node
  • To you, Sword Dagger thief, the imaculate troll build of all troll builds. May your legion of average players find far more challenging days in the months ahead. In anticipation of their new, demanding days ahead they have run away from their class like scared rats! Let them run!
  • To you, Condi Necro whose nonexistent direct damage will not pierce the Diamond Skin of the glorious Elementalist who will have his righteous vengeance. May you discover how to play with skill in a future that demands both direct and condition damage
  • To you, No Stun Break Condi Engis, whose vigor uptime was the only thing keeping you alive outside of your AoE spam and blinds and who now must consider their mortality far more than previously. May you reconsider your greedy ways and build more conservatively!
  • To you, Spirit Ranger, whose thunderous spirit will no longer severely punish those near you with lower armor rating, and who will have to earn their duels against the Diamond Skin Elementalist who will enjoy destroying your embarassing existence
  • To you, Condi Mesmers and Warriors, making mockeries of classes whose true glory lies in the risk and reward of bringing the burst, as you attempt to stack a few conditions on Berserker Stance, Diamond Skin, and Mesmers with stronger condition removal
  • To you, Perma Stealth thieves, the truest definition of coward this game has seen. Your infusion of failure is dead and so will you if you try to run that terrible build in the hallowed grounds of TPvP again!

Let this day of December 10th be a new day – the dawn of the skilled and intelligent winning while the weak and spineless builds of the past die the shameful deaths they have long deserved!

I bet you’re one of those skilled/intelligent and got rollstamped on those cheesygayish build. because you kittening know them pretty well haha peace

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I bet you’re one super awesome dude, who runs 0 cheese and always fights with honour… wait you’re a thief…. lol

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in PvP

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

This post is so full of fail, ignorance, and misinformation, lol…

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

You must really think Diamond Skin is going to solve a lot of problems.

In reality, this trait is going to be good for 3 days as condi-spammers try their usual tactic of just spamming harder. Then people will figure out 1 single power attack is needed before their condi-spam train gets rolling, and ele will still just die. Engies will not have ANY issue with the power damage, PU mesmers will have to actually shatter for once (and only once), spirit rangers will proc 1 storm spirit, and necros…should be in teamfights anyway. Oh yea, condi warriors have no shortage of power damage also.

So how does diamond skin completely put these matchups in their favor, taking into account there are important skills that have to be given up if you want to take it?

Edit: Oh yea, forgot to mention, if this cheese did actually get nerfed, there is plenty of fresh fringe cheese builds just waiting to stink up the joint.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

To be honest I think condi mesmer will be stronger than ever

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

You could probably just stun an ele and let the petting zoo take its hp down by an entire 10%

in PvP

Posted by: Reevz.2617

Reevz.2617

choosing not to use a stunbreak on an engi is in fact far from greedy, i bring R because team resses are op.

also GLHF killing me on my engi with 30 in earth

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Brainded necros are still here don’t worry…

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

We discovered the amazing skill thats required by power specs back when they introduced dhuumfire. Every necro is condi + dd for months Well i guess will have to do it the skilled way and shoot a 1.5k lifeblast at ele before i start applying my condis.

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

Some things right, some things wrong, still kittening hilarious to read though lol!

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in PvP

Posted by: Adris.1859

Adris.1859

Hambow ain’t goin’ nowhere. It will be just fine after few adjustments.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

Non Spirit Ranger already kick some serious tail, and I’m getting buffed HARD

See you on teh Flip Side

=)

Attachments:

(edited by Sarlack.4096)

in PvP

Posted by: Garb Cost.3718

Garb Cost.3718

Not fussed by all the QQ from a lot of the responses but definitely enjoyed a jolly good read. Nice one OP!

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

“Cheese build” = A build someone else can’t beat but that they don’t run themselves.

It’s summarized perfectly in a sig I saw somewhere:

“Dear Arenanet: Please nerf rock, it’s too powerful. Paper is okay. — Thanks, Scissors.”

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

“Cheese build” = A build someone else can’t beat but that they don’t run themselves.

“Dear Arenanet: Please nerf rock, it’s too powerful. Paper is okay. — Thanks, Scissors.”

cheese build is just something that takes really low skill to run for exceptional effectiveness. It makes other more fair builds seem bad because you have to try harder to do as well on those fair builds.

I do run cheese build myself (kinda, it’s not super cheese but still cheese) but I want to see them go away because it hurts the pvp scene overall.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

My hammer+mace/shield build is fine, been playing it without UF and i still faceroll nubs. Ur welcome

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

cheese build is just something that takes really low skill to run for exceptional effectiveness. It makes other more fair builds seem bad because you have to try harder to do as well on those fair builds.

I do run cheese build myself (kinda, it’s not super cheese but still cheese) but I want to see them go away because it hurts the pvp scene overall.

this

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

I understand that some builds are harder to run than others. And I agree they should balance effort and reward to the extent possible.

The problem is I constantly see people claim certain things are “easy” that I know from personal experience are not.

Personally, I don’t really care about these labels any more. I’ll play what I want much as others do.

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

I approve of the spirit of the post, but we’ll see how true this is.

I don’t think Condi Engis are going away any time soon, and Rabid ammy does give a pretty decent boost to direct damage.

I am definitely gonna try a S/F Diamond Skin Ele though I’ve wanted to play Ele for a long time.