Returning after a year

Returning after a year

in PvP

Posted by: Switchy.7625

Switchy.7625

I used to play D/D Ele almost exclusively, with some Thief on the side. I’ve heard both are bad now? I’m trying to get back into the game but it seems a lot has changed and there is no real place to get any information.

What classes are good right now? What compares to the old D/D Ele playstyle?

Thanks!

Returning after a year

in PvP

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Meta has yet to stabilize since the patch is so new, but if you’re looking for a bruiser playstyle similar to old D/D, Scrapper is probably your best bet.

D/D Ele unfortunately is quite hard to survive with currently. Doesn’t do enough damage or support to warrant the lack of survivability IMO.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Returning after a year

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

DD ele is outdated, scrapper fulfills the asme role now. Thief is good. In fact, all classes are good, but some of them are stuck with just one build (so far, patch still has to stabilize)

M I L K B O I S

Returning after a year

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Even if they are right, Scrapper is not dd ele.

DD ele was able to AOE might stack (scrapper have 1 blast), able to give “Protection” (scraper don’t give much protection with the Meta build), able to sustain and kill in 1v1 on equal skill level (scrapper have hard time to kill now, since the last nerf), able to AOE condi cleanses so much (while scrapper will aoe cleanses with the purge gyro that can get killed, so not that reliable).

So… most likely, you want to play Power Revenant Spec. It all do that and have a better rezzing option, where he can stand cleave (because he heal on cleave passively).

While dd ele, need many combo of skill to do it. Revenant need to click once his glint skill to get it always active.

So, dd ele was great but hard to master.

Glint Rev is great but is way easier to master his “support” side. It’s probably harder to “time” REVenant skill for bursting things up. Timing is more important on REV than the spamming dd ele skills.

And at least, REVENANT can kill things up. Scrapper… not that much anymore.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Returning after a year

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Even if they are right, Scrapper is not dd ele.

DD ele was able to AOE might stack (scrapper have 1 blast), able to give “Protection” (scraper don’t give much protection with the Meta build), able to sustain and kill in 1v1 on equal skill level (scrapper have hard time to kill now, since the last nerf), able to AOE condi cleanses so much (while scrapper will aoe cleanses with the purge gyro that can get killed, so not that reliable).

So… most likely, you want to play Power Revenant Spec. It all do that and have a better rezzing option, where he can stand cleave (because he heal on cleave passively).

While dd ele, need many combo of skill to do it. Revenant need to click once his glint skill to get it always active.

So, dd ele was great but hard to master.

Glint Rev is great but is way easier to master his “support” side. It’s probably harder to “time” REVenant skill for bursting things up. Timing is more important on REV than the spamming dd ele skills.

And at least, REVENANT can kill things up. Scrapper… not that much anymore.

Scrapper fulfills the same role as DD ele.

M I L K B O I S

Returning after a year

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

…able to AOE condi cleanses so much (while scrapper will aoe cleanses with the purge gyro that can get killed, so not that reliable)…

Elixir-Gun 5 (and for others exclusively, Elixir-Gun 3) is a condi-cleanse.

NSPride <3