Return of real Tournaments?

in PvP

Posted by: Clostridius.2415

Clostridius.2415

When do real tournaments come back? Or when do we get new tournament modes?
This 1-round tournament is so kittening boring! All day long the same map over and over again…its so boring!!!
I want real tournaments with a lot of teams. More than 1 round. We need tournaments with good rewards! These kittening chests i dont even open anymore because i dont have enough space in my bag for all this kitten!
We need small 3-round tournaments like we had some months ago and we need new tournament modes like weekly or monthly tournaments with big rewards. the current mode is so annoying. And please dont tell me that there are big tournaments createt by Jianji and GW2 Pro…Yes this tournaments are cool, but we need tournaments ingame, createt by Anet!
I really hope that Anet will act soon! The pvp community gets smaller every day. If u play TPvP often u know every single player. New players are rare! So please give us new motivating stuff, so that the old players stay and a lot new players will join this game!

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

+1

Id implement a daily 3 round tournament with gem/gold reward. Also, once lose you can spectate the other matches.

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Krilce.7864

Krilce.7864

Or, they could make a map randomly chosen, and the team that wins stays in a tourney, up to 10 wins. For every win they get a golden chest, and after 10 wins, they get much better reward, in the form of gems, gold, rare armor and weapon skins(only one), and so on.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

We need those Automated tournaments (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.).

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

People would cry even more. Imagine, can you pick 8 teams of approximetly same-ranked guys? If not, at the end, for the first place a remaining r20 could be matched with the remaining r50. And tears would flow.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Krilce.7864

Krilce.7864

People would cry even more. Imagine, can you pick 8 teams of approximetly same-ranked guys? If not, at the end, for the first place a remaining r20 could be matched with the remaining r50. And tears would flow.

That’s why any kind of tournament wouldn’t succeed with this kind of kittenty matchmaking .

in PvP

Posted by: xehn.3420

xehn.3420

yeah good idea…
I already have to wait 10mn sometimes to find a game, add 3 round tournament and it will take forever.

in PvP

Posted by: EightyEs.5873

EightyEs.5873

We need those Automated tournaments (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.).

This.

[TBR] Team Bierrat | Elona Reach [DE]

in PvP

Posted by: Clostridius.2415

Clostridius.2415

@xehn
and why does it take so long? because nobody plays this game anymore. i remember times where 3-times tournies popped instant!!! so we need new stuff to get all this players back! and 1-round tourny definitely doesnt motivate!

in PvP

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

+1, these 1 round tournys aren’t even a tournament. we map randomization too.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in PvP

Posted by: GuilguiS.2738

GuilguiS.2738

Here’s my Suggestions:

• First of all the solo que stuff that everyone is crying about because it is necessary for this system.
  • Create a team leader board. By “team” i mean people within the same guild. So we can see and track who the best teams are. The rating for teams will not be calculated by using the players individual rating but every team(guild) will have it’s own rating.
  • Change the current tournament’s name to Ranked matches. They’ll reward you individually with a chest similar to now but with less stuff. Your team gets Qualifying Points. Remember that the team only gets QP if all players have the team tag.
  • Introduction of weekly, monthly and annual tournaments:

- Every week the top 8 teams in ammount of QP will be summoned in game for a tournament in the format we had some months ago.The rewards will of course contain a chest, but there should be other incentives like gems and a title or an icon on the right side of your name like the map competion one. The idea behind this is to have the top teams gather every week at a specific day and time so it can be streamed by shout casters. QP will reset every week and the weekly tournaments will be part of the leaderboard formula.

- The monthly and annual tourneys will pick the teams from the leaderboards. These tourneys would be bigger and feature 1 or 2 more maps allowing more than 8 teams. The winners of the annual tourney will get a token that allows them to get a pvp legendary and other rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

2v2/3v3 deathmatch, that’s what the game needs. Tourneys are just battlegrounds =/

Give 2v2/3v3 DM a try, you will see a huge boom in pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Stof.9584

Stof.9584

It would make sense to (re)introduce a (free) unranked 1 round tournament system.

On top of the above list for the tournament scene, we desperately need to bridge the gap between new casual players and the dedicated pro pugs/premade teams that have been practicing for over a year now.
Even with solo queue and perfect matchmaking, there will be a large skill gap that is very difficult to cross for new players.

People would be able to play for fun with their friends without having to worry about rating, while learning and getting comfortable with the ranked format. Hotjoin clearly fails to fulfil this role currently, because it teaches you nothing about actual tournament play or strategies.
I think it would be wise to reevaluate the reward system in this light, as well as glory gain. Currently Hotjoin, as I’m sure you are well aware of by now, solely promotes selfish glory farming.

Desolation EU – Necromancer / Thief
Top 100 Solo Q for a full minute

(edited by Stof.9584)

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Make 1 map tourny rated, and 3 round unrated. And also add automated tournaments.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

oh god, you guys do realize that we had to spam these forums for like 6 months just to get those horrid 3 round frees/paids out of the game right? You couldn’t even get a queue until like 8pm-10pm pst. Even then it was all just about who could play the most to farm up QP. Just wait for the team/solo queue leaderboard separation and public elo.
I still have nightmare about the infamous QP ladder.

What needs to happen is this:

• solo queue/team ranked queues split
  • solo queue map is random, team map changes every 30 mins
  • guilds need a toggle to become “Teams” -size limit of 8 players, “teams” harbor their own individual elo -like a single player does now. No matter who leaves/joins and plays on a team, the team elo can be raised or lowered if 5 people within the team play together and win or loose. Each player can be on 1 team at a time. Teams can upload their own custom logos for display in the guild window.
  • top 8 teams in the team ladder compete in weekly tournies and get w/l ratio for the weekly league, then the 1-3 best w/l ratio at the end of the month gets a gem or real cash reward. top 8 w/l ratio at the end of the season (with at least 4 weekly tournies played) compete in big LAN tourney for $100k+ (#LowbudgetLCS) -and by “top w/l” i mean highest w/l ratio % from weekly tourney games, one team might crush the first week and go like 6/0, but get stomped the next week and get 0/2’d in the first round, bombing their w/l ratio back down to 6/2 -which would be where the majority of the other teams would be at.
  • If a team misses a weekly tourney, they are disqualified from the monthly rewards. (obviously don’t want people just remaking teams and trying to get 6/0 w/l and sitting on 100% ratio to grab the monthly over and over again).
  • weekly tournament registration will begin at the beginning of that week (monday), only the top 8 teams may register until Wednesday, then it opens up to the top 16 teams on the elo ladder. 10 teams register, first 8 will get to compete, the 2nd two will be on a waiting list an play if one or two of the first 8 doesn’t show up.

tl;dr = bold

Neglekt

(edited by Zodian.6597)